Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I used to cough when I first started with the e-cig. I quickly learned not to hit it like an analog. Try this - draw the vapor into your mouth and wait a sec, then inhale. The others had good advice too, about pg/vg, flavors, nic levels, and voltage. It cold be any one of those things. A little trial and error will sort it out, I'm sure.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
A couple of points mentioned that were true for me. As the transition takes place, that first vape in the morning was hard on my lungs. I wound up just doing tiny hits at first. After a while (don't have an exact time frame) I noticed that first one stopped being so hard on my lungs. It takes a while for the body to adjust to this new method of getting our nic. If you can remember, it took a while for our bodies to get used to smoking traditional cigs. ;)

And another point made that was true for me: I don't crave nic upon first waking anymore. When I was a smoker, as soon as my eyes opened, I NEEDED to get up and have that first cig while waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. For a year and a half, now, I finally realized what my non-smoking/non-vaping (smart guy never tried cigs) Husband has always been able to do.....lay around and sleep in on weekends.

Now I get it! :D I no longer HAVE to get up. I roll over, look at the clock, snuggle in deeper and drift back to sleep. LOL I now have to force myself to get out of bed. :lol: That did take time to get to that point though. Not sure what the time frame on that stage. I think after about three months of vaping only?

I was a dual user for a month as I slowly let ecigs take over. I remember vividly the morning I knew that the first cig of the day was no longer a need. I was reading ECF and I had my cig in an ashtray and my little eGo twist beside me. As I was reading, it dawned on me that I was absentmindedly using my PV and the cigarette was just burning up unused in the ashtray. That ended that first cig. The last one before bed was my toughest one to get rid of.

Yes it takes a while for some to get used to the different way vapor hits the lung in the morning. I know one gentleman that even over a year later, still has that one in the morning. At least he is not smoking any more after that one. Count the ones you don't have, not the ones you do.

Good luck :)
You will find what is right for you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread