• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anybody Interested In Meetups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobnoxious

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2010
MI
@mistinthewoods... oh I know. I've already saved more money than I spent. So I regret nothing. lol

Not to be an advertisement, but, Shelly Kelly's Irish Pub in Fraser is having their grand opening tonight and tomorrow night. I don't know if they will have the new sign up yet, so it may still be called Erin's Pub. 14 mile, just east of Groesbeck. I should have grabbed the flyer when I was there last but, free hor d'ourves, a band tonight, and video DJ tomorrow night. It's a small pub, I can't really grasp the idea of a band being in there.

If you've ever been in there, it's an old place. But Shelly and John have been working hard and spending money to fix it up nice and doing an awesome job. And it will definitely be vape-friendly when the ban hammer comes down. (I'm sure most bars will be, by May)

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
@mistinthewoods... oh I know. I've already saved more money than I spent. So I regret nothing. lol

Not to be an advertisement, but, Shelly Kelly's Irish Pub in Fraser is having their grand opening tonight and tomorrow night. I don't know if they will have the new sign up yet, so it may still be called Erin's Pub. 14 mile, just east of Groesbeck. I should have grabbed the flyer when I was there last but, free hor d'ourves, a band tonight, and video DJ tomorrow night. It's a small pub, I can't really grasp the idea of a band being in there.

If you've ever been in there, it's an old place. But Shelly and John have been working hard and spending money to fix it up nice and doing an awesome job. And it will definitely be vape-friendly when the ban hammer comes down. (I'm sure most bars will be, by May)
God I hope you're right. Not sure about FDA repression tho.
Frasier is a pretty long truck for me (couple hours I think). I'd have to plan for that one. Thanks for the info though.

Bobnoxious

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2010
MI
God I hope you're right. Not sure about FDA repression tho.
Frasier is a pretty long truck for me (couple hours I think). I'd have to plan for that one. Thanks for the info though.

I was really just directing my first statement at you. lol

The rest was for the locals to Macomb. I guess I should have made 2 posts. Yea, 2 hours is a bit far to drive, I'm not that interesting. lol

As of right now, I know 12 people that own an e-cig of some type. Two of them are bar owners (2 different bars). I claim no responsibility for that, they purchased them on their own, even before I got mine. A couple of them are bartenders. A couple of waitresses as well. It would be a little silly for me to think that out of the 2 bars that I would classify myself as a 'regular', 11 other people have coincidentally bought one.

I think it's more like, since they see us vaping away at the bar, they feel like talking to us about their first purchase. And what they bought is usually a piece of crap. So I'm getting to hear some of those stories. lol

We're supposed to do a little bar hopping Saturday, not for vaping reasons, just to go mess around. Maybe I'll find more peeps.

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Alpha, I've been out to Dark Horse Brewery in Marshall. Wonder if they would be vapor friendly? I'm kind of a beer enthusiast. My daughter & son-in-law are currently brewing for Frog Island in Ypsi and hopeing to open their own brew pub. They have been looking into a Chelsea location.

I might be able to work on that. My cousin in law is married to a guy who has some sort of interest in Dark Horse. I don't know if he is related to an owner, part owner or what exactly the deal is. I only see these people at Christmas so that tells ya were not close.

Anyways, the cousin in law saw me vaping at Christmas and I gave her info-I'll see what I can find out and get back with you all.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I might be able to work on that. My cousin in law is married to a guy who has some sort of interest in Dark Horse. I don't know if he is related to an owner, part owner or what exactly the deal is. I only see these people at Christmas so that tells ya were not close.

Anyways, the cousin in law saw me vaping at Christmas and I gave her info-I'll see what I can find out and get back with you all.

That would be cool. I don't know if you've ever been there but the room is really tiny. It's best to go there when the weather is good and then we would probably be outside on the patio anyway

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
If anyone is going to the Detroit St Patrick's day parade, stop in at The Works on Michgan ave. and Rosa Parks. I'll be the very drunk bagpiper on stage, chain vaping in between tunes.

The Works? I know that bar. I went there to see my son preform one night.
Tiny place.
His duo "Smash Television" tried to get a regular Thursday night thing goin' there. Didn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread