Anybody interested in showing off thier eGo setups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I have been wanting to do the same thing. What did you use for the pipe "bowl"?
if it wasnt obvious in the picture, its a pill bottle lol. cut the top, lined the inside with brown paper, then cut a hole for the ego to slide into, and stuffed all the empty inside space with tissue. brown and red sharpie for the "flame effect" ontop. it is quite ghetto. i would have liked to make it out of some wood, but cant find any good peices without having to purchase it.

g2manhou

May 14, 2013
Houston
1399014727847.jpg

joyetech ego twist 1000mah with an Aspire BDC ET-S glassomizer.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Mind 'splainin' how you made the bender/sticker? Everybody needs a super short pocket vale, right?
this one is made of rubber and wire(low grade material), but i assume you could do it with wood, or the right tools and block of metal. I shaped the rubber before drilling - making sure to measure where the battery and tank would sit. drilled 3 holes,2 for each "adapter" for the battery and tank to screw in, and the third to wire it. i used the bottom portion of an old iclear 16, for the battery connection. and the other side has a press fit 510-510 adapter that sits flush, and then i added a 510-ego adapter to fit the ego tanks on it.

this one isnt suitable for mods that require high power because idk exactly what will happen lol. its ego only

im not sure what brand makes the real one, but fasttech has them for 5-7$ compared to the originals for 20+$
i made mine so i didnt have to wait in long line for one, plus its handmade so i have bragging rights lol

Last edited:
I just started vaping a few weeks ago and it only took one filling of the clearomizer that a stand would be required. Then I thought... why not integrate the charger into the stand? And add a few spaces for a second battery? For my first attempt, I figured I'd just make it out of wood since it's non-conductive and I actually restore/refinish/customize/etc high end and antique firearms and do custom carpentry. Looking back, I should have gone with either walnut or some cool looking rosewood because the hard maple I used is not easy to work with because it is harder than my ex-fiancee's heart. Hey... at least the wood didn't cost me anything. lol.

Please excuse the iPhone camera quality. I should have used my Canon DSLR but i was lazy.

EgoStand.jpg
Edit/

Just wanted to add that somehow during the assembly process, I managed to kill the little bi-color LED bulb from the charger. You can kinda see the spot right behind the battery where the LED is mounted through the wood. I'll be replacing it with a standard LED that will activate once the battery is charged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread