Anyone do a clearomizer with LED mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
that purple Haze is great. if i could figure out what utak3r said on how to do it i would make one but i have no clue how or what a cathode is lol.

Cathode= ground leg of led. Then positive leg of LED to resistor, and resistor to center post.

For the record, I'm assuming these are soldered, and solder doesn't affect the joose flavor at all?

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
that purple Haze is great. if i could figure out what utak3r said on how to do it i would make one but i have no clue how or what a cathode is lol.
Not much you need to know.

LED-Polarity-Tester.jpg

The long leg is positive. The resistor can go on either leg.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
I've got pink LEDs in my tanks.......but um according to my faithfully devoted modder, it's a PITA to solder the LED in place. However, he faithfully solders anyway..........

I didn't need to solder it. In all my LED mods, I just wrapped the anode around the center pole and bent the cathode at an angle so it made contact with the base.

P1NkY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Planet Earth
+1 on the silver solder!

I wonder how electrolysis would affect the juice, though. I mean, there is a small current flowing in there and dissimilar metals. Unless our juices are pH balanced? Any thoughts on this?

ETA: Ah, never mind the above; there is current in there whether there is an LED or not, so, yeah... duh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread