Any good small ecigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally I was a pack a day Marlboro lights smoker, I've used njoy which was terrible, then I got Kgo 1100mah with atomizers and it is everything I dreamed of, I only take a 3 second hit it's so strong and last 3 days a charge to give you an idea of my smoking habits.

I want something a little more portable and less crack pipe looking since I spend a lot of time in public, maybe the size of a njoy but with a good hit that will last me about 8hrs at least (the njoy only lasted about 3hrs on a full charge)

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
This is what you're looking for. Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette get a Volt kit

I've been vaping for 3 years and have tried all kinds of ecigs from mini's to mods and the Volt impressed me with the performance of it. It's the only look alike ecig I'll recommend to anyone.

If you look around, I'm not the only one. I heard so much hype about them that I got one to check out and still find myself reaching for it. I can't vouch for their liquids as all I've tried is what came in the prefilled cartos with my kit, but if you have a favorite liquid, they have blank cartos available.

You will find most small ecigs are not going to give you the battery life you are looking for. You got a lot more time out on an Njoy than I did. I could blow through one of their batts in 45min. The volt 78mm lasts me about 3 hrs so if an Njoy lasts you 3 hours, then the Volt might get you more. However, you're looking at I believe a 280-320mah battery. You get about 1hr/100mah, in general, of actual vaping time so the smaller the battery, the less charge time.

The Volt is still the best performing ecig of that type that I've come across so far and their customer service is great.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
If you're used to using a kgo, you're going to be sorely disappointed with any of the mini's other than the Volt. You aren't going to get 8 hours out of any of the Volt (or any other) real small batteries, but they do have a larger battery available that will come closer than any Joye 510 battery. The drawback is that you'll need 808 cartomizers, but it will be worth it. No 510 on the market is going to be any smaller than that kGo and still give you more than a few hours between charges. You can also get a charging case for the volt, so you can get over 8 hours of vaping with a battery change or two.

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
Another recommendation is the Smokeless Image Volts they have great performance for the size, and I quit by using them. The only issue is that they are 808 threaded, so they will use different stuff than you have now. I think that their liquids are pretty great though, especially their 555 and RY4.

I started with the 510's and felt something was missing. I then went to the 808's and find them much superior. It seems to me that they are much more powerful than the 510's and battery wise they last longer. This might just be me, but that is what I have found. I also have a bigger battery now purchased from the company you quoted and love it , but I still use my 808's all the time, especially when going out.

Happy Vaping
Morri

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If ecigs were cars, the small ones would have 2 gallon fuel tanks. If you want a good vaping experience, a battery of 650mah or better is going to be the lower limit. There are vapers who don't mind carrying a PCC (personal charging case) and a charger with a cigarette lighter adapter. I would rather just carry an extra 2000mah battery for my Provari or an extra eGo 1000mah batt when I go out.

I bought a Joye 510 when I first started vaping. After a month, I got tired of dealing with puny batteries and bought an eGo. The eGo satisfied me until I recently bit the bullet and bought a Provari. The Provari isn't for everyone, but it's an all day vape on one AW 18650 2000mah batt. You can also get that and variable voltage vaping to boot with a Lavatube for less than half the price if it suits your budget better.

We all experiment, move up in increments, and finally wish we had just skipped the chain of ecig evolution and gone to VV vaping earlier. It's cheaper in the long run, but we still value our smaller ecigs for the backup system they provide. Lack of a backup can mean buying cigarettes if our only ecig craps out.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I want something a little more portable and less crack pipe looking since I spend a lot of time in public, maybe the size of a Njoy but with a good hit that will last me about 8hrs at least (the njoy only lasted about 3hrs on a full charge)

I try to discourage this reasoning every time I see it. No matter what you vape in public, you are going to attract attention. If what you are vaping looks like a cigarette, more often than not, it's negative attention. I've had restaurant managers tell me that they've had trouble with other customers complaining when people use a PV that looks like a cigarette. Because what I use has no resemblance to one, they let me use it and I had no trouble. However, a less open minded manager would have just banned it altogether. Seriously, I'd rather see you vaping in public with a foot long mod that looks like it fell off a UFO than something that resembles a cigarette. You're poisoning the water for the rest of us.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Actually, V2s are 4.2v devices that fire at 3.7v, just like your kGo. I smoke V2s when I'm not on my E-power (just like your Kgo except I have separate batteries) and I like them just fine except they're much more expensive than the Volts (an extra battery for the V2 is $25; an extra Volt battery is 1/2 that). Same deal with cartos (V2 $13 for a 5 pack; Volts $9 for a five pack).

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Mickey, I see your point. On the other hand, the minis have their place. For example, last night, as a professor, I had to attend commencement. This means sitting 2+ hours in an auditorium, mostly bored out of your mind. This time, however, I had my trusty V2 concealed in my robes and stealth-vaped my way through it. Other than some strange looks from my colleagues immediately around me (until I explained) nobody knew what I was doing.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
So far what I do (and that may change) is use the 650mah Kgo and an 808 cig-looking device and switch between the two.
The 650mah Kgo fits my jeans pocket much better than the 1100mah, and I'm able to cary both in my pocket along with an extra carto or two comfortably.

I've heard so many good things about the Volt, I'm thinking of trying one. I also see a VV unit in my future as I like to tinker.

dwsp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
USA/MY/SG
I try to discourage this reasoning every time I see it. No matter what you vape in public, you are going to attract attention. If what you are vaping looks like a cigarette, more often than not, it's negative attention. I've had restaurant managers tell me that they've had trouble with other customers complaining when people use a PV that looks like a cigarette. Because what I use has no resemblance to one, they let me use it and I had no trouble. However, a less open minded manager would have just banned it altogether. Seriously, I'd rather see you vaping in public with a foot long mod that looks like it fell off a UFO than something that resembles a cigarette. You're poisoning the water for the rest of us.

i would just like to second this opinion.

perhaps a better option for you would be to get a smaller n slimmer PV but not hunt for one that looks like a cigarette. i had the same mindset as you initially. which lead me to buy one of those starter packs where it looks exactly like a cigarette and equally small n compact.

end result: other than the points mentioned by MickeyRat which are totally valid. These kits usually are less reliable and do not have a good lifespan = more money spent on replacement!

just my 2 cents worth!

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
So far what I do (and that may change) is use the 650mah Kgo and an 808 cig-looking device and switch between the two.
The 650mah Kgo fits my jeans pocket much better than the 1100mah, and I'm able to cary both in my pocket along with an extra carto or two comfortably.

I've heard so many good things about the Volt, I'm thinking of trying one. I also see a VV unit in my future as I like to tinker.

I think you will definately enjoy the volt.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Mickey, I see your point. On the other hand, the minis have their place. For example, last night, as a professor, I had to attend commencement. This means sitting 2+ hours in an auditorium, mostly bored out of your mind. This time, however, I had my trusty V2 concealed in my robes and stealth-vaped my way through it. Other than some strange looks from my colleagues immediately around me (until I explained) nobody knew what I was doing.

I did not say that minis don't have their place. I've never felt or understood the need but, I do understand that some people need the resemblance. For stealth vaping there are better things though. For some reason I can't remember the name but, there is a keychain mod out there that would be better for stealth vaping. However, in the post I was replying to, the desire for the mini was to use it in public. Even stealth vapers have reported that they get less dirty looks with an ego than a mini.

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I did not say that minis don't have their place. I've never felt or understood the need but, I do understand that some people need the resemblance. For stealth vaping there are better things though. For some reason I can't remember the name but, there is a keychain mod out there that would be better for stealth vaping. However, in the post I was replying to, the desire for the mini was to use it in public. Even stealth vapers have reported that they get less dirty looks with an ego than a mini.
My experience has been quite different than yours regarding the “strange or nasty looks” comment.

Whenever I pull out my 100mah Kgo or am vaping it at a stoplight, the heads turn especially when I have the tank attached. They tend to think I’m smoking "something else". When I pull out my cigarette looking 801 nobody seems to give it a second glance.

One thing I like my 801 for is driving. It is just more comfortable to hold in my hand than those other devices.

I say to each his own, if you feel more comfortable brandishing one device over another….go for it.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If you're used to using a kgo, you're going to be sorely disappointed with any of the mini's other than the Volt. You aren't going to get 8 hours out of any of the Volt (or any other) real small batteries, but they do have a larger battery available that will come closer than any Joye 510 battery. The drawback is that you'll need 808 cartomizers, but it will be worth it. No 510 on the market is going to be any smaller than that kGo and still give you more than a few hours between charges. You can also get a charging case for the volt, so you can get over 8 hours of vaping with a battery change or two.

I don't know sailorman. The OP is obviously part of the new breed of vapers who are getting 3 days of battery life out of the Kgo. Thus, he should be able to get 2 days of battery life out of the mini-Volt or a mini-510 that us old guys where never able to figure out how to do.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places

live2vapp

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 3, 2012
south carolina
you really wont get any good battery life out of any of the mini's i have been through about 5 diffrant brands and styles when i started at one time i carried 4 batterys a pcc charger and a car charger to work just to keep going without problems finaly i got a vgo with 510 threading and wow 650mah batterys or higher is the only way to go

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread