The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone else started hating vaping after trying disgusting e-juice?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by airidosas252, Jan 29, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. airidosas252

airidosas252 Full Member

Jan 23, 2019
    Sorry, if this sounds ridiculous or what, but I started hating vaping really badly. I can't believe that one single e-liquid could ruin vaping for me. I'm sure this won't last for long, since I really love vaping and everything it can offer.

BTW, mouth-to-lungers, DON'T ever try cola flavored e-juices. EVER! I've learned that the hard way. Unless you like a mouthful of chemicals digesting your insides, then sure, try it out.

Sorry immediately, if this is off-topic, but I wanted to receive some feedback, how some of you fought this anxiety overdose, since I'm really mad.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Mark Spivey

Mark Spivey Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    I went DIY with e-juice very quickly!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Short answer to the thread title question, No.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Sounds more like a dry hit or inhaling smoldering coil gunk byproducts from overly flavored & sweetened liquids.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Nope. But then, I tried broccoli, and it didn’t ruin eating for me.

I have a nice DIY cola, just because you got a bad one doesn’t mean they’re all bad.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. airidosas252

airidosas252 Full Member

Jan 23, 2019
    Thanks for your answers. I didn't mean to offend any of you, it's just... Well, whatever. Thank you anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. F-machine

F-machine Senior Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Trapped in Asia
    LOL... I was once in your shoes... I'm sure a few long timer folks will tell you what to do and expect. And when you warn others about certain flavors, you should know that a lot of popular juice out there exist because there's demand for them. And many buy them because they like them. Just stick to what you know works for yah, and be aware that fake juice is out there too.

I also felt mad a few months ago when I got some rip off unicorn juice. They stink like poo, and I threw them all at once to the bin. That triggered me to make my own juice now, and I can't say I'm disappointed. There were mistakes at first and tried bad flavors as well. But overall, I must say I am satisfied with the route I took and happily moving along.

Also, if you are new to this, going to your local vape shop to try juice for free is a better idea than buying blindly online. Once you know the brand and flavors you like from your local vape shop then you can buy more online for cheap. But then again, that's how I got ripped off, so I think eventually, you will graduate to DIY juice just like most of these folks here. Help is always around here, just keep in touch and visit this place everytime you need something.

Cheers! :toast:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. raqball

raqball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Naw... Several years ago I purchased some just that made me want to hurl. It was like vaping straight black pepper... Gave it away to someone else with the warning it was the most disgusting juice I'd ever vaped.

Loaded up with something better tasting and never batted an eye.. It happens, no 2 people will react to a flavor the same.

Found a disgusting juice? Toss it, give it away and vape on with something more agreeable..

• Like Like x 4
  9. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Love Heather's Heavenly Vapes.
    But Huntsman tastes the way dog vomit smells.
    Still vaping. And still get my favorite flavors from HHV. Just never tried Huntsman again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. ExtremeDooty

ExtremeDooty Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    I've had some pretty crappy juice several times. Unfortunately, they were my own concoctions when I started to DIY. I didn't hate vaping, just my skill level. It took a while to figure out what flavors go together well in proportions that I like. Nic salts also help me increase the nic level in my juices to help keep the nic cravings at a manageable level.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    airidosas252, I certainly think that some liquid flavours by certain manufacturers can make you think no. Just no.
    puking_rainbows_gravity_falls.gif

But this is not always the case, but if you don't like it. Just chuck it, or give it to someone you don't particularly like.

And sometimes mixing flavours, without cleaning your tank and changing coil or wicking can be interestingly good. But is sometimes an awful experience.

I second what others have said about vape shops that will let you try liquids, as it allows you to find out what you like. Which can be useful if you wish to try DIY later.

As sometimes buying by description only, can backfire on you. As you think it sounds good until you vape it, and then it's too late.
    TameFrenchBlackcrappie-size_restricted.gif
    But hopefully you'll find something that suits you soon.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    One way to work through it is to vape flavourless for a while, if vaping is something you absolutely have to do.
    I went through hating the smell of my vape juice in the room or even the stink of a vape shop. Im nearly through to the other side now though. Flavourless was all there was.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mark Spivey

Mark Spivey Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    If you DIY going flavorless is easy. However, get quality Nic, VG, and PG (if you so desire, I do PG to thin it a little to 75-85% VG and 15-25% PG). Lower quality Nic can be peppery. I have gone through periods where I was just over having any flavors and went with the basics. I have also found over the years that I have cut back on the amount of flavoring used due to my sense of taste becoming more sensitive (actually returning to normal). One last thing I've noted is I have gone through periods where I have had preference shift in flavors. With all I've said (in this post and previous) I've never had something so bad that it made me want to quit Vaping.

• Like Like x 3
  14. englishmick

englishmick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    One time early on I left it too late to order juice and went up to the shop to get something to tide me over. They had a basket labelled discontinued items so I grabbed a bottle of something I had vaped before that was pretty nice. But this bottle was really old and rotten. Made me gag. Had to vape it for 3 days. I did hate vaping for those 3 days but I had only just quit smoking so I had to do it.

As I recall I got over it as soon as the good stuff arrived though.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The infamous crab juice review from 2011. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 6, 2015
    my own mind
    LOL ... I hadn't seen that vid before.... funny stuff ;)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Once I won some free ejuice and it tasted like gasoline - that was the worst bad flavor experience I had in vaping. It was supposed to taste like chocolate cake and you'd think I took a swig from a gas can. Then I learned the smell of alcohol based flavorings and my ultra sensitivity to them..

Thing is, in a few days you'll finally get the taste out of your mouth, you'll find a reputable ejuice vendor that mixes in-house and you'll pick a couple palatable, oh so lovely, flavors.

I actually recommend www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com to you.. it's higher end and might do you good to have some good experiences for a bit, even if it's a tad more costly then some.

You'll get through this.. crapflavors happens to us all. Soon it will be something you will look back on fondly as a time of learning and growth. .

I wish you well.

• Like Like x 6
  18. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  19. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Pluid and maha ras were pretty awful juices. almost bought the crab juice, but chickened out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  20. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    I tried a lot (120-140) and found 5-6. I used those to hold me over while I started to DIY.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.