The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anybody Else's JB taste like the JBweld inside?

Discussion in 'Juice Box Fans' started by juicefreak, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. juicefreak

juicefreak Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Oklahoma
    dave this is not burnt atty flavor, it's chemical overload. totally different animal. you can take a whiff of the inside of the box and get blown over from the smell.

my friend received it today, and has taken it completely apart. he has pictures of inside the atty, etc which i'll post when i get them. he said the epoxy has electrical tape under it and that's what smells as far as he can tell. he said it permeates the entire atty and is not vapeable. he asked me if i inhaled it and i told him hell no lol.

he wouldn't recommend inhaling the JB in that condition, so anyone that has a nasty chem taste, you might want to send it back to carlos.

i'll post more after i talk to my friend tonight and when i get the pictures.

2. Kuya Dave

Kuya Dave Moved On

Jan 5, 2010
    Tru Nor Cal
    hmm interesting I never had those issues like many claim Nor has few others.
    Possible can't say its not but highly doubt its the compound As long as it dried.
    my opinion. & thanks for not replying like some do.
    & if its not able to vape then I would say check in on sending it back.

Atleast he got rid of his help. Which I believe where inconsistencies came from.
    My opinion tho.

3. juicefreak

juicefreak Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Oklahoma
    anyone else that has a nasty chemical smell/taste that doesn't go away = do NOT vape it. Send it back to carlos for a replacement.

the smell is coming from the bottom of the atomizer where the ceramic cup/disc portion was cut too small for the diameter of the brass tube. to make up for the poor fit, electrical tape was used and it is heating up to create the gawd awful taste.

my friend said cooked electrical tape has PVC and other materials that is highly carcinogen.

he's taken the atomizer completely apart. i should get pictures this week some time. he said the concept isn't bad, but not something you can make professionally at home. nothing will ever be precise. thus the duds and problems.

just an FYI. don't take a chance. I wouldn't. I never did inhale it, but blew it out my nose, etc.

the chemical smell is kinda like lighter fluid smells when put on charcoal until it burns off. no mistaking it's a chemical smell/taste.

hope this helps those that are told to jump through hoops to 'break in' their atty. that's BS, and you need to send it back.

only factory clean room atties for me from now on. too many good battery mods out there and i get clean room factory atties for $5.50 a piece at heaven-gifts.com with $3. china air mail shipping when i'm not in a hurry.

not worth the risk or hassle for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.