Anyone else started hating vaping after trying disgusting e-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
One way to work through it is to vape flavourless for a while, if vaping is something you absolutely have to do.
I went through hating the smell of my vape juice in the room or even the stink of a vape shop. Im nearly through to the other side now though. Flavourless was all there was.

Oh yeah, the vape shop smell! My diy cupboard stinks like that. And I forgot, until you mentioned it, that for a time that smell made me gag. The juice I made tasted good but that cupboard smell was awful. It still smells like that, but for whatever reason, it no longer bugs me.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The thing about artificial flavoring (which includes “natural” flavoring in the USA due to some fairly stupid FDA regulations) is it’s not the actual thing. Did cola flavor taste like cola to someone? Yes. Will it taste like cola to everyone? Probably not. Did it taste like cola to you? Clearly no.

This is a major reason why tastes in flavoring are so individual. It’s kind of luck of the draw whether something will taste good to a given person or not. There are flavors I think are great that the next person will simply loathe and visa versa. There will be something you like, it just clearly isn’t cola flavor. Black cherry is another flavor that a lot of vapors in the US do not like, yet some still do. A lot of people like citrus vapes. I personally think they all taste like unmixed tang powder. Vaping juice is just something where you have to kiss a lot of frogs.
One way I have found to find a flavor I like is to go to a vape store with a tasting bar. There I can quickly try 10 or 20 juices and find something I can get along with without a lot of time, money, or hassle.

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
Thanks for your answers. I didn't mean to offend any of you, it's just... Well, whatever. Thank you anyway.
no way you should have offended anyone by your thread.
Could have been just needed to steep for awhile.
Your vape taste buds with be changing for awhile if your new to vaping.
Btw don't be hating Broccoli or Brussels sprouts for eating not vaping.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are an interesting one. They’ve got a chemical in them that is quite bitter, but only to some people, and then often only when they are children. An adult saying “I hate Brussels sprouts” often means “I formed my food preferences as a small child and haven’t tried anything new since”

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are an interesting one. They’ve got a chemical in them that is quite bitter, but only to some people, and then often only when they are children. An adult saying “I hate Brussels sprouts” often means “I formed my food preferences as a small child and haven’t tried anything new since”

Not always the case. I actually thought my taste buds must have changed by now, and last year decided to try a supposedly tastey brussel sprouts recipe..

I threw it all out after one bite, and even spit that bite out. It took hours after to remove the taste from my mouth..

I'm 50... so no... While our tastebuds can change (I didn't like broccoli as a child, but loved it since I was a young adult) it doesn't always change to include brussel sprouts..

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Not always the case. I actually thought my taste buds must have changed by now, and last year decided to try a supposedly tastey brussel sprouts recipe..

I threw it all out after one bite, and even spit that bite out. It took hours after to remove the taste from my mouth..

I'm 50... so no... While our tastebuds can change (I didn't like broccoli as a child, but loved it since I was a young adult) it doesn't always change to include brussel sprouts..

Well, long parade still ends up here. I guess it's safe to say we all once sucked tobacco in our lives... Imagine that taste, and give it to a 5 year old. Our taste buds definitely changed as we grow old. Addiction or none, Beer, whiskey, exotic foods, etc. Foods and drinks a child cannot bear to take, but we somehow all do to a certain degree.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’ve always liked sprouts. Used to like broccoli but I can’t stand it now. Tastes change. You can have my broccoli though, if you want it. Cilantro is another thing. Tastes like a sweaty armpit to me.

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Nope, won't eat tuna. I don't care if it was childhood trauma or whatever, but tuna salad will never, ever be on my menu. I'm an adult now and you can't force me.

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
I’ve always liked sprouts. Used to like broccoli but I can’t stand it now. Tastes change. You can have my broccoli though, if you want it. Cilantro is another thing. Tastes like a sweaty armpit to me.
Cool,its cold enough for broccoli soup.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not offended but I also should note, I was not put off ALL food by encountering some I hated. The worst being fried and breaded BRAIN (my grandmother/) To be fair, it was sort of okay until I was like "This has a weird consistency" and like, investigated the innards. All brain.

And yet, I somehow managed to eat enough food to like, not die.

Just don't think about it and get some different juice. That is what I did. after FINISHING the brain because apparently at age 5 I am made of sterner stuff than you, l realized it would be Impolite Not To.

But then again not EVERYBODY can be as mature as me at age 5. I sort of should also note that I LOST maturity as I aged. so it's not ALL good, OR bad.

But, I seriously think you can bring yourself to vape again..... after you recover from your incredible, unbelievable trauma even if it takes THERAPY, and LOL glad I am not YOURS, I'd be tempted to mock you mercilessly but there are nice gentle ones out there I hear..

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread