Anybody seen these??? Efest 18350 10.5 amp?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LReyes66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
United States
I dont have a inline volt meter but im thinking of getting one.

At work during down time, I decided to test the new efest 350 to the previous red one. How I measured it is by tallying each time I took a draw of 4 seconds on both fully charged efest 350's til i noticed a significant decrease in performance on the .7ohm coil on my kayfun. I know its not an accurate measurement but I was able to get 15 more draws on the new efest then the previous one before the drop. Keep in mind my red 350's are about almost 3 months old.

Im ordering the inline voltage meter from 101vape and will be doing a more accurate test later this week

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I use the efest 18350 reds with no problems at all, although battery life isn't great (par for the course I guess- cause I vape at around 10 watts). My usual vendor is selling these purple "high drain" efests, and they're the same price, so I'm not sure if these are worth buying. Do they have a higher life than the red colour?

From a subjective assessment they seem to be about the same for me, perhaps a narrow win for the purple Efests. The red ones are rated 800 mAh but seem to actually be slightly less than 700 mAh in the tests I've seen. The purple ones are rated at 700 mAh and the rating seems to be more or less accurate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
how long are these lasting you guys? Im thinking about ordering a few. my builds are .7 and i would only use them when im out of the house, they might see 30 minutes of vaping whenever I bring them out.

would be nicing carrying around the astro in 350 mode. would be a nice, light carry set up.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
if i vape it exclusively for a full day I don't feel comfortable without have 4 of these around.

One day I decided to only use these batteries and after a 12 hour period of time I think I was on my third battery.

I am a pretty heavy vaper.

4hrs per battery doesnt sound bad. I might take 5 puffs to work, a few more on break and 5 puffs back. if im just going somewhere I probably take less then 20 total. might be worth buying a few for when i dont feel like carrying around a big sized mod.

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
Yeah it is pretty awesome just carrying around my aqua/origin hybrid in 18350 mode. Feels so light, tiny and stealthy. I like it alot. Carrying around extra 350 batteries is no big deal to me. I can fit four or them into one of those plastic cases made to hold 2 x 18650 and through it into a pocket on my backpack when going to work.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
these 350s are awesome in the tobeco hammer. not only can i dip as low as i prefer in resistance, but the physical size of the battery is slightly more narrow than AWs and the red efest 350s. those batts just *barely* fit into the plastic batt tube that gets inserted into the metal batt tube. changing batts was more of a chore than i preferred. not anymore :)

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
these 350s are awesome in the tobeco hammer. not only can i dip as low as i prefer in resistance, but the physical size of the battery is slightly more narrow than AWs and the red efest 350s. those batts just *barely* fit into the plastic batt tube that gets inserted into the metal batt tube. changing batts was more of a chore than i preferred. not anymore :)

Heh my hammer may be bigger than yours :p

I *think* I have the Tobeco one, and my red AWs slide right out by the magic of gravity. Think I'll get my purples early this week. Got 4x 18350 and 2x 18500s coming. I've had my AWs for about a year now and they've probably gone through 250+ cycles each... so it's perfect timing.

Terrapin88

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Cape Cod, MA, USA
Hey guys.
This isn't anywhere near scientific but maybe it might give others an idea how long the purple 350's might last using similar set ups.

I bought 2 for $12 shipped via Ebay. I charged them in a Nitecore I4. When they showed up they were 3.6V out of the box according to my multi meter. When fully charged they showed 4.23V.

I tried one in a Sigelei Zmax set to 4.1V using a Davide glassomizer running an Aspire 2.0 ohm dual coil. I timed my average drag and it is ~6 seconds. I got 149 6 second drags before the Zmax starting showing low battery. I checked the battery on my meter and it was at 3.29V. For me that was a few hours of steady use. Maybe 4 hours max.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
I bought 2 for my provair mini but forgot minis only use button tops. Oh well got nice batteries for my stealth 350 mechs

Shipping was super fast. Ordered Thur afternoon and got it Saturday, 2 day from Cali to TX with first class is rare lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just ordered 4 of these 18350's as im down to x2 working AW's, which are getting tired. Sooo glad i remembered that the mini does not work with flat tops.

I wonder if you can put in a spacer to make flat tops work? I would like to run flat tops occ in my mini

Phil

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I just ordered 4 of these 18350's as im down to x2 working AW's, which are getting tired. Sooo glad i remembered that the mini does not work with flat tops.

I wonder if you can put in a spacer to make flat tops work? I would like to run flat tops occ in my mini

Phil

i use a tiny super strong magnet on top of my batts while using the chi you clone bc of its slightly-too-long tube. i also use a rubber washer to prevent the off-chance that the magnet will slide from a hard jostle, shorting the whole enchilada. this method works flawlessly on a mech, i assume it would work on the provari, but being a regulated device, i cant be sure. perhaps check the provari sub-forum.

additionally, ive read a report of an ecf member soldering a tiny blob of solder on top of the flat top to make it a button top permanently. he only recommended doing this if you are well experienced in both vaping and soldering. which makes me not qualified to recommend this method, just sharing knowledge. im for sure a well experienced vaper, but soldering...nope.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Using anything other than button top IMR batteries in a Provari will void the warranty should you fry the circuit board using adaptors (magnets or whatever) using flat top batteries. A new Provari circuit board runs around $65, plus the cost of repair since the warranty is voided.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Using anything other than button top IMR batteries in a Provari will void the warranty should you fry the circuit board using adaptors (magnets or whatever) using flat top batteries. A new Provari circuit board runs around $65, plus the cost of repair since the warranty is voided.

about the warranty- very good to know! please ignore my post above and go with what Bad says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread