Any idea how to open this tank to replace the coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamoZaBlamo

Nov 9, 2017
I've had this Vaptio P-I Mini for a few weeks, and I finally decided to replace the coil because the taste is harsh and gross. I have no idea how to unscrew it to do so.
All the tutorials online seem to involve the red version, which appears to have a better grip, and also a visible pin that stops the section with the small gap for air from turning too far. Mine is still stopped from turning after a certain point, but no matter how much strength I use, it doesn't seem to work in either direction.
The instructions seem to say that it can be easily unscrewed.

Any ideas? Should I just force it?
It sort of seems like the instructions are just wrong and there is another way to do this.
I will post pictures soon

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This is the tank right?

VAPTIO_P1_MINI-TANK_VAPE_TANK-01_03.width-2560.jpg

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Or try putting a allen key or small screwdriver in one air hole and out the other for leverage

Careful, though.

I made a mess of an air hole once being the base was of soft metal.

My base was SS, but I bent the tip of my coil jig doing that, once. Just once. Then I discovered the rubber gloves trick.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
There are threads on the top cap, and there are threads on the base. If that picture is accurate then you need to unscrew the base from the atomizer tube to change the coil and you need to unscrew the top cap from the atomizer tube to fill with liquid. Wrap the base in a thick washcloth and then close a pair of channel locks over the wash cloth to get a good grip on the base with your non dominant hand. Then, with your dominant hand, grip the atomizer tube. Use a rubber glove or a handkerchief to increase your grip. Slowly twist them apart.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I keep these rubber waffle pads around for stuck atomizer parts. Wrap it around both ends and twist with two hands. It's pretty much a never fail tool.

Once you get it apart, put a drop of juice on the threads and o-rings and it will come apart easily the next time.

s-l1000.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Rubber (whether it's gloves or mesh) does give a much better grip. Freezer works sometimes, or, you could borrow my husband, he uses tools on some of my tanks that I don't even know what they're called, but I think they might be plumbing related. He cracked one tank before discovering that no he wasn't working with copper or plastic, LOL. Otherwise, he's the best last resort I have.... :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread