• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any San Diego Vapers Around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00st3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
goodyear az
Hah I love my zmax. The vamo is convertable so you can make it different sizes with different batteries if youre into that. I wanted an evic originally but it just seemes not like a big plastic poopy device. A lot of people like them tho. The zmax is a solid version of the vamo essentially. I switch between a silver bullet and my zmax all day every day

sent from my s3 like a derp.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I love my vamo, so much that I have two of them. One chrome and one stainless steal. vaping with watts is amazing!! I want a eVic as well, but I spent my vape budget this month on a EA mod already.

The eVic it's kinda plasticy, but it has watts mode... and if you really wanna step it up you can get the metal telescope mod from Greek vapes that the control head attaches to. That's one off my next projects.

The Vamo is amazing for the price. And with all the cool skins made for them you can make it look however you want.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

w00st3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
goodyear az
Yea my zmax is stainless. I went stainless so I would get all ocd with the fingerprints, not that its all scratched up im thinking of putting a trash atty on it and spinning it in my drill against some fine sand paper for a 'brushed' look. If you dont get anything in a few weeks ill bring my vamo down to sd so you can check it out. Its brand new and ill sell it for bottom dollar.

sent from my s3 like a derp.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Nat'l City representing!
Tons of vapers here in SD and growing every day. I don't think many are on the message boards, but I read ECF more than facebook....

I'm on efc more than Facebook as well... Facebook is kind of annoying. It's cool to look at mods and get local shop updates though from time to time.

Rush808

Feb 16, 2013
Socal
And I was Just gonna announce my Official "Ur Thread been Jacked" statement... into a Vamo vs. ZMAX vs. eVic thread, LOLZ.

Nat'l City representing!
Tons of vapers here in SD and growing every day. I don't think many are on the message boards, but I read ECF more than facebook....

Wassup! Werd, after a month of vape'n (vice smoking) already coverted 2 co-wrokers :vapor: .

If you dont get anything in a few weeks ill bring my vamo down to sd so you can check it out. Its brand new and ill sell it for bottom dollar.

Bottom dollar sound great. But i am going North for Spring break though. But Still Let Me Know.

w00st3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
goodyear az
During the few months I've been vaping at work, we now have 15 more vapers. I believe all smokers are potential vapers once they are exposed to the scene. And now our office always smells like fruits and vanilla.

thats cool, i have a guy at work that hacks and coughs all day long, im trying to get him to check it out. i got my dad an ego and hes 'getting used to it' hes smoked for 50 years. i think hes workable though

w00st3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
goodyear az
During the few months I've been vaping at work, we now have 15 more vapers. I believe all smokers are potential vapers once they are exposed to the scene. And now our office always smells like fruits and vanilla.

thats cool, i have a guy at work that hacks and coughs all day long, im trying to get him to check it out. i got my dad an ego and hes 'getting used to it' hes smoked for 50 years. i think hes workable though

SRusackas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
San Diego, CA
I think vaping in the SoCal area is going to take off even more over the next year.
Many people have tried Blu and other not-very-good vaping devices, simply because they could find them in a store easily.
Shops like Vapure, Vaperoo and Liberty Flights here in SD area are making better gear and e-liquid available to people that they can go see in person, ask a salesperson about, and purchase with some confidence. First vaping purchases over the internet are kind of sketchy feeling when you dont know much about the scene.
Also there is a lot of movement in the medical industry to push smokers farther and farther away from hospitals (a good thing I feel) and some medical centers are also planning on not hiring smokers in the first place, I'm hearing.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I think vaping in the SoCal area is going to take off even more over the next year.
Many people have tried Blu and other not-very-good vaping devices, simply because they could find them in a store easily.
Shops like Vapure, Vaperoo and Liberty Flights here in SD area are making better gear and e-liquid available to people that they can go see in person, ask a salesperson about, and purchase with some confidence. First vaping purchases over the internet are kind of sketchy feeling when you dont know much about the scene.
Also there is a lot of movement in the medical industry to push smokers farther and farther away from hospitals (a good thing I feel) and some medical centers are also planning on not hiring smokers in the first place, I'm hearing.

For sure, vaping is taking off. A few years ago I'd only see a couple people with e-cigs around town. Now I see them all the time, and more shops are popping up and even cigar abs tobacco shops are starting to carry e-cig supplies. Plus you can use then in the bars and clubs, so even people that still smoke cigs use them every now and then for the club... which in the long run will hopefully get them to switch fully.

2013 might be the year for vaping in SD. Next year could even be bigger. So far I've got my girl, my best friend, and his girl on ecigs.

Spread the word in SD! Analogs suck!! Lol

beanpusher

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
South San Diego, CA United States
^ well they seem close enough in price nowadays...
eVic: $75 (+$5 - Shipped)

Vamo: $40 (+$7 - Shipped) (+ $25 to $50 - Battery & Charger)

Is the Zmax really that much better? damn it stop making it harder to decide.

The evic is garbage imo check all the youtube reviews. My cousin has one. My $40 mechanical blows him away. If ur into getting huge vapor then rebuildables and mechanicals are the way to go. Ever notice All high dollar mods are mechanicals? Im a low budget vaper for $50 bucks i be killing it.

SRusackas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
San Diego, CA
One man's garbage is another man's treasure.
I don't say anything is garbage, except for some atty tanks that by (poor) design don't vape well, or e-liquids from china with shady chemicals in them.
I have been using the eVic for a couple months now, and so far I have had zero problems. I really like it. A lot. Sure, 6V would be cool. 15w would be cool too. It's almost impossible to read the screen in direct sunlight. But hey, that hasn't affected my vaping at all. Fixes to that would just broaden the appeal.
I see a guy vaping on a blu, and I won't say to him it's garbage if he likes it and is happy with it. I just won't buy it myself.

beanpusher

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
South San Diego, CA United States
One man's garbage is another man's treasure.
I don't say anything is garbage, except for some atty tanks that by (poor) design don't vape well, or e-liquids from china with shady chemicals in them.
I have been using the eVic for a couple months now, and so far I have had zero problems. I really like it. A lot. Sure, 6V would be cool. 15w would be cool too. It's almost impossible to read the screen in direct sunlight. But hey, that hasn't affected my vaping at all. Fixes to that would just broaden the appeal.
I see a guy vaping on a blu, and I won't say to him it's garbage if he likes it and is happy with it. I just won't buy it myself.

you are right, bro. i guess my own personal vape style got the best of me. my apologies.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
The eVic seems cool if you get it online for a good price and do the new firm ware update. I don't own one, but have been wanting one especially since I saw the greek vapes telescope body mod you can get for it. I own a few mechanical mods as well, but I hate being at the mercy of a dying and draining battery so I use "the kick" with them.

Here's a few pictures of the mod you can get that the control head of the evic attaches to. The tank on top doesn't come with it off course... that's a fluid flask.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363568262070.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363568262070.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363568382180.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363568382180.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363568398476.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363568398476.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363568408522.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363568408522.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363568428394.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363568428394.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 19

SRusackas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
San Diego, CA
That fluid flask on the eVic looks great!
It seems to me that a good kick is the ticket to a good mech mod vaping experience. While I like the versatility of mech mods, I think my next purchase will be a vamo, sigelli zmax, or a provari. If anything just to see on a daily basis why the provari fans are so evangelical. I'd hate to think its just because they plunked down a ton of money on one.

SRusackas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
San Diego, CA
you are right, bro. i guess my own personal vape style got the best of me. my apologies.

Don't worry bro! Vaping is very personal, and the impending politics make it defensible. What I love about vaping is that for the thousand different tastes and opinions, there's a thousand different options on how and what you vape. No two vapers are alike. At a vape meet, EVERYONES kit is different and each thinks its the best. That is what I adore about the vaping community.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
That fluid flask on the eVic looks great!
It seems to me that a good kick is the ticket to a good mech mod vaping experience. While I like the versatility of mech mods, I think my next purchase will be a vamo, sigelli zmax, or a provari. If anything just to see on a daily basis why the provari fans are so evangelical. I'd hate to think its just because they plunked down a ton of money on one.

Yea man, I want a fluid flask really bad. They look so cool. I just got a kick this past week, and I feel in love with my mechanical mods all over again. China is supposed to be coming out with a clone to the kick that will be less than half the price of the current one... at that point if it's any good we can get one for each mod we have instead of switching it out all the time.

45 bucks is the cheapest I've seen for the kick so far.

There's a new device called the "crown" that might blow the kick away depending on how many mods it will fit in. With the crown you can change voltage and wattage by pushing the firing button at different intervals. Only time will tell... good time to be vaping though, always new stuff coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread