Any Sunfire users? I sure am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA Bill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2011
Georgia
I'm having issues myself, but a little different. All the new coils are just dry burning when I inhale. I might get one or two good hits, then dry burn constantly. If I open the cap and tighten back up, it might work for another hit or two, then dry burn again. I put my old ones in and they work fine, of course they are very used so they don't perform well - which is why I want new that work.

Support hasn't been too helpful with any ideas. After any days waiting, said I could send them back and they would attempt to replace. Not really worth it to me to send back a $6 item. I think I'm just going to try something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

njay23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
West Deptford, NJ
I'm having issues myself, but a little different. All the new coils are just dry burning when I inhale. I might get one or two good hits, then dry burn constantly. If I open the cap and tighten back up, it might work for another hit or two, then dry burn again. I put my old ones in and they work fine, of course they are very used so they don't perform well - which is why I want new that work.

Support hasn't been too helpful with any ideas. After any days waiting, said I could send them back and they would attempt to replace. Not really worth it to me to send back a $6 item. I think I'm just going to try something else.

You can pull the silicone sleeve up slightly and the bottom cup where the wicks are down slightly. That should open up the flow of juice. I say slightly because if you open it up too much it may start leaking down the center post. This worked for me. I also found the lower res coils seemed to have this problem much more than the regular resistance. i think they come with 2,2 or 2.4 originally

GA Bill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2011
Georgia
I decided to try and just completely remove the bottom rubber piece, leaving the top alone...works perfectly now! At least on the one I used today! No leaks, no mess, no dry hits. I'm going to just continue this way and if I have any issues, I'll pass along. Thanks for the tip on adjusting the rubber piece, even though I did it slightly different...I wouldn't have tried this. Much appreciated!

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
How long do you get out of your sunfire heads?

I've been getting great life out of mine. Maybe I've been lucky. I did pretty much kill the first two I used, but since I have been making sure to rinse them out with hot tap water after every 4 or 5 tanks and then letting them dry overnight. They just seem to keep going and going. I do tend to vape lighter juices, and don't use 100%VG (at most 50%), so maybe that has something to do with the life I'm getting out of mine. Still, this head I'm using now has been going strong for about a week without a cleaning, still delivering tons of vapor. YMMV, but if you take care of the heads, I'm guessing you could get a couple weeks out of one.

joeboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
upstate new york
Ive been using the sunfires for about 3 weeks now... what I have found that works.. if you install a new head and you get some dry hits at first or dosent seem to wick, try covering one of the holes at the bottom with your finger,and it seems to feed properly until it gets broken in. You can also push the silicon cover all the way down and then kind of scrunch up the bottom , you have to remove the whole head assembly to do that but that seems to help too if covering one of the air holes on bottom sides dosen't do it. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread