Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
as one of those people getting a bit sick of waiting for the new drone to come out I ran across a new mod that may possibly beat it:

The question is what is the build quality like?
It’s half the price of the drone, but that’s still over a Benjamin. Too much for me to buy on a whim. Has anybody bought and reviewed one of these yet? Is it any good?

Reactions: stols001

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Bump? Has no one tried this thing? I hate to be the guinea pig here. It’s just too pricey if it turns out to be crap
I have one in my FT cart waiting on a Black Friday coupon. If they have a decent coupon discount, I should be able to provide some feedback in December. Well, since it’s FT, maybe January. Or February...

I was hoping Element Vape would stock it since they tend to stock Evolv-based mods more readily than other vendors, and have carried Vapecige dna mods in the past. No indication they will be stocking this so far.

Reactions: bombastinator

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got mine in and have no regrets about the purchase. At the same time, I don’t think I’ll pick up a second one unless there’s a good coupon/sale around CNY. The fact that it is a DNA250C dual battery squonker for under $100 makes up for a lot of issues. And there are some issues.

Keep in mind that the following is based on only a day and a half of usage. Consider these to be preliminary thoughts.

The case feels like cheap plastic. It’s comfortable to hold (very comfortable, in fact) but there’s no escaping the feel of cheap plastic. It’s incredibly lightweight. The door is held on by two tabs on each side that click into slots on the body of the mod. It snaps in firmly. VERY firmly. It is a struggle to take the door off. While I don’t care for mods with loose-fitting doors, this is ridiculously tight.

I’m finding that it’s best to not click the door in all the way. It leaves a small gap but it’s not really noticeable since it’s a matte black mod. It makes the door much easier to remove, but still stays in place pretty well.

The theme it came with was, to my eye, a tragic affront to the DNA chip. It was replaced within the first 10 minutes of usage. Escribe also said there was a service pack available which I applied.

The stock bottle (only 1 is provided) is a bit too soft for my taste. It’s not a bad bottle at all, with nice knurling on the cap for easy removal. Fortunately, a lot of bottles will fit. The only issue is that the squonk nipple is offset to allow for a centered 510. This requires the feed tube to bend a bit. That can put a strain on the cap for taller bottles. I’m presently alternating between using a SJMY bottle and an Hcigar bottle, both of which are working fine.

The 510 is spring loaded and feels pretty well made. Zero button rattle. The fire button is a bit small but pretty easy to find by feel. I vape left handed, so I thumb fire and squonk with my middle or ring finger. The bottle access hole is smallish but workable.

Since the 510 is centered it will easily hold a 30mm atty with room to spare. I don’t have any 30mm RDAs so one of the pics below is with a 30mm tank (the FP) just to show the space available. A 22mm atty looks sort of lost in all that space.

The batteries are not too tough to fit into the sled. Removal is a bit more tricky. I have to remove the bottle first so that I can get a good grip on the batteries when I need to swap them. The top battery contact is spring-loaded; the bottom is fixed.

It comes with an atty. I’ll probably build it down the road just to try it, but looking at the build deck doesn’t give me much hope that it will be any good.

Some poor pics:

d1.jpg
d3.jpg
d4a.jpg
d2.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: Eskie

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Got mine in and have no regrets about the purchase. At the same time, I don’t think I’ll pick up a second one unless there’s a good coupon/sale around CNY. The fact that it is a DNA250C dual battery squonker for under $100 makes up for a lot of issues. And there are some issues.

Keep in mind that the following is based on only a day and a half of usage. Consider these to be preliminary thoughts.

The case feels like cheap plastic. It’s comfortable to hold (very comfortable, in fact) but there’s no escaping the feel of cheap plastic. It’s incredibly lightweight. The door is held on by two tabs on each side that click into slots on the body of the mod. It snaps in firmly. VERY firmly. It is a struggle to take the door off. While I don’t care for mods with loose-fitting doors, this is ridiculously tight.

I’m finding that it’s best to not click the door in all the way. It leaves a small gap but it’s not really noticeable since it’s a matte black mod. It makes the door much easier to remove, but still stays in place pretty well.

The theme it came with was, to my eye, a tragic affront to the DNA chip. It was replaced within the first 10 minutes of usage. Escribe also said there was a service pack available which I applied.

The stock bottle (only 1 is provided) is a bit too soft for my taste. It’s not a bad bottle at all, with nice knurling on the cap for easy removal. Fortunately, a lot of bottles will fit. The only issue is that the squonk nipple is offset to allow for a centered 510. This requires the feed tube to bend a bit. That can put a strain on the cap for taller bottles. I’m presently alternating between using a SJMY bottle and an Hcigar bottle, both of which are working fine.

The 510 is spring loaded and feels pretty well made. Zero button rattle. The fire button is a bit small but pretty easy to find by feel. I vape left handed, so I thumb fire and squonk with my middle or ring finger. The bottle access hole is smallish but workable.

Since the 510 is centered it will easily hold a 30mm atty with room to spare. I don’t have any 30mm RDAs so one of the pics below is with a 30mm tank (the FP) just to show the space available. A 22mm atty looks sort of lost in all that space.

The batteries are not too tough to fit into the sled. Removal is a bit more tricky. I have to remove the bottle first so that I can get a good grip on the batteries when I need to swap them. The top battery contact is spring-loaded; the bottom is fixed.

It comes with an atty. I’ll probably build it down the road just to try it, but looking at the build deck doesn’t give me much hope that it will be any good.

Some poor pics:

View attachment 785195 View attachment 785197 View attachment 785199 View attachment 785201
Sounds like a battery ribbon would be useful. Looks easy enough to fit.

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018

Some poor pics:

View attachment 785195 View attachment 785197 View attachment 785199 View attachment 785201

Seems like the same material the Hugo squeezer is made out of. Really not big issues for under a 100 bucks.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread