Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I sort of remember someone a while back saying they found a source for the flanged needles like fat daddy uses,but i can't seem to find that info now.I want to stock on up on some of these,but the only place i can find them is fat daddy,and you only get a couple,plus a bunch of tubing that i never use haha.
If anyone has info on where else to get these,it would definitely be appreciated.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I sort of remember someone a while back saying they found a source for the flanged needles like fat daddy uses,but i can't seem to find that info now.I want to stock on up on some of these,but the only place i can find them is fat daddy,and you only get a couple,plus a bunch of tubing that i never use haha.
If anyone has info on where else to get these,it would definitely be appreciated.

Not Exactly sure what a Flanged Needle looks like?

Do you have a Picture of what you are Looking For?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Gotcha. I'm not sure what you would call something like that? Flanged Tubing maybe?

Have you contacted FDV and asked it you could just buy them Ala Carte?
That's the same problem i've found,i have no clue what to call them haha,but everything i've tried finds nothing.I even searched around to see if i could find a flaring tool small enough to do it myself,but haven't found any that small on those.
I haven't contacted him yet,but that may be my only solution.Worst case is i end buying 3 or 4 of those kits he sells,but the tubing is way to small,so it's just a waste,so hopefully he will sell some of the needles on their own.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's the same problem i've found,i have no clue what to call them haha,but everything i've tried finds nothing.I even searched around to see if i could find a flaring tool small enough to do it myself,but haven't found any that small on those.
I haven't contacted him yet,but that may be my only solution.Worst case is i end buying 3 or 4 of those kits he sells,but the tubing is way to small,so it's just a waste,so hopefully he will sell some of the needles on their own.

Yeah. I have found that you can Find just about Anything on the Internet... as long as you know what to Call it.

And sometimes a mod-er will taking something like 3D-Printer Feed Tube and repurpose it for a Mod. So for something like that Flanged Tube you are looking for, there may be every Shape, Size, Length under the sun Available. As long as you know the Words it is being sold as.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Yeah. I have found that you can Find just about Anything on the Internet... as long as you know what to Call it.

And sometimes a Mod-er will taking something like 3D-Printer Feed Tube and repurpose it for a Mod. So for something like that Flanged Tube you are looking for, there may be every Shape, Size, Length under the sun Available. As long as you know the Words it is being sold as.
Exactly.Fat daddy calls them flanged needles,but who knows what they could be called other places.I've seen people on here mention using 14 gauge blunt needles,but looking at pics,i cant tell how they make them stay in there haha,and these flanged ones seem pretty decent for the most part,but i have had 2 that the flange broke off of from pulling down on the tube to get the bottle out,so hopefully i can find them in bulk somewhere once i figure out another name for them haha.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Exactly.Fat daddy calls them flanged needles,but who knows what they could be called other places.I've seen people on here mention using 14 gauge blunt needles,but looking at pics,i cant tell how they make them stay in there haha,and these flanged ones seem pretty decent for the most part,but i have had 2 that the flange broke off of from pulling down on the tube to get the bottle out,so hopefully i can find them in bulk somewhere once i figure out another name for them haha.

I hear you.

When I went to Convert some of my RDA's to Bottom Feeders, I did some search for "Hollow Screws" to use as a Feed Pin. I happened on these...

Kurt J. Lesker Company | Vented Stainless Steel Socket Head Bolts (Metric) | Vacuum Science Is Our Business

And as Soon as I searched for "Vented Screws", I got a lot more Hits.

It seems that 3/4 of the Battle is just knowing what words to use when doing a Search for Something. Because FDV gets those Flanged Needles from somebody. Just need to know what that somebody calls them.

LOL

Reactions: b.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread