• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Quest for an ABQ meetup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I have been trying to find the time to get a monthly meetup of sorts started in the ABQ area. I figured the first stop would be a local brick & mortar store and see if the owners were interested in doing something like a meetup. The only "storefront" I know of is Tat51, on the West side of San Pedro just North of Indian School.

It's a nice little store. They are very nice people, unfortunately, neither of the owners vapes or smokes. :( They don't have an online presence, and are not on ECF. :(:(:( So, they might be tempted to get involved AFTER a meetup is established. On the plus side, they have a lot of juice, almost all made locally. The prices aren't bad either, at $10.95 for 10ml. Interesting selection of hardware. Worth a drop in sometime. :)

Next stop will be to try and get ahold of the owners of the kiosks in the two malls. I don't believe that they have storefront, but I might be wrong.

If that proves void, then we will have to do it the hard way. Find a centrally located vape friendly establishment and go from there. Might have to start smaller and just have an ad-hoc meeting of a few of us some day. Start from there.

Is anyone else willing to help me get a meetup going here? I could use a little help. :)

alanselo

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Seems I would like to do the same thing here in Las Cruces. Too bad we are not closer or I would be willing to help out. Good luck with it. I will see what I can come up with here in Cruces. I thought that maybe an ad in Craig's List might drum up some folks interested in sharing juice so that we can be exposed to more of it at a cheaper price, and also to help those just starting out. Like me.

If I were a business owner this is the type of thing I would love to get involved in, help out the community and drum up business as well. You might try that approach on the Kiosk owners. My judgement is a bit tainted regarding the Kiosk ecig places, ripoff prices on everything they carry and limited knowledge of the employees I have met and seen. I do hope I am wrong....

Good luck with it..

Serenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Land of Entrapment (NM, USA)
I've been to Tat51, I think. I wasn't paying attention to the street address at the time. A fellow student and vapor just said oh it's that place over by Mario's pizza near Coronado Mall. So I headed in that general direction and wandered around until I found the store lol I believe it was next to a jewelry store. This place really didn't seem like they were experienced in the world of e-cigs though because they didn't smoke or vape, but they do have some excellent pomegranate liquid.

I don't have a whole lot of time to devote to something like this because I am a full-time college student with 2 teenagers to raise, but I'd be happy to devote a few hours on the weekends :)

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
OK, I made it by Route 66 Vapor today. Very nice store. Randy and Steve have been vaping over a year each. Very knowledgeable. Extremely reasonable prices. They have a very nice web page www(dot)route66vapor(dot)com. The in store prices are the same as their web page. Nice variety of genuine Joye hardware at down to earth prices. I was impressed with the candor and honesty of both of these guys. I watched Steve walk a noob thru everything he needed to know about getting an eGo-T up and running, as well as things to watch out for, pretty much everything the guy needed to know in about 25 mintues. These guys know their stuff.

They are both interested in having a local meetup, and I think this would be the ideal place to start a meetup in the ABQ area. We all agreed that December probably isn't ideal. So, at this point we are up in the air for a date in January! :)

Also, they have a very active facebook presence. Search for route 66 vapor on facebook.

Who wants to have an Albuquerque meetup in January?

Last edited:

Serenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Land of Entrapment (NM, USA)
I could do a meetup in January. I don't live too terribly far from there. I was just at Route 66 Vapor this evening and I really like the store. I spoke with Randy and his wife when I was in there and watched him talk someone through their first Ego-T system. He seems very knowledgeable to me, I was pretty impressed and I'm not easily impressed. He showed me the way of the CE2's and they are supposed to be getting some Boge 2.0's in next week so I'm probably going to be heading back there next weekend so I can try those out. They also make their own juice right in the store! I'm talking, I'm standing there thinking, hmmm never tried root beer before and next thing you know....10 mls made fresh right there. You just don't see that everyday, or at least I don't. I've been told it needs to steep for a few days before I break into it, but I'll let ya know how it goes when I crack the bottle open.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Makes me miss home! I will have to check these places out when I go visit my parents. I think I'm going up next weekend.

I hope you have a great time here in the Q Lisa. :) Enjoy your folks, and may your chili be hot......

I was hoping for a January meetup, but I cant personally pursue this at the moment. I am too slammed with work. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread