• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone else out there having um..'visits'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
32 Years. The last 10 years of the marriage though......started the downhill slide- right before he was diagnosed I was ready to leave. On some level I still loved him - or the memory of the man he used to be. I would not have been able to live with myself if I didn't stay once he was diagnosed (stomach cancer) - he fought a hard battle for nearly 2 years and had a major, major surgery in the beginning. I'm pretty certain that if he had survived we wouldn't be together now.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Yes it does. I should refer to him as BH but no one would have a clue what that stood for - black hole:evil:

I used to tease him about it all the time- the information goes in but never comes back out.:D

Ha! I've had two of those DH's or BH's, whichever...I think I'm all done with that business!
My "now one" just went to work, I have a feeling the 'to do' list here was going to keep me pretty busy the rest of the day. UGGGGGGHHHHHH Or as my GD would say, Oh, maaaaaaannn!

My Mom likes to pop a bulb once in awhile, shine light on her collector plates, and just gives me a smile sometimes, but I think she has also moved on now. But I knew a few weeks prior that Dad was waiting for her. He's been gone 34 years now, Mom 14.
But also someone is telling me that someone will be ok, or not, when I hear news about the "D" word. Has happened 6 times now, 4 times not good news, 2 times good! I think that may be my Dad, since his passing was the first I was 'informed' about...with no supporting alerts, I knew he was not going to be 'here' anymore the last time I saw him. Since that has happened and I had such strong and true messages, I now carefully clue those in when I have a 'good' message. Hopefully my faith will be sustained to continue that (a conundrum, because without faith in the message it may be a wrong one!). The 'not good' I leave to God to tell them. There's a guy here on ECF that must think I'm a nutcase, but it proved out!! once again, and we really don't know each other, just through mutual tobacco related stuff and mutual good coffee fiends! The signals are for good, a smile comes, for bad, a heart flutter, very distinctly!
I do miss them so much. But as Mary Kay said and I agree that you have to 'let them go' so to speak.

Last edited:

DeniseN

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Douglas, Ga.
I went to Cassadega in FL - MK - ever been there? I have a photo and stories from there that would make your hair stand straight up.

Wow that brings back alot of memories for me. I grew up in Apopka right outside Orlando and when I was in high school we used to go through Cassadega just for fun or to spook our friends on our way to Daytona Beach. I have been there more times than I can count. Had many strange things happen there too.

I also have alot of stories of things happening to myself and my children. My family being Cuban I have grown up without alot of beliefs that well people may want to put me away for lol... I have had alot of strange things happen to say the least. I truly am a believer.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I don't believe in ghost or supernatural beings. IMO most of the things we think we hear or see are simply in our minds. We have all felt like something or someone may be present but I believe this is just our minds doing this. I have felt some of these things and it is nothing more than just me. Of course my daughter is a true believer. She lived in a house in North Carolina and was convinced it was haunted. I think it was just her over imagination.

Some of us believe and some of us don't.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I know a man who wrecked his car in a snowstorm a few years ago early 1980's. He was a member of a great band that had played at one of our local bars, till early morning light. (A few others were "Lit", including this guy.)
It had snowed, and he lost control of his car and plowed upside down into a road bank.
The guy had been pinned between the top of the seats and the roof of the car bottom side up for over an hour before it was found.
He is today a quadraplegic, but not long ago asked me what he looked like when we loaded him in the ambulance. (I was the cop on call that night, first to the scene.) I told him he was the color of cold window putty. He saw us load him, from above us, after we dug him out of packed snow and crumpled car. And swears it's true. MHO he's not making it up. He was totally non-responsive and stiff as a board.
He still sings, at parties sometimes, a gorgeous tenor voice, but can no longer care for himself, needs lots daily help.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
This room in Cassadega used to be used as a beauty salon. Another guest told us he heard music and we said "oh, we had the laptop playing music on the front porch downstairs" - he said, no, it wasn't coming from downstairs but in this room. This is the picture taken by someone in our group after the other guest said he heard music.

Attachments

• 100_0337.jpg
    100_0337.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 74

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
This room in Cassadega used to be used as a beauty salon. Another guest told us he heard music and we said "oh, we had the laptop playing music on the front porch downstairs" - he said, no, it wasn't coming from downstairs but in this room. This is the picture taken by someone in our group after the other guest said he heard music.

HOLY CRAP beebop! I'd have been outta there like, like, well, like a bloody freaked out Scot!!

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Nobody stays in that wing...we were on the first floor. That picture was the least of what went on that weekend.......we had permission to have a seance/table-tipping group in the lobby after the hotel office was closed for the evening. We were a party of 8 or so and the 1 woman who was setting it up was unable to have a psychic be present - so she received instructions on what we were to do (to be safe, etc.) - unfortunately, Pam didn't get all the instructions right......tonight I'll tell you more of Cassadega......

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Nobody stays in that wing...we were on the first floor. That picture was the least of what went on that weekend.......we had permission to have a seance/table-tipping group in the lobby after the hotel office was closed for the evening. We were a party of 8 or so and the 1 woman who was setting it up was unable to have a psychic be present - so she received instructions on what we were to do (to be safe, etc.) - unfortunately, Pam didn't get all the instructions right......tonight I'll tell you more of Cassadega......

You're gonna leave us HANGING BeeBop??!!?! 8-o

Damn, and tonight is the GTA Toronto Vapers Get Together! Well, I'll let you all know what goes on there, sure to be plenty of 'spirits' flying around the room...;)

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I don't believe in ghost or supernatural beings. IMO most of the things we think we hear or see are simply in our minds. We have all felt like something or someone may be present but I believe this is just our minds doing this. I have felt some of these things and it is nothing more than just me. Of course my daughter is a true believer. She lived in a house in North Carolina and was convinced it was haunted. I think it was just her over imagination.

Some of us believe and some of us don't.

Agreed. Some people 'feel' things that probably AREN'T there. That being said, if you read one of the first posts on here about my mother and the cough syrup bottle, there's NO room there for 'speculation'.

She went to bed. Hacking herself awake for 3/4 of the night. The next morning, the bottle was not only OPEN, but the cap was on the other COUNTER. Was she thrilled? Did she immediately call in a Psychic or have her palm read?

No, it scared her.

She said that if she hadn't just poured herself a coffee and knew she'd have been badly burnt, she'd have dropped it. It shook her up quite a bit. Same thing as the footsteps upstairs. She didn't run to the top of the stairs yelling my Dad's name, she thought someone had broken in. SHE wasn't thinking about ANYTHING 'supernatural' and it certainly wasn't her 'wishful imagination'

I simply do NOT believe that we 'cease to exist'. Two patients telling me EXACTLY what I was saying when they WERE dead, was enough to convince me.

But, again, I DON'T believe 'hauntings' occur as much as people THINK they do, but I think our loved ones CAN and DO come back or come around when they think they're needed or maybe feel they've left too soon.

I know that, if there's a CHOICE, I'D like to hang around for a bit, not only to make sure everyone is as 'okay' as they can be, but to say my own goodbyes.

Last edited:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
You're gonna leave us HANGING BeeBop??!!?! 8-o

Damn, and tonight is the GTA Toronto Vapers Get Together! Well, I'll let you all know what goes on there, sure to be plenty of 'spirits' flying around the room...;)

Like I said, the seance was a last minute kind of thing and the psychic that these women knew was not available. So Pam made arrangements with the hotel that once the office was closed for the evening, we could use the lobby (as only guest keys worked the entrances).

They had a huge old table, I've never seen a solid round table that easily accommodated 12. There were about 20 of us - 8 from our group and others that were staying at the hotel. Candles were lit, prayers were said and 12 of us sat at the table holding hands. We were told to sing and we did. Now, this table was too big for table tipping - but it vibrated quite a bit on the legs.

So, Pam, who had brought a small table with her (thinking we could do this with a psychic for just a few people) - set up the little table which could seat 3 comfortably around it.

As I had had a bad experience with a Ouija board when I was a kid- I wasn't putting my hands on that little table (the vibrating big table was enough) - I sat a couple of feet back with a few others.

3 from my group were at the table - I'm so close to 1 woman that we're like sisters - what happened that night happened - she's not a practical joker in any way, shape or form.

All was going well, questions from the 3 at the table were being asked and the table was responding (yes/no). Basic- deceased relatives coming to say hi, sort of thing. Now my best friend and I were there about genealogy - I had already been with the psychic for my private reading and while I was there for genealogy, I had DH and my grandmother (whom I never knew as she died when my mom was 8) earlier in the day.

There was a man there (the same man who told us about the music coming from the 2nd floor room - the picture). When Pam decided to take a break from the table, Ray sat in.

Let me say :shock:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Ray -Part 1

Ray sits at the table and the atmosphere of the room started to change. My friend was asking some questions and suddenly changed what she was asking - she felt there were 2 little children there and they were frightened. Angie (another from our group) picked up on it as well - then I felt someone walk behind me - stirring a breeze - but there wasn't enough room from my chair to the table behind me for someone to walk through - the hair on my arms stood straight up.8-o

Some in the room abruptly left. There was something there that was not "friendly" - more questions asked and the feeling that whoever the "children" were afraid of - was there. The table was tipping wildly once Ray started asking questions about those children and that woman. This went on quite a while - exhausted, we decided to stop.

Out on the porch 3 of us talked to Ray about what had just happened in that room.....:cry:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Ray - Part 2

Ray explained that he investigates paranormal activity. He said that 2 children keep coming to him, while asleep and awake, and they are terribly frightened. He's trying to help by figuring out what happened and where. He believed that an asylum in Connecticut which closed long ago, was at the root of things but had been unable to find any references to that particular institution. (There apparently are many, many asylums/institutions in Connecticut that are reported to be haunted - many adults and children were institutionalized yet were not insane, were not mentally ......ed, etc.)

He gave me the name of the place he was talking about - yet there weren't any references to it online - I searched for a while and then in a historical link I found why he couldn't find the long ago closed facility - the name he had was what the building was known by, it was not the name of the facility.

I sent him the links and the history of the facility - he was returning to Connecticut the following day and he was going to try again to find someone who would let him enter the old building.

He let us see photos and hear audio clips of some institutions he had investigated in the past - let me tell you it was difficult getting to sleep that night!:shock:

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
8-o8-o8-o8-o8-o

And you got to see the pics? Wow! Any chance of your posting them here, or where they 'photos in hand'?

There's a LOT of talk about old asylums! They were TERRIBLE places and yes, probably one half of the people that were 'commited' had nothing more serious going on than simple depression. But, I'll guarantee that, within a few months, they WOULD have been insane. The mental health methods were, to say the least, BARBARIC..less than even 50 years ago.

There was an asylum here in Toronto whose address was 99 Queen St that was eventually torn down. We noticed that there's a 'new address' in Toronto, 1010 Queen Street. It's a condo building that is being built DIRECTLY on top of the site of the old asylum! You couldn't PAY me enough to live there!

Poor children, what type of pain would be great enough to make them stay here after death? 'The Other Side' is 'advertised' as a peaceful 'rest', (unless you were HITLER. I'd hate to think of HIM lounging about sipping some Pina Colada, but I STRONGLY doubt he HIS. I think he DID go HOME. To HELL.), to think that there's STILL something THERE that frightens CHILDREN is hearbreaking, isn't it?

There was a Psychic Kids episode on A&E one night, (a spin-off of Paranormal State. I love that show, although, there are quite a few of them that certainly don't take huge steps to convince me), about a little girl who was still looking for her mother. They got her crying and calling 'Mommy? Mommy?' on an evp. Broke my heart. You hope that, in those cases, they really ARE a 'hollywood effect' show. :cry:

Or, maybe they're not CHILDREN at ALL..maybe it was the supposed 'children' that changed the atmosphere in the room..:evil:

Great ,now I've freaked myself out!! ;)

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
We're gonna be labeled as the "weirdos" of the forum!:cool: I'll post the link to his site later - and the evp's are there - he doesn't list the name of the facility - he had great difficulty getting permission from the state to enter the premises - he probably had to agree not to name the place.

Handicapped people were frequently put in these "asylums" - treated horrifically.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
The pictures he showed us at the time were on his laptop - on his site he said he spoke with the 5 of us - we were 3 on the porch - I think he spoke with Pam and another woman from our group while still inside the lobby. And we saw things in his pictures that he didn't - it was quite enlightening while terrifying at the same time.

Maybe tonight I'll tell you about my public reading......mine just didn't match up with everyone else's....it was a large group about 80 people or so - each giving just glancing readings for about a minute or so....:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread