ZFM no straw 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
Ok so I was looking at the ZFM but didnt have a straw so here is how I did mine ..... you need a Vapor 4 LIfe cartomizer with the rubber mouth peice I got mine from the peppermint icecream carts that my hubby uses. the rubber part is all you need from the carto. use a box cutter to make the rubber peice the shape of the zfm plug to fit inside the cart it is easy I made it perfect the first time. What is nice about this is it already had a hole in it and if you make it fit real tight then there is no need for a ledge for it to sit on because it is so thick it works like a cork in a wine bottle. The hole will line up with the atty bridge inside. Now before putting your new cart/plug mod into the atty push the plug into the cart just below the edge maybe 1-2mm and the first time ease it onto the atty so you dont hurt the bridge. Now no flavor but juice no burning no melting at least not for my use. If anyone tries this tell me how or if it works for you. You have to pop it out to refill but it worked good for me. Been trying it about 3 days just to make sure it works before I posted this.

Uncle Bill

ECF Veteran
You don't really need to get tricky with the 510 cart. Just take out the filler and snip off about 1/4 or less of it. Fill the cart up nearly to the top, then press the short bit of filler material into the top of the cart and insert the cart into the atty. The atty bridge will reposition the shortened filler material, and it will stay there. This is a modified ZFM that doesn't require a plug on top, and it works nicely. There have been other posts about this. I forget who to credit with the idea.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I have already tried that and leak leak leak. I have been thru blue foam sucks so far the buff puff thing is all that works other than this rubber plug thing I think it works good just thought I would share what I am using to ZFM with it takes a few minutes to make but it is a good plug and I like it for me. I know that not everyone has the same results just like I had bad luck with the BF but others think it worked great. As with everything "to each his own". This is ZFM just with a different material to make the plug I think it works without the straw because the pluggy thing I am using is 1/4 " thick so it sticks and doesnt fall out, anyways just sharing what works for me.

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
You don't really need to get tricky with the 510 cart. Just take out the filler and snip off about 1/4 or less of it. Fill the cart up nearly to the top, then press the short bit of filler material into the top of the cart and insert the cart into the atty. The atty bridge will reposition the shortened filler material, and it will stay there. This is a modified ZFM that doesn't require a plug on top, and it works nicely. There have been other posts about this. I forget who to credit with the idea.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/79418-highping-cart-mod-simple-gets.html

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
When I use the rubber plug there is no need for a cartridge cover after I fill. I can fill 2 carts with rubber plug throw em in my PCC and not have to worry about them leaking and not have to cap them and my 3rd cart already on my 510 so 3 carts to go and no caps to worry about loosing . Like I said it works good for me and makes quick and easy to go.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wow...I am surprised no one tried this. I am glad I tried this out since it works incredibly well. I use a penstyle (m201) ecig....so i cut the soft rubber mouth piece plug of the cartomizer to fit the penstyle cartridge. It is pretty easy to do. At first it was working so so. Then I the flipped the plug so that the bottom end was facing the atomizer. Now it works perfectly. I have tried most of the mods in this subforum and this is the best by far. Every hit is perfect with no leaking issues. A big thank you to the OP.

Last edited:

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
(btw, I agree that the 1/4 polyfill method does leak a bit, a half tall filler is better).

The thing about this and the ZFM is re-filling. I don't really want to carry around a syringe
with me. Anyway easy way to take out the plug?

I'm thinking about making a small plug out of foil with handles sticking out past the edge so I can easily take it out.

Rudy33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am a noob and confused about how to do this. What is a ZFM? Are you putting the plug in the cart or atomizer? Are there pics or video of this somewhere.

I am so tired of dripping at work or the 510 carts hold 4 drops of fluid which is hardly enough to go out for a smoke break. Not a problem at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread