Any other tanks better then the Kanger Protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windz1

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2013
San Diego
I just got my Protank. . .it does have an "airy" draw, as I came from using Vision Vivi Novas. The vape is like night and ay though. It gives me that throat hit (using 100% VG), but it isn't as warm as using a Nova. I just like to have variety when I vape, from flavors, to they type of draw, harsh to light throat hit, cool or warm.

I might pick up another one, but I am very curious on the Protank 2., just to be able to clean it out better.

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I have had 2 protanks. I don't like the 510 treads because I had one strip. I like the protank mini because it uses the ego threads, or the evod. But they both don't hold much volume. Because of it's volume, I'm going to try my old Mt3's but with an adapter for the head that allow the use of the protank head. If it get rid of the leaking i'm thinking that the MT3 may be my-go-to.

pmcode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Barstow, CA
I second (or third) the AnyVape Davide (full size).

One thing I found, don't know if anyone else has noticed, is that when using it on my ego-c twist batteries, with the cone it comes with, you can "kinda" adjust the draw. If you tighten the cone all the way down, then attach the tank, there is a slight gap between the cone and tank. By adjusting the cone only, you can "tighten-up" the draw a little.

Was thinking about finding an o-ring that would go between the cone and tank, to see if that would help restrict air some.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Protank has imitations and competitors. If I had to look at something else, I would suggest and air flow controller:

Tank Airflow Controller

I thought the Protank was a very airy draw when I got it. I got used to it though. However, adding the AFC allows me to customize the draw. I now vape my Protank, more like an EVOD draw, and I really really like my Protanks again. I did just order the Davide Glassomiizer, and plan to order the Protank V2 when it comes in, but I'm really liking my AFC. Best to you.

Before you order the ProTank V2, check out the Unitank (Kanger ProTank V2.5--top filled) and Kanger V3 (Bottom Dual Coil).... ;)

You're so behind, Bill! :lol:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I just got my Protank. . .it does have an "airy" draw, as I came from using Vision Vivi Novas. The vape is like night and ay though. It gives me that throat hit (using 100% VG), but it isn't as warm as using a Nova. I just like to have variety when I vape, from flavors, to they type of draw, harsh to light throat hit, cool or warm.

I might pick up another one, but I am very curious on the Protank 2., just to be able to clean it out better.

I like the ProTank 2 better than the 1. All parts are replaceable, including the drip tip, and the draw has been tightened a bit.

I used to stick a broken off toothpick in one of the air holes in the base of PT1 before I got that Airflow Controller. :D

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I'll jump on the Anyvape wagon also, I love my Davide tanks, I vape 100% VG and right out of the box it vaped like a champ, No wick removals or fiddling and a nice easy draw on them also, I was very impressed with it and they holds about 3ml of juice, they are also going to make longer glass tubes for them, and with the straight tube there will be lots of room for 3rd parties to make cool tanks for them.

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB

LOL, You sound like me, I have tanks everywhere with different flavors in them.:p

Just got 2 more of the revamped First edition Protanks today with the leather cases.

Getting ready to order the Protank 3 BDC now and a Davide with Aspires BDC in it. lol

Edit: Oops, Never mind I already ordered the Davide BDC lol... Should be here soon!!!

Last edited:

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
the new iclear30-s has a larger venting hole on the stem compared to the original:

j8pqja.jpg

Draw is very close to the Protank but you will get a better plume of vapor/taste depending on the coil resistance vs the power you are vaping at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread