Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I got to test one of these bad boyz out. Joe hooked me up with one at Vapestock. Now I was very skeptical of these CE2 looking things since I have been let down in the past. I just use Genesis style attys now because I love the flavor and vapor of them. To my surprise these King coils deliver awesome flavor and vapor. I just pick up 3 more of them. Finally a CE2 thing that works perfect right out the box!!!!!!!!

eGo | Cartomizers | iVAPE

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I just received some King coils so I'll give my initial impressions. Metered out at 3.2Ω so I filled it up and set a Provari to 4.4v. Very good vapor and flavor! I've bumped up the voltage, 1/10th volt at a time, up to 5 volts with no issues. I like it a lot. Far superior to the standard Stardusts which have never worked for me. My only concern is how many refills this will go before the coil gets too gunked up. My experience with CE2 style devices is that cleaning them in water or PGA works ok but doesn't get rid of the gunk on the coil. With set ups that allow you to expose the coil to both clean and dry burn it, the coil is cleaned as good as new and I have never had one die on me. If this thing continues to perform this well and lasts for more than a week, it's a total win. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to unscrew the tank from the base which would make cleaning and dry burning (I know, you don't suggest I do this but how else do you get rid of the crud on the coils) much easier.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
I just received some King Coils so I'll give my initial impressions. Metered out at 3.2Ω so I filled it up and set a Provari to 4.4v. Very good vapor and flavor! I've bumped up the voltage, 1/10th volt at a time, up to 5 volts with no issues. I like it a lot. Far superior to the standard Stardusts which have never worked for me. My only concern is how many refills this will go before the coil gets too gunked up. My experience with CE2 style devices is that cleaning them in water or PGA works ok but doesn't get rid of the gunk on the coil. With set ups that allow you to expose the coil to both clean and dry burn it, the coil is cleaned as good as new and I have never had one die on me. If this thing continues to perform this well and lasts for more than a week, it's a total win. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to unscrew the tank from the base which would make cleaning and dry burning (I know, you don't suggest I do this but how else do you get rid of the crud on the coils) much easier.

Carbon buildup should occur less frequently due to the new coils and wicking material, the only way you're going to see a lot of initial buildup is from really dark liquid, liquid with large amounts of flavorings, or dry burning itself.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
I'm surprised that no one else has posted their results. The King Coil is as close to a perfect juice delivery system as I've ever tried. One thing I'd like to see is a lower resistance model. Say around 2.2-2.6Ω would be great.
Thanks again for producing these!

we have the ability to make an LR, but for some reason, the 2 ohms, will not fire on new joytech standard or passthru batts - but work on mods and twist batts just fine... so until we get it perfect, we cant release them.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
I ordered one to try, im getting almost no vapor out of mine. I can hear it firing but nothing is coming out. Its wicking a little to well, very slow leak down the center tube, so i know juice is getting to the coil.

Anything i should try?

what device are you using it on? they are 3 ohms, so if its a standard battery, you'll need to warm up the coil and do long slow puffs until it's nice and ready.

it shouldn't be leaking down the center, please contact us before 7 days if it needs to be rebuilt.

Chillyb7

Feb 4, 2012
Parts Unknown
I have been having a lot with burnt tasting hits with the Stardust tanks. I really want to use these because I have not had problems with leaking and refilling is easy. I use a standard Ego C battery so I am wondering if this version at 3.0 ohms will work with on my batterys. What I use now is in the mid 2.5 ohm range I believe? I am hoping this redesign will take care of the constant burnt taste I am getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread