Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Just did my second batch of DIY juice. I've found that I have a low tolerance for PG so I did my first batch at 75VG/25PG 15mg nic 20% flavoring. The flavor was barely perceptible (Loranns watermelon). But I like the warm thick VG vape so much that it convinced me to make a batch of flavorless and I'm quite content with it.
Now I'm no Cloud Chaser but the appreciable vapor on exhaling my little Tootle Puffs goes a long way for conning my weak mind into thinking I'm still smoking. I just hope my vape won't change in a few days. Don't think it will. What do y'all think?:blink:

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Steeping (aging) and breathing are done for different reasons, none of which are applicable to flavorless juices.
1) Steeping/aging: Allows the molecules in the flavor concentrates to mix properly with the nicotine, vg, and pg. This might be somewhat applicable in your case, as nicotine can still break down and can also mix with the vg/pg base. However, the point of steeping/aging is to yield a better flavored juice. As you can tell by now, that's not what you're trying to do.

Breathing: Allows for the harsh chemicals (e.g. alcohol) in the juice to escape. Further, this replaces the "old air" (which is ridden with alcohol from the juice, assuming it was present in the first place) to escape and be replaced with "clean air" - again, this is not likely applicable in your case.
Note: Oxygen, when introduced to a juice, also hastens the aging process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread