• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any PC gamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Indeed they don't. SteamID: Zappandroger Feel free to add, playing a LOT of Team Fortress 2 now that there are so many new users with it going F2Play and all. Also Left 4 Dead, Dawn of War 2 and a bunch of others...I mean with all the sales they are having, how can you NOT have a huge backlog :)

Much agreed, although L4D2 seemed so much better on console. I haven't enjoyed a FPS on PC since the PS (before it was PSone) came out.

This week some friends and I have been playing Forza2 - but GS really needs to slow down with the BOGO or B2G1 sales....I don't have enough time...stupid work thing...

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
Big PC Gamer here! I've gone ahead and added you guys to my Steam friends. My display name there is repeated several times in this clip: http://www.aquateencentral.com/sound/kidneycar/ultramegabraid.mp3

On Steam I play (in the way of multiplayer) TF2, CS:S and BF2

I haven't enjoyed a FPS on PC since the PS (before it was PSone) came out.

:2cool: Consoles could compete if they switched to keyboards and mice. And could run mods

Last edited:

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

I want a 3DS just to play Ocarina :D It's such a wonderful game (on the 64) but I would like a mod to keep the cheery attitude of the environment in the first act through the game. UMB wants to fish and slap fives and ride horses and smell flowers between dungeons

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Big PC Gamer here! I've gone ahead and added you guys to my Steam friends. My display name there is repeated several times in this clip: http://www.aquateencentral.com/sound/kidneycar/ultramegabraid.mp3

On Steam I play (in the way of multiplayer) TF2, CS:S and BF2

:2cool: Consoles could compete if they switched to keyboards and mice. And could run mods

They can. Fragbox (for xbox) allows for it under "fair play" rules and the 360 has native keyboard support. I am not sure, but I would imagine ps3 does as well...who spends alot of time playing online with it anyway.

my biggest issue with mods is glitches. I have never seen a moded game that wasn't overly glitchy when moded. Even Total Annihilation got a bit glitchy when modded. I hate the crappy arrow key/asdf/sedx keys for movement. I would likely just use a 360 controller anyway. Not to mention all of the lag/standby/packet filtering and blocking/virii (from downloading user created mods)...just too much of a headache. Remember excitebike...the last modable game that you couldn't cheat!

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
They can. Fragbox (for xbox) allows for it under "fair play" rules and the 360 has native keyboard support. I am not sure, but I would imagine ps3 does as well...who spends alot of time playing online with it anyway.

my biggest issue with mods is glitches. I have never seen a moded game that wasn't overly glitchy when moded. Even Total Annihilation got a bit glitchy when modded. I hate the crappy arrow key/asdf/sedx keys for movement. I would likely just use a 360 controller anyway. Not to mention all of the lag/standby/packet filtering and blocking/virii (from downloading user created mods)...just too much of a headache. Remember excitebike...the last modable game that you couldn't cheat!

OMG you just said Total Annihilation...I used to play the stonk out of that years ago. Then on to Supreme Commander etc but none really lived up to that legacy.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
OMG you just said Total Annihilation...I used to play the stonk out of that years ago. Then on to Supreme Commander etc but none really lived up to that legacy.

I have a friend that is hopelessly obsessed and extremely good at TA. He has built about 10 different custom unit mods. It is hard to believe that game still has such a following. I am fairly sure they used the backbone of it for the Spring engine...the graphics rendering and plotting are so similar.

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
Hey Zerominusone, what's DNF?

I recently bought BGT (Bloody Good Time) through Steam. I was a big fan of the group's Half-Life mod The Ship (they later released a retail version). It's pretty much the version of The Ship I played back 6 or 7 years ago in a (slightly) different setting but with a better fit and finish. You play an actress or actor on a set and on the most common mode of game, Hunt, (played either against bots or over the internet) you have the name of another player character that you're supposed to kill. Someone else will have your name as their hit list. Some areas have cameras and guards that can get you "busted," which takes a weapon away and some points (but you're still in the game). The minimap shows the general area of your target and you're given the person's mugshot and name in the corner of your screen. While you're hunting your 'quarry,' another player is hunting you. You get points for killing your quarry, with bonuses for using certain weapons. Each round, which weapons get which bonuses changes. During all of this you have to sleep, eat and go to the bathroom (they took out the hygiene requirement from Ship), lest you start slowing down, passing out or passing gas. While you do those necessary tasks you're extremely vulnerable, adding a great source of frustration - like when you sit down to eat a sandwich and the woman next to you pulls out a crossbow. You know who your target is, but you don't know who's hunting you. And you lose points for killing people that aren't on your hit list. It's a blast, in my opinion, but you might not agree. It has a cartoon-y aesthetic and a comical satire tone. Though I'm a big fan, this game still feels like a mod to me and one that's not quite finished. I picked it up for $5 on a Steam sale and am having a blast with it

I've also been playing Fable :) The Lost Chapters). I saw a bit of this game when it came out for the XBOX but this is my first time trying it on my PC. I'm pretty glad I tried it out, because I'm having more fun than I expected playing. The game's feel for me is somewhere between The Witcher:EE and Psychonauts

I'm one of those purportedly unlucky Steam users that pre-ordered From Dust (it wasn't for the TF2 hat, honestly!). After it's release it came out that the publisher, Ubisoft, tacked on their DRM that requires you to connect to their servers every time you wish to start the game (before the release on their forums Ubisoft posted a topic saying the DRM would have to be activated only once, now you need an internet connection to play this single-player game). Many players are also complaining that it's a very poorly-done port of the console version of the game, already aggravated that the PC release was delayed from being released with its console counterparts. The video settings are another gripe; there are no options to change them and the FPS is capped at 30 frames/sec. I checked Ubisoft's forum a couple days ago and the first couple pages of topics were all complaints; in addition to the issues I mentioned apparently the game crashes at various key moments for some players. I haven't played the game yet so I can't comment on it. I'm hoping that a patch will be released and I don't want to have to start a new save. Some people doubt a patch will come though because apparently other Ubisoft games have gone unfixed for the PC platform in the past.

Still playing TF2 - push some carts

Last edited:

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
DNF=Duke Nukem Forever

Honestly believe the Forever part was an homage to how long DN fans had been waiting for it, its been 15 or so years since the DN3D, and the game was for a long time considered to be vaporware due to legal issues.

I think I still have somewhere a copy of PC Gamer from the late 90's with Duke Nukem Forever as the cover story. It was their largest issue they ever printed up to that point. This was, I believe, shortly before Half-Life was finally released

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
I think I still have somewhere a copy of PC Gamer from the late 90's with Duke Nukem Forever as the cover story. It was their largest issue they ever printed up to that point. This was, I believe, shortly before Half-Life was finally released

Still have my original DN3D disc and somewhere in the multitude of boxes that is my closet are my original 3.5" and maybe even a 5.25" Duke Nukem floppies, from when they were side scrolling games.

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
I still have all my Duke stuff too, all the add-ons too. DNF is ok but it's kinda like Serious Sam how you go a little ways and there are ZERO enemies, then all the sudden there's a ....load of 'em. It's not quite so obvious as the SS games but you can still see the similarity. Also there's a part in there where you have to control a RC truck and push something through a hole in the wall (no it's not a glory hole, hehehe) and that was the same as in a old game, '97, called Shaddow Warrior also from 3DRealms. And then you've got Duke's signature male shovinist macho sayings (which is cool except when your girlfriend is in the room). The game is good but kinda bad because of all the similarities to other games. The thing I like most about it is they have the three-barrel machine gun (forgot the name-like raptor or something).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread