Any tips for a stuck ejuice top

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenHeart

Mar 14, 2021
I have had that happen and had to use pliers. Doesn't matter about switching bottles since you don't want to keep dealing with that cap but be careful not to drop it as cap comes off. I spilled a lot on one of mine.
Thanks for the reply! Was wondering if I should contact Element to see if they’ll replace it but time is running out.

Reactions: Resistance

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
New bottle of liquid that I cannot get the top off of. I’ve had some before that were hard to remove for the first time but this one is impossible. The cap turns but doesn’t seem to engage when I push down. Any advice would be appreciated. Only thing I can think of is to (probably) destroy the top with pliers and pour it into a a new 7
How to Make Evil Childproof Caps Easy to Open

The web link shows several different hacks for child resistant caps if you want to lock them down.

For getting the cap off the first time, I use either channel-lock or regular slip joint pliers to grip and turn the cap to open it for the first time. You want to squish the outer ring on the cap, but not crush the bottle top.

After it is off, you can do one of the hacks, switch to a known good cap, or switch to a known good bottle. I've had a few favorite flavors come with a wonky bottle cap, so if you already have an empty in the same flavor, you don't have to worry about cross contamination with the old/new juice flavor. If you don't mind using the pliers, you can also just keep using them until the bottle is empty.

BrokenHeart

Mar 14, 2021
How to Make Evil Childproof Caps Easy to Open

The web link shows several different hacks for child resistant caps if you want to lock them down.

For getting the cap off the first time, I use either channel-lock or regular slip joint pliers to grip and turn the cap to open it for the first time. You want to squish the outer ring on the cap, but not crush the bottle top.

After it is off, you can do one of the hacks, switch to a known good cap, or switch to a known good bottle. I've had a few favorite flavors come with a wonky bottle cap, so if you already have an empty in the same flavor, you don't have to worry about cross contamination with the old/new juice flavor. If you don't mind using the pliers, you can also just keep using them until the bottle is empty.
Thank you so much, I’ll give that a read.was wondering if I was just a weakling.it also doesn’t help that they make the top pointy.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
New bottle of liquid that I cannot get the top off of. I’ve had some before that were hard to remove for the first time but this one is impossible. The cap turns but doesn’t seem to engage when I push down. Any advice would be appreciated. Only thing I can think of is to (probably) destroy the top with pliers and pour it into a a new 7
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your problem could stem from many different causes.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will replace or advise (any authorized distributor may help).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
If all else fails, could take to your local auto mechanic. You will be suprised by the knowledge these folks have.

BrokenHeart

Mar 14, 2021
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your problem could stem from many different causes.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will replace or advise (any authorized distributor may help).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
If all else fails, could take to your local auto mechanic. You will be suprised by the knowledge these folks have.

BrokenHeart

Mar 14, 2021
Thank you. Been meaning to join for a while. I’ve visited the site quite a few times but didn’t think I’d have much to contribute. I am a serious vaper - as in I’m seriously addicted to nicotine! Not as in I’ve even built my first coil yet. got some supplies though and I’ll be giving it a go before my supply of already made and wicked coils dwindles. (Guess there’s a name for those?)
Am a little worried that when I finally start all the tutorial videos might get pulled from YouTube.
Might be interesting to go to B&M store. Last time I was in one the young guy working there didn’t know what the PMTA was.
Thanks for the welcome and for the advice.
I feel so bad for the stores that are going to close, people that will lose jobs, people that can’t afford to stock up, and new vapers that might give up because prices soar and selection becomes more limited - thus the name I chose .
For anyone that needs encouragement, I kicked a 40 yr 2.5 pack a day habit 9.5 yrs ago.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Thank you. Been meaning to join for a while. I’ve visited the site quite a few times but didn’t think I’d have much to contribute. I am a serious vaper - as in I’m seriously addicted to nicotine! Not as in I’ve even built my first coil yet. got some supplies though and I’ll be giving it a go before my supply of already made and wicked coils dwindles. (Guess there’s a name for those?)

Drop-in coils. As far as rebuildables go, I encourage you to try them out. Coiling is usually pretty straightforward - it's wicking that has a bit of a learning curve. ECF's rebuildables forum is a great resource if you ever get stuck or need some tips or advice.

Am a little worried that when I finally start all the tutorial videos might get pulled from YouTube.

That would be depressing. It should still be possible to find some videos, though. Vaping legislation is specific to certain jurisdictions, so some might be hosted in a country that's more amenable to vaping.

Might be interesting to go to B&M store. Last time I was in one the young guy working there didn’t know what the PMTA was.

Interesting is a good word to describe what you find in B&Ms. I've been to one or two that were excellent, but I doubt there's anyone here who hasn't found plenty of shops staffed solely by the clueless.

For anyone that needs encouragement, I kicked a 40 yr 2.5 pack a day habit 9.5 yrs ago.

Brilliant - I quit a similar habit around the same time. We're happy to have you on board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread