Anybody else have a problem getting rid of the taste of "Pluto"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Hi,

We bought a couple bottles of Space Jam's "Pluto" e-liquid a few weeks ago. I made the mistake of putting it in a couple different tanks that I use since I ran out of the regular e-liquids that I use in the different tanks that I use most of the time (Nautilus, iJust, AeroTank, iClears etc)

Now I've cleaned out all the pluto, I've even let a couple of the tanks sit in a Vodka bath for several days, this included taking apart the tanks as far as I could, and submerging all parts (glass, caps, tubes, drip tips etc) into the vodka bath. I then also put them all into a Denture cleanser bath for another 48 to 72 hours or so and then rinsed everything thoroughly and gave them the nose test. All I could smell after that was the smell of stainless steel (the normal smell of a metal tank).

But after letting the tanks sit with new liquid in them for a couple days at a time the first 5 or so hits that I take all have the taste of Pluto in them. It eventually goes away and I get the right taste of whatever liquid I have filled in the tank but if I let it sit for a few days again and try it, it will again have the taste of pluto e-liquid.

I can't for the life of me figure out what part could still be holding the taste of the pluto liquid, nor why it would only be the pluto liquid that is doing this. Of all the liquids that have been in my tanks, it's only Space Jam's Pluto e-liquid that sort of remains after thoroughly cleaning out the tanks. Heck, even my Hot Cinnamon flavored liquid disappears after giving it a soak in Vodka or denture cleanser for a couple days.

Anybody else have this problem and have found a product that will 100% eliminate any left over flavor of the Space Jam's Pluto e-liquid?

Thanks,

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Did you clean your tips? Change the coil? I haven't had Pluto but, at least with the BVC the new taste overtakes the old after a little while.

Yes, the drip tips went into the vodka and then later the denture cleanser baths. Yes, the coils all got changed out from the tanks that had Pluto in them since I found the taste extremely floral and that's extremely offensive to my taste buds.

LOL, you do know who that brand is marketed at right??
No, I have no clue who it's marketed at. I've tried 3 or 4 of their flavors and they all tasted wonderful at the store but when I got my 18mg nic bottle home and put it into fresh clean tanks with new coils they all tasted floral like so now I won't buy anymore of their stuff but would really like to get rid of the taste from lingering in my existing tanks, can't really afford to go and replace tanks because of this.

Last edited:

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Yeah that's why I'm so stumped on this. I've only ever had the hot cinnamon flavor revisit me but even that one after about 10 hits was vacant of cinnamon taste and it didn't return after letting the tank sit for days on end with a different liquid in it.

The other thing I noticed about the Pluto e-liquid is that after taking a hit, I can continue to taste the liquid in my mouth for about 2 to 5 minutes after taking just one hit. None of the other e-liquids that I use from other manufacturers linger on like that for me.

Very strange. I would think that if I were to only rinse the tank and parts in hot water then maybe some liquid might be "stuck" in some crevice, but after soaking it for days on end it should be able to get rid of it. Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread