Anyone else have an obsession with Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USRN2016

Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Laveen - Phoenix Arizona USA
Hello everyone, my name is Kenneth and I'm addicted to vaping hardware lol

i just totaled up my purchases for the last month and a half and I've spent $800 on vape mail. O M G my wife is going to kill me! But, I've bought everything I've read about and like... So it's all good :2cool:

Anyone else buying lots if stuff lately?

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I was pretty conservative for my first three months or so. I hardly bought any hardware beyond my Halo G6 and Triton kits.

But just recently, I've stepped up and bought an eVic Supreme, an SLB eGo-V V3 Mega battery kit and some Kanger tanks, and a few other things. It's the most money I've spent within a 10-day period so far, and the most I've spent on a single unit as well.

And I think many of us here would describe ourselves as "obsessed" in some form or another. I think I've been obsessed with vaping, overall, my whole time, but only recently with hardware as well.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Was fortunate in getting my setups early and easily in my vaping journey. Learned to get the best vape I could out of my tanks with cotton wicking, recoiling and right base. Any duplicate backup mods I wanted, got for presents on special occasions......Money that was going to be spent on SOMETHING anyway. NOT counted in vaping budget. :D

Also, really fortunate in having many local B&M that allows tasting their liquids before buying. Whew!

Downfall? Drip tips! Beautiful, unique, one-of-a-kind, expensive, handmade drip tips! :facepalm: They are my "crown jewels" to my setups. They've taken the place of jewelry for my fingers, ears........toes! :laugh: They are the last thing I see when I take a "toot", and the first thing I see when I'm done. I am nuts for gorgeous handmade artwork of any kind.

Do they make the vape performance better? Don't think so.......But, they do make me extremely happy and add to my pleasure and delight in finding this miraculous alternative to smoking tobacco! :wub:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
USRN, you're going through the "I-must-have-everything-I-see" phase of vaping :D

I spent a fair amount in my first 4-8 weeks of this journey. I now have all the hardware I *need* (for now ;)) I'm well-stocked on tanks and coils (and just bought a bag of cotton balls and some kanthal wire to start recoiling my heads) Now, I'm in the "juice only" phase. I'd just bought some from my local B&M last weekend, and dagnabit, if they aren't running a sale this weekend. I'll always use the juice, and for their quality, the price is quite respectable (IMO) as I'm not to the DIY phase of vaping (yet?)

I am going to start saving my pennies to possibly get myself a Provari later this year (Happy 50th Birthday to ME) and maybe a spiffy RBA with which to top it.

Congratulations (hope your wife doesn't kill you - at least the cigarettes won't now :)) and welcome

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've slowed down a lot. I'm a vaper 'hobbyist', no question about it. I like to collect things; and when I got into hobby vaping, I tended to jump on various things. I still have 5 Provaris, which nowadays sit on the shelf, because I don't use them much anymore. The problem is, I'm also a pack rat. I don't like parting with things. But my mechanical mod collection, as well as my drippers and gennies, is pretty much complete. I'm not really looking for anything more, just to say I have it. I'm much more selective than I was a year or two ago.

MalkinMania71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
PA
I did a spreadsheet of my cig savings and what I have spent on vaping. Deleted that s*** quickly! Apparently doing it in my head was better for me so I could round the numbers to whatever I wanted them to be. I gave up on the saving money part of vaping, but I do think I am done with hardware costs for a little while. Or at least till the next paycheck.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
When I first started vaping, I thought a couple eGos and a couple Vivi Nova's were all I needed. Then I said an SVD and a Protank was all I needed. The Protank 3 was kinda meh, maybe the PT2 is better. Let's get that.

Then I said, let's add a Kayfun to the mix, they always get great reviews. Wow! This is what flavor really is!!

What the heck kind of clouds are these guys blowing?!? I need a Chi You clone mech mod and an RDA. Ooh...an Omega clone to go with it.

Darn it if I can't vape tank crackers in my KFL+, I need a genny with a Pyrex tank. Hello RSST.

My wife asked me what I wanted for our anniversary. Of course, the top of the list was a Provari! The mini, please, so I have more battery options!!

My Omega is so lonely, let's try another RDA....Trident?!? Why not?

Omg that Emit Vapor Shotgun (badass hunk'o'steel of a mech mod) is so cool!! Gotta have it. And of course I need a new RDA to go with it!!! That Magma looks great on it. And look at those juice wells!! It's all mine!!!! Mwhahaha!!!

Hmmm....and that's just barely 4 months of vaping! :)

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
USRN, I feel your pain. I did the same thing when I first started vaping. I blew about the same amount in the first few months. A big part of it for me was that I was extremely nervous that I would run out of juice or my batts would die and I'd be forced to smoke again. By the time that fear subsided, I was just really taken with all the hardware choices and shinyness. I'm still in that phase after 5 months, though my financial situation has taken a sudden downturn and I've been forced to stop buying stuff. Luckily, the gear and juice I have is sufficient for the time being; but I can't begin to describe how much I miss getting vape mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread