• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone else out there having um..'visits'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
We're gonna be labeled as the "weirdos" of the forum!:cool: I'll post the link to his site later - and the evp's are there - he doesn't list the name of the facility - he had great difficulty getting permission from the state to enter the premises - he probably had to agree not to name the place.

Handicapped people were frequently put in these "asylums" - treated horrifically.

Well BeeBop, we can't hide the truth. We're both nutters. BUT, we're FUN nutters!!! ;) And, we ARE in the right place for that, right?

I'd LOVE to hear them! If you don't want to post them on here, you could always PM me!!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Not a Ghostie type thing but:
My sister and I used to love doing mind stuff. I would ask her to go somewhere..anywhere, except McDonalds! (she was addicted..:p)
Then a given time she was to focus her attention on a landmark or distinctive place. I was to draw it. We enjoyed the game and 50% the time I was wrong (she was wrong 90% of the time!)
One day I was really mad when she got back..I had drawn a red ground with an arch above. I acused her of going to MickyD's!
She had taken a polaroid..she was looking at the Skyway bridge from St. Pete to Sarasota (Florida) and sitting on her RED car!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Where would you like me to move it too? There is NO beter place them in here:blink:
When I lived in Cheyenne we lived on base. That base use to be a fort. Let me tell you it had a dicey history. Besides Indian wars it was one of the paces they shipped German soldiers as POW's. It was also general Pershings planning center.

My friend and I were into studing the historical facts about F.E. Warren A.F.B....so we got the hairbrained idea to do a seance.
She chickened out and I went on by myself. I am Catholic, I know seance's are not a good idea!

I set up candles, turned off the lights and said some Prayers..ok I am not totally brain dead! (at least I wasn't at 26) I asked for anyone friendly in the area to drop by...real professional. The 2 candles went out....:ohmy:

I tried again and I got cold..not surprising in Cheyenne, but since the heat was on...My stupid detector was sending out alarm signals that would have woke up a firehouse. You know the one that sounds just before you decide to bungee jump or ask you MIL to come visit? So I was spooking my self pretty good when I felt a touch at the back of my neck!

You know those cartoons of cats clinging to the ceiling? That was me!:censored:

I spun around to see my son..5 years old standing there looking at me..he was sleepwalking!

I got him back in bed and turned on all the lights in the house. When I went back in the living room the candles were out again. That was the end of my seances!!!

suddenly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2009
The Secret Garden
Hi Nutters.

Can I be a cashew?

This story has always creeped me out but also made me jealous too.
My mother said she was always able to see and talk to her relatives that had passed away. When she was young she saw and talked to her grandmother. At the very moment her grandmother died, my mother was driving home and her grandmother was standing in the middle of the road.
She of course stopped the car quickly. Her grandmother smiled at her and disappeared.

My grandfather, her father, who I adored and loved visited her( according to her) every time she went to Canada. They came from PA and moved to NY but spent a month in a cabin in Canada every summer. It was called the "Red Cabin" I know souds like a Stephen King title, My father told me that when ever they were there mom would get out of bed and start talking. Sometimes she would cry then other times she would get very angry. I really didnt think too much about this because I was a teenager and thaught she was a nutbag anyway. You know that mother daugher thing. Plus she never liked me anyway and made sure I knew it. Whenever they could not get the "Red Cabin" grandpa never showed up.

The last year before my mother passed, I had to sleep in their room, in the "Red Cabin" My mothers' talking woke me up in the middle of the night.
She was standing in the middle of the room with her hands clinched into a fist and was very angry. I thaught she was just sleepwalking because I had always had that problem for as long as I can remember. I have really woken up in some strange places and strange siuations.

I called over to Dad and said Mom is sleepwalking. She turned around and looked at me and said "No I am not!, can't you see him? Tell him I am not being mean to you!" I said tell who? "Your grandfather he is sitting right there in the chair." (The chair she was referring to was my grandfathers favorite chair. I remember seeing him sit there when I was very small and sitting on his lap) I even have pictures of me sitting on his lap in that chair. My grandfather was a very quiet man and could go for a week and not say a word, but when he was with me he talked a mile a minute. I was the only girl and I was his favorate. To be honest I doubt if he knew all his grandchildrens names. He never talked to them. He never talked to my mother either. When we came into the house, he would turn his hearing aid off.
Back to the "Red Cabin" my mother was getting more upset because I wouldn't talk to my grandfather. I couldn't see him but I did see that the chair was rocking by itself. My mother just said she hates me and her father and ran outside. I am looking at Dad and he is looking at me and we are looking at the rocking chair it had stopped rocking. My parents refused to ever talk about that nite again.

Of course that was the last time we ever went to Canada and the "Red Cabin" My father has been back many times with my mothers sister but a few miles away from that cabin. An odd thing is that my eldest cousin bought that "Red Cabin" and was going to fix it up. I never heard why but he was never able to. My grandfather didn't like him and neither did I. He was much older than me and tried to molest me at, of course the "Red Cabin" My cousin has never been back.

I didn't think about this for many years until my grandchildren were born. Morgan who is 5 saw a picture of my grandfather and said NANA PAPA.
I figured it was just because he was old etc. she was around 2. Now my grandson who is almost 2 looks at the same picture and says NANA PAPA.
Okay one child strange but both kids saying the same thing about the same picture, wierd. Plus they both kissed and hugged the picture when they saw it. Tre the 2 year old carries this picture around with him when he is here. Morgan did the same thing. In fact the picture used to be in my room but she demanded to have it in her room. Now that Morgan is 5, I have talked to her about the picture and all she can say is he loves us very much.
So I am wondering is my grandfather still watching over me because my parents never wanted me? And also looking after his great great grandchildren?

Spooky:glare:

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I've moved beyond nutty to fruitcake.
You guys are giving me chills. But I do feel 'things', when someone has a medical problem it comes to me that all is going to be well and I grin stupidly or the dreaded 'heart stopped' feeling if things are not going to be ok. Still waiting on a short story from my s-i-l regarding her breast cancer, but that girl is like a turbo generator, always so busy. Which is a true blessing!
I wish these 'visits' could be a little more comforting, but they always seem to raise a lot more questions than being enlightening. We're just maybe not meant to know more?
I even had some visits from a cat, he was my such good boy. He looks really well, by the way.

Zenfrogs

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Virginia
When I was around 5 years old my parents lived in a pre-civil war southern mansion. We lived in one wing and they were the caretakers of the property as the owners lived out of state. I guess it was a bit of an odd place to live but it worked out pretty well for two hippies in the 70's. Anyway, I frequently saw people in the house. We even had a guest leave in her nightgown in the middle of the night once. Left all of her stuff and bolted! The woman drove back to DC because she saw someone in her room. My parents never saw anyone but I did. Anyway, one night I had just gotten in bed and a tall man in a grey pinstripe suit came and sat down in the rocker next to my bed. He just sat there for a few minutes and then left. I saw a picture of him years later and recognized him. It was my mothers father who had been dead since the early sixties. Turns out he was buried in a grey pinstripe suit. Oddly, I was also able to tell people who was calling before they answered the phone and who would be dropping by, etc. After we left that house I never saw anything or "knew" anything again. In a strange turn of events I ended up visiting that house about two years ago and the second I turned onto the property I got chills...but I didn't see a thing while I was there.

I don't think we cease to exist. I do think that children and animals are much more open to experiencing things but most people lose that ability as we cross into adulthood,

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Suddenlyno - my mother-in-law would have things happen at the moment of death of loved ones. Her son-in-law (who committed suicide - not proven) she was sitting one evening - it was late - she was in Western New York and son-in-law in California. He stepped into the path of a moving car - at the same time she felt someone touch her shoulder and say "mom".

In the early 1960s she was in the hospital for back surgery. She had a dream that she and her brother were walking up a grassy hill which had a tree at the top - before they got to the tree he turned to her and said she could not accompany him the rest of the way and to turn back down the hill. Little did she know that her brother had been admitted and was a few floors above her in the hospital - she was dreaming and he was dying.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
I got him back in bed and turned on all the lights in the house. When I went back in the living room the candles were out again. That was the end of my seances!!!

Pretty scary!

After a bad experience as a kid with a ouija board - I swore them off - when I married my SIL gave us one -not wanting to hurt her feelings I put it in the closet - and in the morning it was out - leaning against the dresser - figuring DH was playing a trick on me- I just put it back in the closet - and in the morning it was back - this went on all week -finally, enough is enough - in the trash with it! {DH didn't know what I was talking about - believe me he would have gloated about tricking me a few years later}

I haven't dropped by here in ages, RL got in the way. Interesting stories. I'm definitely a believer, but haven't had too many experiences. My daughter and I could always feel a presence in a house we used to live in, always in the same place. We both think it was my son/her brother, who died only two days after birth. It was an outreach of love that we felt, no words or thoughts or anything. We think he just wanted to know us. We moved on after 10 years, and I guess he did too, we never felt his presence again.

I bought my current house from the estate of a man who had recently died. I completely gutted and redid the interior. Rocky was the guy's name - and I never saw a picture of him until I'd lived here a couple of years and a neighbor showed me a pic. I totally recognized him as the guy who floated by every so often and told me he liked the way I did something, or said nah, you shouldn't have done that - and he was usually right. He quit coming around when my BF moved in with me, guess he figured I'm being well looked after now.

Hi to everyone I haven't seen in ages! Hi to everyone I haven't met before too! Enjoyed the stories!

Zenfrogs

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Virginia
Suddenlyno - my mother-in-law would have things happen at the moment of death of loved ones. Her son-in-law (who committed suicide - not proven) she was sitting one evening - it was late - she was in Western New York and son-in-law in California. He stepped into the path of a moving car - at the same time she felt someone touch her shoulder and say "mom".

In the early 1960s she was in the hospital for back surgery. She had a dream that she and her brother were walking up a grassy hill which had a tree at the top - before they got to the tree he turned to her and said she could not accompany him the rest of the way and to turn back down the hill. Little did she know that her brother had been admitted and was a few floors above her in the hospital - she was dreaming and he was dying.

Wow - reminds me of something that happened to my husband about 11 years ago. He was around 24 at the time. He was napping in the afternoon after moving to VA and had a weird dream. His younger brother was in the road bouncing a ball and it rolled in front of the car my husband was driving. naturally my husband stopped and spoke to his brother. He reached in the car and said " you can't go where I have gone" and patted his hand. When he woke up he felt really disoriented. Having only been in town 3 days he had no phone yet but he was desperate to call home to NY. So he went in search of a pay phone. The first one he found was out of order... all the while he had this mounting feeling of anxiety and unease. When he finally found a phone his family told him that his brother had been struck by a car and killed. My husband was also was dreaming at the time his brother was dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread