Anyone else have this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I've had an engine nano rta for a few months and just picked up the juggerknot mini rta. Both tanks have top air flow with side fill. My issue is that everytime I fill either of these I end up with a bunch of juice in my mouth for the first 3-5 hits. I've tried filling very slowly and it hasn't helped. I'm hoping someone who has one of these tanks has experienced the same issue or maybe someone will know why this is happening. It's A LOT of juice! Now after I fill I put paper towel around the air flow intake holes at the top and blow into the drip tip to get all of the excess juice out of the chamber, but I feel that there has to be a way to prevent it in the first place.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
You're flooding your coil. Play around with your wicking. Make sure the juice holes are completely covered but not overstuffed. It's a bit of a balance to wick correctly but you should be able to reduce that problem.
Thank you for taking the time to reply! The odd part is that on the juggerknot mini you can see the juice/wick ports through the glass and I never let the juice level get below the top of those ports so that they are always full. Also, if it was a wicking problem wouldn't the coil always be flooded? Once I get all of the juice out of the chamber it wicks like a champ until the next fill. It's about a mil of juice that I have to blow out after filling, then everything is great with no popping or gurgling. You may very well be right in your assessment of my situation, I'm just asking these questions to better understand what's going on.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
You're flooding your coil. Play around with your wicking. Make sure the juice holes are completely covered but not overstuffed. It's a bit of a balance to wick correctly but you should be able to reduce that problem.
I really don't know much about air lock or how to prevent it, do you think it could be a tank pressure problem?

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
With the nano, you have juice in the outer chamber sitting higher than the air in the inner chamber where the coil is. When you open up the fill port, air rushes out allowing the juice to flood into the inner chamber, like water seeking it's own level. Comes in handy when breaking in a new wick and you get the occasional dry hit. Just open the fill port a few seconds and boom, your wick is primed again.

To prevent flooding when you are refilling, close off the air flow and hold your finger over the mouth piece BEFORE opening the fill port. Try to be as quick as you can so the port is open for only a short time. Don't take your finger off the tip until the port is closed again. Hope this helps.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I can vape my Nanos nearly dry and fill with no flooding. Wicking and vg ratios are key with the Nano. I do remember that if I fill when the coil is hot I used to get some minor flooding but it usually came down to wicking. If you're using less than 70vg closing the af will help some. The damming method works for some very well too.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
With the nano, you have juice in the outer chamber sitting higher than the air in the inner chamber where the coil is. When you open up the fill port, air rushes out allowing the juice to flood into the inner chamber, like water seeking it's own level. Comes in handy when breaking in a new wick and you get the occasional dry hit. Just open the fill port a few seconds and boom, your wick is primed again.

To prevent flooding when you are refilling, close off the air flow and hold your finger over the mouth piece BEFORE opening the fill port. Try to be as quick as you can so the port is open for only a short time. Don't take your finger off the tip until the port is closed again. Hope this helps.
I really appreciate the info. I did exactly as you suggested when filling just now and had no juice in the inner chamber for the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread