Any handy people with advice for a wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hello anybody reading. Does anybody have any ideas on how best for me to deal with this wall for either tiling or painting without calling the plasterer?
Thanks
9F5FB137-0719-45D6-AD87-5ED2F84B1E42.jpeg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Here is your thread: How to Fix Stuff

Bronze started it I think. He will fix it simply by reading your post. I would be JEALOUS but I gots me a dude that will fix anything so my jealousy is mitigated.

Although, all the fixers are fantastic. They know about fixing stuff I had little idea EXISTED.

Good luck

Anna

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Thank you all for your ideas. I might go just some patch job and paint like advised.
What is the wall made out of? Concrete?

How Big is the wall?
3m L 2m H no it’s not concrete. I have no idea. Really weak though, pretty sure I could put my hand through it if I tried

Last edited:
Reactions: 2WhiteWolves

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you all for your ideas. I might go just some patch job and paint like advised.

3m L 2m H no it’s not concrete. I have no idea. Really weak though, pretty sure I couldn’t my hand through it if I tried

The Reason I asked is I have been involved in some of these "Big" patch jobs. And what I have learned (the Hard Way) is it is Many Times easier to Cut Out the Wall and replace it with a piece of Drywall. And then just have to Patch/Sand a seam. Then to try and Patch a Huge Area.

And if that is not an Option, then I would Strongly Suggest doing what Letitia mentioned with Paneling.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
The Reason I asked is I have been involved in some of these "Big" patch jobs. And what I have learned (the Hard Way) is it is Many Times easier to Cut Out the Wall and replace it with a piece of Drywall. And then just have to Patch/Sand a seam. Then to try and Patch a Huge Area.

And if that is not an Option, then I would Strongly Suggest doing what Letitia mentioned with Paneling.

thanks a lot. I will look into that. I have no clue about panelling

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
thanks a lot. I will look into that. I have no clue about panelling

It's just Really Hard to make Large Areas look flat and Unnoticeable after painting using Patch. That... and you're talking about a Lot of Dust.

BTW - Paneling used in a Bathroom is often called "Beadboard".

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I changed my mind about wall advice actually. I have tons. First, do not make thy wall out of good old fashioned steel, especially if there are going to JILLIONS of miles of it, the Mexicans own blow torches and like, they are pretty good at scavenging stuff ALSO then there will be lots of holes in your wall which will permit entry and like, that will be an Eternal Patch.

Also, don't make your wall too high. People climb that sucker and well fall off. Then, they are taken by border patrol to like, tenderly cared for in our hospitals (I know this because I was working there and asked) on our dime. Including a walker. Because, "If we took her back without treatment she'd die in a Mexican prison. I was working in that hospital and it took up 2 border patrol agents for a week and she got a walker. So, like make the wall hard to climb but make it low. IDK spikes? Razor wire? IDK I don't like the idea of like um, coming up to The Wall and seeing dead people tangle in it that turns me off. Also, there are these things called "ladders" and provided you have a phone often times you can arrange some laddering with your "on the other side pal."

Also I think many people will continue to like try to sneak in in trucks, suffocated under stuff, etc.

Also, I really really really (even though I know some of the Arizona tribes are the WORST when it comes to smuggling and whatnot BUT making it harder does not make it less it just makes it harder) so really you should knock it off when it comes to appropriating land you gave to the tribe so KNOCK IT OF. You don't get to "Sovereign nation" a bunch in a really rather nasty area of the country because you decided YOU liked Yellowstone so really it's unfair to say, "OH HAY sorry we need this for a pipe/a dam/a wall it's just not RIGHT." It kind of sends the message, "Oh sure, like you can do what you want unless WE want to do something so really, don't get super comfortable."

Also, really you want to turn the pregnant women back at the border as IMO there are TONS of women just travelling through to give birth here and then there is this endless ladder of "citizen" kids who go say with their guardian "aunt" or "older sister" and etc. It happens a LOT and I don't know if I have a problem with it honestly as MOST of the guardian kids I meet are SMART, not doing drugs, healthy, and want to go on to college and frankly they are a lot better off than many Caucasian residents who are busy cutting, doing every drug they can, etc. But really.....

I don't know what to do. IF you could figure out who the coyotes are in the convoy, well, a smart bomb is WAY too much of a crater and it is the coyotes who are incredibly horrible not those travelling stuffed full of drugs and without enough water, after investing their life savings.

I mean IDK but after living in Border Town a while, I just despair sometimes there are no good answers and at times, nothing to do and a lot of it is not only HARMLESS to our society, but good.

I would catch the Mexican teens who have 2 girls in Douglas and 7 in Mexico and busily trying to impregnate them ALL, I would throw them in the darkest of ANY prison and whatever paltry dough they make fashioning license plates or picking up trash by the side of the road, well it would have to be split between the chicks involved.

So avoid those mistakes and your wall will work out so much better than a Wall in the USA....

Uh, got a little off topic there, but there ARE walls I know about. I even know how to patch plaster sorta but that one is WAY outside my skill level. Etc.

You will likely need to repaint the whole thing if patching and do a fair bit of sanding that thing is a mess etc.

Much like the mess I live near currently.

Anna

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Hello anybody reading. Does anybody have any ideas on how best for me to deal with this wall for either tiling or painting without calling the plasterer?
Thanks
View attachment 883571
Do you know any graffiti artists in need of a canvas? I'd have to call a professional if it were my wall...good luck man.

• Winner
Reactions: Letitia

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Do you know any graffiti artists in need of a canvas? I'd have to call a professional if it were my wall...good luck man.

that’s what I thought but I asked and my dad insists that he can do the job well. I’ll let him do his thing and see how it looks
If that fails, then pro :(

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
that’s what I thought but I asked and my dad insists that he can do the job well. I’ll let him do his thing and see how it looks
If that fails, then pro :(

It can Definitely be done using patch.

It just gets down to how much Experience one has. And how much Gift one has in their Hands and Eyes.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
It can Definitely be done using patch.

It just gets down to how much Experience one has. And how much Gift one has in their Hands and Eyes.
0D83ECD7-4AEC-4C07-AE22-55E56AA0B68C.jpeg

that’s the first bit and then skim and level apparently

I’m happy enough if it ends like it’s begun

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Let it dry completely (three daysish) and sand it lightly so that the connecting edges are smooth. Then wipe down with a damp sponge to make sure any drywall dust is removed before painting. I would paint two coats. Since the paint will not match (most likely due to painting age), you should consider painting that whole wall.

There are many other videos about feathering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread