Anyone else into a warm vape?? Whats your favorite tank??

Status
Not open for further replies.

texastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
South Dakota
Whats up everyone!?? Sorry to revive this old thread but I have some updates. I purchased a new vivi nova v2.5 and heads from got vapes like my fellow south dakotan' recommended. I recieved it all and it was just crap. Platicy taste, dry hits, poor wicking like most of them I have tried. I have purchased like 6 of these things trying to get a "Good" one like the old days where you could just fill it and vape. People recommended boiling, another recommended just hot water. Well I had no luck with just hot water. Maybe a little better. But you used to not have to do that. I purchased a Kanger T2 which was recommended and they are pretty awesome if you remove the flavor wick but then you have flooding. I rewicked myself to take care of that or you can shove bits of cotton in the grooves to remedy that problem, or don't fill it completely, and keep it up right and easy with the tilting. Not bad at all!! I just today decided, "Why not try boiling these wicks for the nova?" So I boiled them for about 12 minutes. Put it all together gave it some dry burns, and immediately noticed it was firing way hotter than normal. The sound, EVERYTHING was different. I was still skeptical. I put it all on my vamo, 2.6 ohm coil and started out at 3.7. GREAT FULL SATURATED FLAVOR. Fired up a little hotter still skeptical that I could get a HOT vape with no burning or dry hits with chain vaping like I could the old ones. cranked it to 4.0 got warm and even better TONS AND TONS of vapor. Cranked it to 4.3 warmer yet approching hot even more vapor, better flavor as if it could get any better. Cranked it up to 5.0 vots with stacked batteries. HOT HOT HOT VAPE FULL SATURATED FLAVOR!!!! Just like the good ole vivi novas used to be. If you have not tried this. Please do with a genuine vision vivi nova from Gotvapes. And I hope your experience is just as good or better than mine. Tears almost came to my eyes I was SO HAPPY to have that full fantastic vape again. Thanks to all of you who have helped me. Thats what this forum is all about!!

texastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
South Dakota
By the way when you boil it, There is a little silicone cap with a washer in it that is on the head. Take that off before you boil the heads to remove that preserve oil thats on it. Take a steak nife or pocket knife. And pull that little washer out of the cap. put it on a cutting board, press it down and squash it with your finger on the board and cut off just a blade length of material on that cap at the bottom of the silicone. just a little 1-2mm strip off the end. Put the washer back in, the flat side goes down, just put it on the head again just before you put your drip tip back on, and just get it started. don't push it all the way down onto the head. Just get it to where its just starting to slip onto the head. Then, screw your end cap and drip tip down just till you feel resistance and stop. it will NEVER have a wicking issue after that. Like it could get any better?? Well it just did after crusing the austria vapors forums and other people having these issues with the nova, that was a popular fix so I tried it and WOW again! lol.

texastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
South Dakota
Yeah you know I need to just start getting into those. What do you recommend to start?? I don't really wish to spend over a hundred bucks on one but I think there was a smoktech one that pbusardo was showing off but what do you think?? Have to get myself a good mechanical mod too because I agree with you something at .7-.9 ohms would be supreme.

Guts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Herstal, Belgium
Yes the smoktech rsst is an ac9 clone, you might have to drill the airhole a little bit to have more airflow. But the insulated wick hole is great for beginners. I don't own an rsst but an ac9 and it takes some time to get it right. But once you get it it's great.
And I can't really recommend a cheap mech mod because I use a paps, 69, ea mod. Watch some reviews and try to find what's best for you regarding the price, durability and quality.

Cheers

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I love the Vivi Novas and the warm Vape. I prefer the 2.8 ohm heads. Most work great but then you get a bad one that leaks alot sometimes. I was recently very disappointed because I thought I ordered 10 heads at 2.8 ohms, but when I opened the bubble pack I realized they were not the right heads. Unfortunately, I didn't check them out good until about a month after I had gotten them. So I decided to finally rebuild the wick myself using a cotton roll and 32 gauge kanthal. Wow! It's been working great with absolutely no leaking or dry hits. I'm totally done buying heads and so happy to be Vape mail free. :) luckily I have tons of heads I've saved to re wick. I really do prefer a warm Vape.

texastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
South Dakota
That looks pretty sweet man!! A lot like the Igo L I just purchased just CLOUDS of vapor from that thing!! I think ill buy a few more. You can actually purchase cotton guauze and roll it up to make your wicks too! Instead of just silica. Check out my vid on it!

Talking About and Rebuilding the Igo-L RBA using cotton:) - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread