Introduce me to wisconsin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas
Hey guys,
I am about to become one of you! I am moving to WI in a month. I will be living right next to MATC milwaukee. does anybody live near that area.

I tried to find a WI vapers club but I couldnt find one. is there a group?

Do you guys have meetups? I love texas, but i havent been able to make it to any meetups because texas is such a big state and everybody lives so far apart. it seems like there are a lot more vapers in wisonsin closer together considering one out of every ten screenames has WI for the location.

Thanks guys!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Hey guys,
I am about to become one of you! I am moving to WI in a month. I will be living right next to MATC milwaukee. does anybody live near that area.

I tried to find a WI vapers club but I couldnt find one. is there a group?

Do you guys have meetups? I love texas, but i havent been able to make it to any meetups because texas is such a big state and everybody lives so far apart. it seems like there are a lot more vapers in wisonsin closer together considering one out of every ten screenames has WI for the location.

Thanks guys!
Well, MATC is in a rougher area of downtown, but it's also right next to the courthouse and police department, so it's not the worst, lol! What street will you be on? (My son is currently at MATC, too!)

Milwaukee (and Wisconsin) is a great place to live. The winters are a challenge sometimes, but we live spring/summer/fall for everything it's worth! Great lakefront, festivals, parks, lakes, rivers, concerts, fairs - there is always so much to do!! And every client I've had transfer in from other places comment how nice everyone is. I love living here!

I didn't know there was a meetup in January, Angjen! I have to check that forum more often!

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas
im really nervous about the winter because i am from texas and it is 35 degrees here. I know to expect about -10 degrees there, any advice for me on how to survive the winter? i heard to wear long john underwear with jeans, is that gonna keep me warm enough? and then for shirts a longjohn shirt, longsleeve shirt, then big jacket with hood gloves thermal socks and a beanie cap or something. will that keep me warm?

I sent a invite request but no answer yet hopefully soon.

do you know when the january meetup is? i wont be in WI till about the middle of january

angjen0816

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Menasha, WI
Well, MATC is in a rougher area of downtown, but it's also right next to the courthouse and police department, so it's not the worst, lol! What street will you be on? (My son is currently at MATC, too!)

Milwaukee (and Wisconsin) is a great place to live. The winters are a challenge sometimes, but we live spring/summer/fall for everything it's worth! Great lakefront, festivals, parks, lakes, rivers, concerts, fairs - there is always so much to do!! And every client I've had transfer in from other places comment how nice everyone is. I love living here!

I didn't know there was a meetup in January, Angjen! I have to check that forum more often!

i don't know if they set a date or not yet but i think its gonna be closer to me this time, the green bay area. not too sure. there wasn't specifics.

lunaras

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Nowhere
im really nervous about the winter because i am from texas and it is 35 degrees here. I know to expect about -10 degrees there, any advice for me on how to survive the winter? i heard to wear long john underwear with jeans, is that gonna keep me warm enough? and then for shirts a longjohn shirt, longsleeve shirt, then big jacket with hood gloves thermal socks and a beanie cap or something. will that keep me warm?

I sent a invite request but no answer yet hopefully soon.

do you know when the january meetup is? i wont be in WI till about the middle of january

How much will you be outside? That can really make a huge difference.

I'm not generally outside more than a few minutes at a time and I wear a good down coat with a hood, a warm toboggan and gloves, and warm boots. I personally like the fingerless ones with a flip back mitten to cover them. I don't find that I need more than jeans and whatever shirt I grab from the closet like this. Most of the time (10-30 degrees) I just wear the coat and flip up my hood if necessary, but if it's much colder, I wear it all.

If you're going to be outside a lot like while hunting or fishing, you'd definitely need to protect your legs and face much more so and getting some hand and foot warmers would be a good idea.

My guess is that the first winter will be bad for you, especially if you move here during the middle of winter, but after a winter or two, it won't seem nearly as bad.

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas
what is a tobagin? i will probably be outside ten minutes at a time, parking my car and walking inside the classroom and all that stuff. maybe go on a walk for fun to look at the pretty winter scenery.

so it is 10-30 degrees? that isnt too bad i was expecting - 10. i dotn know why.

i cant find any long john underwear here so i guess i will have to buy it there.

are the houses warm? I wont be freezing or anything when i am trying to sleep right? i like to sleep in boxers and a tank top will i be able to do that?

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I dont know what street. I wil be living with my uncle. he lives close to a culvers restaraunt and 2 minutes away from a blockbuster. in the other direction is a dairyqueen with a barn style roof and a sack and save and then there is a school with tennis courts close by. thats as far as i know about location

Sounds to me like your closer to Shorewood or Whitefish Bay by that description - I think the closest Culver's (that is also near a Dairy Queen) to MATC is in Shorewood - very nice communities.

This Dairy Queen?
dairy queen - Google Maps Street View

Thatdamncat

Aug 29, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
January is a great time to come to WI. Haha, we are having a pretty wicked snow storm right now 12-15 inches!! It does get cold as hell sometimes, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Winter can be a great time to be here. I would recommend getting out to enjoy its unique benefits - skiing, snowboarding, skating, sledding, ect. Besides the winter, WI is a truly beautiful state to be outside summer and fall. I think you'll enjoy your time here.

Thatdamncat

Aug 29, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Sounds to me like your closer to Shorewood or Whitefish Bay by that description - I think the closest Culver's (that is also near a Dairy Queen) to MATC is in Shorewood - very nice communities.

This Dairy Queen?
dairy queen - Google Maps Street View

Yeah yeah, that does sound like Shorewood on Capital Dr. Haha, I actually live in Shorewood. It's a great community and plenty safe. Plus, it's real close to alot of attractions; the lake, Summerfest, downtown, eastside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread