• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any vapor meets in Southern California??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Hope you all have a great time, and be sure to post pix and stuff. I wish I could make it, but I'm down in La Mesa and without a car it's impossible

I live in Kearny Mesa/Serra Mesa. Maybe I could help out...

DC2 said:
It's looking fairly promising so far.

I was talking to the GM of the restaurant/gardens and he sort of knew about electronic cigarettes already.
But he thought that nothing was exhaled so I had to let him know that there would in fact be clouds of vapor exhaled.

I warned him that customers might complain, and was surprised when he continued talking to me.
He said if I could educate him and his staff so they would be prepared to handle any complaints, it might work.

So I'm working on the best way to "educate" him and his staff at the moment.
I started a thread over in the CASAA subforum to solicit some input.

EDIT: (video was not as applicable for this situation....)

What about the V4L business cards? on the back they have a statement about e-cigs. i hand them to people when i dont have the time to explain it. (i try to write ECF on the card too, and tell them to google it. *if i have a pen)

Last edited:

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well if I sent out a mass email on Vapor Talk I'm sure this small group would pass 20 with no problem. Perhaps this will be a nice test run, next time we can get somewhere a little more concrete with prior permission to vape.

I would suggest giving Scarcella's a quick call to find out if they have any issues with vaping. Last thing you'd want is everyone to show up only to have to play by ear on the next location :)

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Well if I sent out a mass email on Vapor Talk I'm sure this small group would pass 20 with no problem. Perhaps this will be a nice test run, next time we can get somewhere a little more concrete with prior permission to Vape.

I would suggest giving Scarcella's a quick call to find out if they have any issues with vaping. Last thing you'd want is everyone to show up only to have to play by ear on the next location :)
Agreed ... what the purpose of having a vapers meet; where you guy cant vape... It doesnt matter to me where the meet is just as long we're ok to vape...

lookin2quit

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
La Mesa, California, United States
I live in Kearny Mesa/Serra Mesa. Maybe I could help out...

Thanks for the offer. I hate to be paranoid, though, but I'm female and wouldn't be very comfortable riding with a male I didn't know. I'm sure you're a great guy and all, just that I was raised in NY and it's sort of bred in us to be wary :)

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Thanks for the offer. I hate to be paranoid, though, but I'm female and wouldn't be very comfortable riding with a male I didn't know. I'm sure you're a great guy and all, just that I was raised in NY and it's sort of bred in us to be wary :)

suit yourself!

how you likin this weather? and here I was, bemoaning about how summer's already over... :facepalm:

Nikolai1125

Sep 14, 2010
Lancaster, CA
I was out at a local winery today, and had my eGo with me....They were very vape friendly, and asked a lot of questions about it (the lady pouring my wine even tried mine a few times and she really liked it). If anyone is interested in doing something a little bit north of LA, I'm sure they would be willing to have us there. Wine tasting, vaping and I'm sure we could do food as well...and I don't imagine it would be very pricey at all....

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So I guess I will contact Stone Brewery again on Monday, and this is what I had in mind...

Send him this for something brief and summarized: CASAA tri-fold brochure
Send him this link for something a bit more indepth: The River Journal - An Accidental Way to Quit Smoking

Then I'll let him know that I have a lot more information but did not want to overwhelm.
And that if he has any specific questions I can answer them or get more detailed information on any topic.

And maybe offer to provide him with one of these signs...

NoSmokingSign.jpg

lookin2quit

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
La Mesa, California, United States
suit yourself!

how you likin this weather? and here I was, bemoaning about how summer's already over... :facepalm:

Weather is driving me crazy! I can't quite get my head around the fact that we're having 90+ at the end of September. I guess we're making up for not having a real Summer this year.

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
God yea it was nasty today. I hear it's going to be even worse Sunday and Monday. (Projected 108F for Monday I believe)

OMG! Are you near my area?

Weather is driving me crazy! I can't quite get my head around the fact that we're having 90+ at the end of September. I guess we're making up for not having a real Summer this year.

Yea, we had a pretty mild summer this year.

100thMonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Los Angeles

I'm with you L2Q, was almost getting my sweaters out. We kind of had Spring for Summer and now Summer for Fall!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
SignonSanDiego.com said it was 108 degrees at 11am at the Oceanside airport this morning.
While I find that almost impossible to believe, yeah, it was damn hot out today.

Seriously though, 108 degrees in Oceanside has to be an all-time record.
Has it ever gotten anywhere near 108 degrees within 15 miles of the ocean around here?

And this isn't even a Santa Ana?
WTF?!?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread