Anyone else get the joy of helping friends switch to eciggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Virginia
I've helped numerous friends switch to eciggs/pv's and it feels so damn good.

They come to me asking if they should just buy the kits from the mall and i almost freak out because i don't want them to fall for that. I pull out my laptop and show them a cheap eGo kit or anything very beginner friendly. I was steering them away from small 510 batteries just because i hated having a pv that only lasted 2-3 hours. All of them bought eGo's and are enjoying them 110% and haven't touched a analog in days.

I know a lot of us help people online but i was just wondering if you feel the joy of helping friends and family off the internet. Feels sooo good man :)

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I enjoy it also. I've had 3 friends buy the ego or riva kits now. I recommend the ego because I use it and it is a simple, inexpensive kit to buy and start off with. If they want to branch out later then they have that option too. There is also a cheap starter 510 kit at Ken's box mods that is $21 shipped if they want to try out a cheap ecig or want something more cig-like.

I diy so I give them some small bottles of juice to get them started. I also have a good friend that splits orders and shipping with me. I have my original standard 510 kit that I lend out to friends to see if they want to try it. All 3 of them have said YES! and bought the ego.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I started looking up e-cigs online and found out my daughter was looking also. We talked about it and when she was out that day picked up a N-Joy. We both tried it and were amazed. She took it home with her and I got online and searched some more. Had a order in that evening for a KR808-D. I read how the N-Joy could disappoint and wanted to get something that had a better reputation. We both ended up with 808's and off cigarettes. I told my son about e-cigs and he ordered a Joye Ego. I am not finished yet! Just getting started spreading the joy of vaping....Yes, it feels good!

Full-Otto

Feb 19, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I am finding it just as exciting helping others as it was for me starting out. Once I got vaping full-time, my wife started replacing some of her daily analogs, then my daughter, then my wife's co-worker and her husband, then our neighbor's daughter. Next step is building madvapes DIY boxmods for my sister and sis-in-law birthdays. Sis-in-Law is currently using my old Blu, and it won't get the job done. How else can I spend less than $40, and help change someone's life.

I have turned into a no-pressure vaping evangelist. I wouldn't pester anyone, but Lord help you if you ask me about the weird little box in my hand. I will bore you to tears telling you all about it...

Cheers,

Otto

HippyJeepChick

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Sugar Land, Texas
A couple we are friends with came over last weekend. My husband and I went over all the info with them about atomizers, cartomizers, cartridges and everything else. We have some Egos, couple of 510's, Darwin and a 5v box mod. We sat down with them at the kitchen table with all of our juices and PV's and had a little vape session. They loved it! She really was satisfied with vaping with the 510 and the size of it and he liked the Darwin. Since then they have ordered some juices, cartomizers, and atomizers and are waiting for that to come in the mail.

They came over today and we had another vape session and gave them some of our juices we didn't care for. We gave them the two 510's and they are borrowing the 5v box mod so they have a PV to vape with until they decided what PV they wanted to buy. They didn't smoke one cigarette while they were here today! I'm pretty sure they are on their way to being analog free. :)

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Actually ya I have a lot of fun with it.
Helped a lot of friends but I've got a special list of em...the friends who smoked in high school b/c of me 0o
I had the hook up and was always able to buy em, so I helped a lot of em out getting their fix.(should probably mention I was a minor at the time too)
Gotten all of them to quit with ecigs...minus one she's being stubborn.

Folks complain about it, but I like hanging in the smoke pits....just about ever time I'll have someone ask. Good feeling when you run into them again in a few weeks and they are puffing on a 510.

FatBill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
CT
I am at 8 converts, and yes it does feel so good to help save someone from tobacco cigarettes. And yeah, I agree with LF should show some love LOL but in all honesty, I'm just glad LF is there for all of us. They are an awesome company to deal with and sell kits at a very fair price.

Totally agree with you Sassy. Its nice to recommend a company to someone and to know they will be taken care of. Big thanks to LF.

Cranston McCloud

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
West Sacramento, California
All of the people I have introduced to this wonderful smoke free world have been very appreciative. They all admit that they feel better, get their taste buds back and are saving money.
I have only had one tough sale. My own wife. She doesn't like my 1000mAh eGo. Says it's too big and wants something that looks like a real cigarette. She also has a problem with my preferred nicotine level, (too strong for her). I purchased some lower nic juice in flavors that she likes and may just have her convinced that a big batt unit is the way to go. I was hoping to hand the eGo over to her and get me a pretty mod. If I can get her off the analogs, I will be willing to hold onto my eGo and get her that mod of her choice first. Save the marriage! Save money! Save a life! Win Win Win.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
Its a tuff sale for sure. Most people are happy where they are and most think Ecigs are a joke. Alot of people who are standing with me outside smoking while I vape and converse tell me they are going to try chantex and the patch even though I'm standing there a 1 year free from tobacco telling them this works. They think because I'm still using it, it must not work to help you quit. And because it produces something that looks like smoke it must be just as bad for your health or even worse. I tell them that I never intended on quiting smoking and that wasn't my goal from the start. I tell them I choose to vape for the nicotine and If it was my goal to quit I could go down to a lower nicotine and be vapor free in weeks.

When they ask me about the health related risks I am upfront with them and honest. I tell them that there have been no studies that can say that vaping is a safer alternative than tobacco smoke.
Although many people would agree that it couldn't be worse.

Then I tell them to take a simple challenge. I ask them to go into my closet and chain smoke a pack of cigarettes before coming out for air. The usual response will be your crazy that would kill you. Well thats probably true but not for vapor. I tell them about the tar and the 4 thousand chemicals in a analog. Even with all that most people just dont care or are far far to addicted to analogs. Even though I had been smoking a pack a day for about 18 years before I quit they somehow must think they are far more addicted to analogs than I ever was.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
I've never personally converted anybody. But these things are rapidly catching on where I work -- over 20 so far -- and a lot of that's because people see so many vapers and listen to our stories. You know, three of us will be vaping during a break and a smoker hears us saying, "I'm three months without a cigarette." "I'm at seven weeks." "I'm only at two weeks, but I never imagined it would be so easy to go two weeks." You get the idea.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Actually, I have an old friend in Houston that started emailing me about it when I mentioned it on my FaceBook page. He's had a run in with cancer. In remission at the moment. He still hasn't quit. He's got reason to be motivated and I'm glad I got to steer him away from all the junk people are selling. His stuff is on order. I hope it helps him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread