Any Experts Here? I Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledzepp93

Jan 20, 2017
Hey everyone, I need help finding an atomizer. I used to subohm and really hated the way it used up all my e liquid so fast, it ended up costing more than cigarettes. I'd really like to smoke somewhere between 2 and 3 ohms, but to be honest I don't really know much about how ecigs work. I've always used the rda's (I think), the ones where you just buy the atomizers and replace them every 5 days or so. So anyway I don't know what tank/ coils to buy. I have a Nemesis Clone mech mod and a Samsung 18650 battery with 3.6v, 20A, and 2500mAh. Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated!! Thank you <3

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
If your going to use a tank on the Nemesis you really want to build your own coils and use a RTA. Stock coil tanks are not recommended for mech mods. Perhaps getting a regulated mod like an iStick 30 or 40 watt, or even a 60 watt with your battery and a Nautilus mini with 1.8 ohm coils will give a decent MTL (mouth to lung) draw.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Welcome to ECF!

Mech mods are really for experienced users. They can be very dangerous if not used properly.

I agree with Bonskibon. You should really buy a regulated device. They have built-in safety features and the ones she mentioned have variable voltage and variable wattage which makes them more flexible.

Ledzepp93

Jan 20, 2017
If your going to use a tank on the Nemesis you really want to build your own coils and use a RTA. Stock coil tanks are not recommended for mech mods. Perhaps getting a regulated mod like an iStick 30 or 40 watt, or even a 60 watt with your battery and a Nautilus mini with 1.8 ohm coils will give a decent MTL (mouth to lung) draw.
Thanks! I really like the Nemesis and I'm gonna stick with it, can you recommend any tanks I should use with it? Thank you so much!<3

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Thanks! I really like the Nemesis and I'm gonna stick with it, can you recommend any tanks I should use with it? Thank you so much!<3
Aspire Nautilus and Kanger Protanks would be relatively safe, but not subohm.

With the appropriate batteries, a Kanger Subtank/Toptank or Aspire Triton/Atlantis running the .5 ohm coils would be acceptable.

The Nemesis does have a 510 top cap and so danger #1 is avoided, but there are still a lot of safety issues to think about with mechs... make sure you know your ohms law and check your atomizer on a meter frequently...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

HemiHonda

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Arizona
I've been vaping for some time now, but do not consider myself an expert...you learn something new every day. From your post, I agree with the above statements...get a new set up. Safety first all the time. I understand if dropping some coin might be a concern, but your face is worth it.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
If you're not into getting a new device then you need to hit the books. Vaping vocabulary, mathematics with a special focus on ohms law, shop class - learning how to build coils, battery safety 101. ECF is pretty big on safety, we hate hearing that someone blew up their face or pocket. Good luck.

And I get it, I love the way a lot of mechs look - I just don't think I'm schooled enough for that yet.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Do you have a meter you can use to check the resistance of whatever atomizer you're using, and to check for shorts? If not, you should not be using a mech. If you want to use a mech, learn how to use it properly and safely. You need to know how to care for your batteries, how to check their voltage, what voltage you need to recharge it at, what to look for physically on the battery to make sure it's okay to use every time you use it. Then, for your atomizer, whether you build your own coils or use replaceable atomizer heads, you need to know how to check the resistance and whether or not there is a short, every time. Then you need to know what resistance is safe to use with the batteries you have. Then you can begin to figure out how to get the most satisfactory vape for you from whatever equipment you choose to use.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Hey everyone, I need help finding an atomizer. I used to subohm and really hated the way it used up all my e liquid so fast, it ended up costing more than cigarettes. I'd really like to smoke somewhere between 2 and 3 ohms, but to be honest I don't really know much about how ecigs work. I've always used the RDA's (I think), the ones where you just buy the atomizers and replace them every 5 days or so. So anyway I don't know what tank/ coils to buy. I have a Nemesis Clone mech mod and a Samsung 18650 battery with 3.6v, 20A, and 2500mAh. Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated!! Thank you <3

:danger: buy a regulated mod so we don't hear about you on the news. :danger:

and welcome to ecf, lots of info on here for you to read and get up to date with gear and how to vape safely.:thumb:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
OP,, requires 2 to 3 ohm resistance coils.Look for hi-resistance cartomizers or T3s kangertech clearos at fasttech.
Cartos would be available at kidney punchers.
At that high resistance amp draw about 1.5 to 3.3 amps, dependant on SOC of cells.
Very safe actually..
True... ish. I doubt that's really what he's looking for, a 3ohm coil on a single battery mech is a very niche vape. Also wouldn't negate the necessity for knowing how to use a mech safely. I've had protank heads straight out of the package with dead shorts, killed an ego battery that way.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
True... ish. I doubt that's really what he's looking for, a 3ohm coil on a single battery mech is a very niche vape. Also wouldn't negate the necessity for knowing how to use a mech safely. I've had protank heads straight out of the package with dead shorts, killed an ego battery that way.
How true, back in 2010 when i started. I went to mechs out of desperation, i knew i would have caved on the cigalikes i was using.
OPs question was like a sweet breeze from the past.
No question,, ohms law is imperative using a Mech in any configuration..

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Oh,, i think OP is a female..

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Someone refuses to listen to Sage advice.

Get a regulated mod to use until you learn Ohms law and battery safety. Then after you learn to use a mech mod safely be my guest using the mech.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
"There is too much confusion here, I can't get no release"

I recommend an iStick (or simliar) and a tank in the 1.6/1.8/2.0/2.2 ohm range then just turn it up and down to suit.

The rest is too complicated. Trying to get the exact power of vapor on a mech is like trying to shoot a moving target with one eye.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
There is a post in the New Member's area where the poster said his regulated mod is reading "Short". He/she is using a tank with a factory coil. Whether it is an actual short or not, a mech will not give any warning which could be very dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread