Status
Not open for further replies.

srcowell

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Kansas City, KS
A few days ago, I was startled and dismayed to find that my website was recently the victim of malware infestation. It's not the first time it has happened, but this time I was able to trace the source of the malware to a WordPress-powered blog I had on my website, but had abandoned some time ago. So I completely removed the blog. Because the blog allowed users to post replies, it was susceptible to the uploading of malware. It was an easy fix to get rid of the malware, but I fear a less easy fix to my reputation and that of my website. Anyway, the blog is now gone and I have strong reasons to believe that will prevent my website from being infected again.

I was alerted to this problem by Google, who sent me emails about it. I have high praise for Google for acting as an Internet watch dog for things like malware on websites, and I praise them at least equally for alerting innocent websites to infestations like this. Thanks to Google, I knew about it within a day of the attack and was therefore able to quickly scrub my website and avoid spreading contamination to any of my readers. After I scrubbed the malware off my website, I asked Google to test it again, which they have done, and there are no longer any warnings when my site is accessed. So thank you, Google!

And I again invite readers of this forum to try my DIY spreadsheet and recipe book. It's available for download at the link in my signature.

Thanks for your attention!

Dencur

Apr 8, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Thank you for making such a comprehensive spreadsheet! This is exactly what I was looking for to start mixing.

I have one question. I am currently using 60mg/ml 50/50 PG/VG liquid and some separate PG and VG to dilute. Is there any way to lock the PG/VG nicotine mix to 50/50, but allow for the PG/VG non-nicotene to adjust to meet the target pg/vg ratio?

Thanks!

srcowell

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Kansas City, KS
Sorry I didn't see your question sooner!

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to set your preferences for 50/50 and the PG/VG ratio should be the same for both the nicotine and non-nicotine liquids, with the small exceptions that I notated, which is that flavorings are almost always in a PG base, so the volume of flavoring, in ml, is subtracted from the volume of non-nicotine PG. So if you have a 10% flavoring mix, the volume of non-nicotine PG should be lower than the volume of non-nicotine VG by the amount (volume) of flavorings added to the mix.

For example, if you are mixing a 30ml bottle of juice and want to use 10% flavoring, that would be approximately 3ml of flavoring (which is quite a lot, really!). That 3ml is subtracted from the non-nic PG, which means the non-nic PG will be 3ml less than the non-nic VG.

This example assumes there are no water or alcohol dilutions to thin the VG. If you use that type of dilution, that volume is subtracted from the non-nic VG.

I hope this answers your question adequately. Thanks for posting it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread