• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anybody else get migrains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry-amy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
miami
i am allergic to aspirin products, and painkillers in general do nothing but crack me out... i get super creative but still have pain.

mostly mine come when the barometric pressure changes right before a rain storm. which sucks living in south florida, especially during hurricane season. i used to get them when i was in new england AFTER a rain storm which made no sense either. ruled out brain tumors and everything else, but they are completely knock my on my .... migraines.

i take maxalt disolvable tabs when they hit and that helps but now have no insurance and cant afford 250 for 6 tabs. and the insurance i had was only allowing me 6 tabs a month because it interferred with other meds i was on. 6 was NOT enough to get me through summer rainy season... just sayin.

now, i also get auras when i get too much sleep too.

not sure if anyone knows any non aspirin products that help and maybe can shed some insight.

snarkypaws

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2010
USA
Amy, sometimes being cracked out can be a good thing:2cool:. Don't know of any otc meds without aspirin that are very effective. I'm not sure how expensive it is w/o insurance but prescription Fioricet w/codeine helps sometimes and has acetaminophen instead of aspirin.

Btw, if anyone takes Darvocet or Darvon I read that they pulled it off the market at the end of November as it isn't safe and, in fact, has caused quite a few fatalities. Bummer...

If anyone else here needs help regarding inability to afford prescription meds, I just learned of this organization that can reportedly help: http://www.pparx.org/

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
For some reason Gatorade helps some people-

For me its just pain killers and sleep- Which I never get enough of-

For one of my kids its puking- He will scream with a miagraine and then once he pukes he is better- For another its a cold cloth and pain meds- and for the other its just sleep- and pain meds of course-

I havent taken any of my kids to the Dr for them- I tried when they started getting them at 2-3 years old- BUT the Dr's just said they couldnt do anything without seeing them HAVE the pain- well by the time I would get them to the ER, or get an appt with a Dr the headache would be gone-

I used to take Blood pressure meds for mine- I have a few triggers, one is perfumes- and one is getting mad- My BP runs 50/98 if it gets over 100 I have a miagraine. LOL

Being a SAHM who has my kids 24/7 and has a husband who works 6 days a week 17 hours a day I dont have much choice but to deal- I try not to drive when I get one- and wear sunglasses at night to drive to keep the lights out of my eyes- that does help.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Gatorade?? Wow. That's a new one for me. I'll have to try that next time. My biggest ally is to Recognize and avoid my triggers. Sometimes that's just not possible (I can't control the weather) but I do know that the sooner one catches it, the better. I usually start with a pain killer, a cold glass of caffiene, and an ice pack. Darkening the room and turning down the thermastat helps. If it gets really bad, surprisingly, throwing up often helps me too. I don't know why, but sometimes that's when it starts to ease up. Sleep. Sleep is always a good last resort. (as a single mom, I try too avoid too many pain killers or sleeping, but sometimes it's the only choice)

Hugs to anyone suffering today.

Sent from my pod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread