Any newbies trying Virgin Vapors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not had my first e cig yet. However, I just placed an order with Virgin Vapor last night. I had been researching e cigs for about a month, and finally decided to just do it!

I chose VV because of their organic ingredients, and the owner of the company being soooo hands on. There have been many good reviews for this company on the web.

Just wondering... Any VV fans want to share their experience?

NJC

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
NJ
We have more juice than any human(s) should own at any given point. Seriously.

We only have two 10ml bottles of VV. The Kona Coffee and I believe the Blueberry Swirl stuff.

To be blunt, this forum is so filled with people who have barely posted (ourselves included), or state that they haven't tried things but have specific questions, that we're always a bit wary about what is a comment and what is a "social advertisement." We honestly don't mean any offense toward you....and yes, we're just a couple in NJ a couple months into quitting smoking.

We also feel similarly about descriptions and advertising. Sort of like infomercials that promise the world and end up what your gut instinct should have thought -- "umm, look a piece of crap!" So any mentions of "organic" or "natural" in eJuice land strike both our curiosity and concern at the same time. But often enough curiosity wins out. At least enough to buy a couple samples.

In regard to VV, this is what we can say honestly -- they are one of the few where the flavors actually both smelled and tasted like what they said they were. That's a rarity. We have so much juice to still sample, and a few go-to's definitely that are not from VV.

But we definitely "get" why people like the Kona. Similarly, the Blueberry more than anything tastes for lack of a better word, authentic. The Kona isn't for me on an ongoing basis, though I think I would like it at a higher voltage more so. For her, she's just not into anything but Menthol, so she "understood and appreciated it (read as: "Neat!" vs. "Why did you just give me that?") but it wasn't what satisfied her. In regard to the Blueberry it was something I had to try, didn't expect to like long term and was actually positively surprised. It would be something I'd want every now and then though. Usually it's either "Hate it!" or "Love it!" This was a rarity. I actually would want it around time to time When I say that, it means a lot. So for both it was sort of like Jazz. Appreciation of what it is, but lust for someone else out there.

It's only two flavors, but VV gets kudos for that primary reason. We've bought so much juice where there might be something to like in many, but there's so often some little (or big) aspect that is an instant turn-off.

It could be an off-putting taste. It could be a medicinal or chemical flavor that you think will disappear with steeping but doesn't. It could be a dryness. It could be overpowering. It could be one flavor overpowering another rather than blending as a whole. It could be that <something> that just makes it feel like trying, like if you were left with just that one flavor forever, that you'd just quit vaping.

What we can say about the two flavors of VV we've tried -- they are the opposite of what disgusts us and what we can appreciate, but might not be our "everyday vape." We hope the remainder of their flavors remain true to that feeling. But with two samples, it gave us hope vs. the feeling of "never going to buy from that vendor again.."

Once we can thin down the amount of juice we have...to the point of even trying everything we have, we certainly will try a few more flavors. But the fact that we have great appreciation (or any appreciation!) for flavors that aren't our go-to flavors -- that's almost puts them in the highest regard from us.

TL;DR - The snozzberries tasted like snozzberries and we give respect to VV.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I wanted to like Virgin Vapors. I really did. I like Annette. I like the idea of organic stuff and a small company.
I'd say I like the prices, but I'd be lying. But for what it is, or is supposed to be, they're fair.
I only ordered one bottle of "Strawberry Lime Cooler".
I regret to say that it was the most foul tasting stuff I've ever vaped.
I DIY 95% of my juice, so for me to say a juice is bad is saying a lot.
I KNOW what foul tastes like.
I tried to let it steep. It's been steeping for over 2 weeks.
If it was a 1 on a scale of 10, after steeping it's a 2.5.
The taste is so bad, the cliches about gym socks or pond scum are woefully inadequate.
There is nothing in there that even remotely resembles strawberry or lime, or anything edible for that matter.

I'd like to think it was a freak accident.
Maybe she was having a bad day and accidentally filled the bottle with some dog medication.
I've heard so much love for VV, I can't believe what came in this bottle.
I'd use it for insecticide, but the cruelty of that is beyond me.

If anyone has tried this flavor, and liked it, let me know.
I'm still hoping it was just a freak accident.
I can't believe anyone would let this stuff out of the building.
It sounded so good and I couldn't afford to get other flavors.
I'll try VV again some day, but I'm kind of snakebit at the moment.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
@Sailorman: I have 4 flavors of VV in transit (arriving hopefully tomorrow or Friday). Heard nothing but great things about their products (and I like the back story - softy at heart...). I ordered the the Strawberry Lime Cooler, so hoping you got a bad batch.

Yeah, me too, softy at heart. I wish I could have ordered another flavor or two to give them a fair try. Good luck with your SLC.

plasticscones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Tropic
I just started vaping and have a halo g6, despite people raving about halo juices they haven't been to my liking so i'm going to put an order with VV because of the organic and wonderful flavors and reviews. I doubt i'll be disappointed. I can't wait till the new tobacco line comes out because I need to cure my marb red fix. These are the flaves I have on my mind:
-Lemon Rose Water
-Celestial Honeydew
-Hunger of Persephone
-Wild Watermelon
-Strawberry Lime Cooler
-Guava (WHICH SOUNDS AMAAAZING)
-Blueberry Bliss

water4choc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
Northern Nevada
I really like Virgin Vaper juices - they are the only ones I will get. They are organic and they are put in glass bottles. The Kona Coffee Milkshake is my favorite. I also have the Strawberry Lime Cooler - in fact that is my current vape and I find it very enjoyable so I don't know, but maybe Sailorman got a bad batch. I have the cheesecake, thai mango, peach, key lime, naked vanilla, chocolate cake and I just ordered a bunch more today using the 10% discount for mother's day.

VapiCide

Apr 24, 2012
New England
Reading these reviews I feel the need to chime in.. Been vaping about 4 months but have tried many juices. Virgin Vapors is my top supplier. Also like Highbrow a lot... Overall I agree that most of the Virgin stuff tastes like you think it should. That is the flavors are very realistic and not artificial tasting as soo many other juices are. The flavors I've tried so far are the Kona Milkshake, Blueberry Bliss, Hot Buttered Rum, Key Lime Pie, Lemon Rose Water, Vanilla Blckberry Swirl, and Bella Amaretto. My favorites are the Kona, Buttered Rum, and Vanilla Blackberry Swirl. They are awesome... very realistic and rich flavors. The Lemon Rose Water and Bella Amaretto are nice but not very strong. They smell amazing but are almost too mild to taste. I've tried them at different voltages and on tanks and cartos. Nothing seems to make a difference. They do place nice with others though. I've mixed the rose water with a limoncello I purchased from Highbrow and it's great. The amaretto is a nice addition to anything with a basic vanilla flavor. It adds a nice extra dimension to the flavor and smell. The only one I must say was a dud was the Key Lime Pie. I love real Key Lime Pie and thought this would be an easy flavor for VV to create. I was wrong. It was un-vapable. Somewhere between pine-sol and battery acid. I wonder if she has help or doesn't actually try all her recipes. But having said that I will absolutely buy more liquids from her. She's a true mixologist..

V8inDamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
LOST IN THE CLOUDS-USA
Hello to all of you

I would like to ask the people that got juices they couldn't vape. Did you contact Annette? As she prides herself on putting out the best. If something is wrong with it she is willing to fix it. She is also someone that will admit she too is human and does make mistakes.She will work with you anyway she can to rectify it. So I encourage you to please contact her and let her know. I have been vaping for just over 5 months and I am very hard to please in the way of eliquids as they have to be very heavy on the flavor and sweet. With that being said I have gotten about 25 flavors from her mind you I haven't tried them all but the 10 that I have I loved. Which were both of the kona milkshakes, honeydew, chai tea, death by chocolate, strawberry shortcake, cream caramel,vanilla blackberry swirl, caramel kettle corn, pillow dreams, mint tingle these were all with ex flavor of course. Some of them have to steep but I am an avid steeper. But her samples I found most were great right away. Then a couple I let steep for a couple weeks as them ones she steeps for a couple weeks before she will let them go out. So Please contact her. Oh by the way I am ONLY a customer my first order was about 6 weeks ago. I do want to say everyones tatses are different and Annette knows this thats one of the reasons she works with you. Thank you for reading this and hearing me out. Happy vaping!!! :vapor: I guess I can't count lol I believe that is 11 sorry. But you get the point.

Last edited:

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I'm not really a newbie but yesterday I got my first VV order. Everything I've read indicates that steeping VV for about a week will help the flavours develop...I've bought juices from other vendors that mix to order and always allow for some steeping (aging) time with new juices. Makes a HUGE difference!

Check the Virgin Vapors link in the suppliers forum:
Virgin Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread