• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any interest in DIY Recipe Creator Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hi all,

Being the dork that I am, I've developed a software application for creating and storing e-juice recipes. It's nothing fancy, just something I put together in my spare time. It will make amount calculations based on what percentage of each ingredient you want in your recipe. You can use 2 nicotine liquids and up to 3 flavorings currently (I may open it up and make it more flexible in the future.. but this is a 1.0 product haha). It will also print out the recipe (personally I think it looks better than a spread sheet. The screen shot below shows what it will look like.) and you can give it your own color scheme if you so choose haha

I got frustrated with all the excel spread sheets floating around because I don't have excel installed at home and open office only works SOMETIMES haha. This application doesn't require anything except the Windows operating system and it's a pretty small app. Sorry Mac users, it's unlikely it will work for you, but you can try it if you have windows emulation of some sort. Below are some screen shots of the interface. I tried to keep it simple and relatively self explanatory but there's a help menu with basic instructions if you need it. It's geared more toward the person that's just getting into DIY mixing or someone that want's to keep track of bunches of recipes vs. some hard core commercial mixing operation.

EasyEMain.jpg

EasyEMainWDropdown.jpg

EasyEPrint.jpg

EasyEPrefs.jpg

I've tested this on XP and Vista and it's working great, but from my experience as a developer, you tend to look for certain things and the programmer doesn't necessarily make the best tester, so PLEASE let me know if you have any issues with the installation or use. I would appreciate any feedback you give me. For now I'm considering this a beta release, but you shouldn't have any major issues.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, it is downloadable from this link:

Easy E-Juice Recipe Creator

Please remember that this is a BETA release and may have a bug or two that I'm hoping you all can flush out for me haha...

Last edited:

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
This looks really interesting and I just bought some LoriAnn's flavors. I know zip about all this(s).

I'll send you an PM.

OK, I'm sure I'm asking an obvious question, but what is the vodka for...to kill bacteria?

The vodka serves 2 purposes actually..it increases throat hit a bit and it helps to thin VG. if your not using VG you probably don't need vodka. It's always an optional thing, just like water. I never use water but some people do. If you're like me and you don't use PG at all (other than the Nicotine liquid) sometimes it needs to be thinned out a bit to get the right viscosity.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Wow, I've gotten more of a response than I thought I would (I was only expecting VIP folks) so I'm going to see if I can find some place to host the file for download by the end of the day (assuming I can get a freebee somewhere haha). If I can find something, I'll post the link in here for anyone that's interested. If not, I'll have to fall back on my original plan of emailing it to people, so, if you're someone that wants this please include an email address when you request the app!

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
OK..those of you that sent me an email address should have the application in your mail box right now. If you had problems getting it, just let me know... I'm still searching for a free FTP Host that will allow more bandwidth than 100mb a month. Again...anyone that sees this and want's it, please send me an email address to send it too.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry Gmail users! The file is bouncing back for those of you with gmail addresses.. apparently they block .zip and .exe files (even if their contained in a .zip)

"
Some file types are blocked
Print
As a security measure to prevent potential viruses, Gmail doesn't allow you to send or receive executable files (such as files ending in .exe) that could contain damaging executable code.

Gmail won't accept these types of files even if they are sent in a zipped (.zip, .tar, .tgz, .taz, .z, .gz) format. If this type of message is sent to your Gmail address, it is bounced back to the sender automatically.

You can send and receive messages up to 25 megabytes (MB) total (including attachments). Any message that exceeds this limit will not be delivered to your inbox and will be returned to the sender. "

vapeopotamus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is there another place to look on the forms for DIY juice. Supplies etc....went to walmart at lunch trying to find VG but didn't see it. Where is it kept at? Would it be a crime to discuss DIY juice on this thread? I know where to get vodka I am ok with that. What are the flavorings for and does that particular band work better?

Information is POWER -
Wait G.I. Joe just popped into my head
and knowing is half the battle

Thanks,
Newb

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Is there another place to look on the forms for DIY juice. Supplies etc....went to walmart at lunch trying to find VG but didn't see it. Where is it kept at? Would it be a crime to discuss DIY juice on this thread? I know where to get vodka I am ok with that. What are the flavorings for and does that particular band work better?

Information is POWER -
Wait G.I. Joe just popped into my head
and knowing is half the battle

Thanks,
Newb

yes....it's a crime to talk about DIY Juice on this thread haha...KIDDING! So, you can get VG at wal-mart in the Pharmacy section, in the skin care isle...or at least that's where it is at the Elliot and Priest Wal-Mart.

There is an entire DIY section in this forum under the "Tips & Tricks" heading. You should see it on the main page.

As far as the flavorings go, I suppose they ARE optional, but just plain 'ol VG or PG isn't really appealing to most of us haha. The major manufacturers for flavors are LorAnn, Capella, and Bickfords. There are others I think, but these 3 are the biggies. LorAnn and Bickfords are candy flavorings and are super concentrated so you don't need much. As to which brand is best, I suppose that depends on who you ask. I use LorAnn's just because it's the most readily available to me. I haven't used Capella's yet, but I hear they're good too and have the added benefit of not having any artificial colors and are water soluble. Don't get oil based flavorings and you'll be fine. If you want details on where to get flavoring online or locally, just PM me.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Based on the feedback I've received so far, I've updated the application. There was a glitch that would save a recipe with the wrong amounts if the percentages were changed but the user didn't click the "Calculate Amounts" button before saving. Now, it will auto calculate the amounts before a save if the total percentage is %100. Here is the link to the latest greatest:

Easy E-Juice Recipe Creator

Thanks to olderthandirt for finding this one for me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread