Anyone experience headaches with extended vaping sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

de1337er

Jul 1, 2010
MA
I'm not sure if this is the best sub-forum for my question so my apologies, but all you Veterans could probably clear this up for me.

I've noticed that if I vape heavily throughout the day I'll start to experience headaches. It's not the same as when I have been hit hard by nicotine from a strong vape, like dripping with a freshly charged bat that has given me a hot flash like sensation and nauseous feeling (unlike tobacco that would give me sea legs and slightly blurred vision for a minute). I no longer experience that, probably because of increased tolerance from frequent vaping.

Now if I'm sitting in front of the PC and reading articles or whatnot for a few hours and vaping I end up with a headache. My concern is what is causing it though. I don't think it's the nicotine in the juice because I've felt tobacco and juice's nicotine give me other unpleasant sensations mentioned above.

The only other thing it seems it could be is the propylene glycol or glycerine as the carrier in the juice - which is not what I would expect as they are GRAS ('generally recognized as safe' by the FDA). Besides that, there's unknown flavoring agents in it and that should be it.

I'm using Dekang 555 and Yuyan flavor. I know Dekang is a fairly reputable (or at least a large) brand but at the same time it's almost a 100% they're sourcing their glycols from other vendors in China who may not be as critical in terms of purity with their final product. Considering the chemical similarity between safe(r) glycols and antifreeze there have been some bad outcomes (I believe there was a similar earlier one in the 1980s resulting in about 88 patients in a South American hospital dying, though the article I linked has details that are almost one-to-one from what I remember). There are antifreeze reagent tests but they cost more than a liter of e-juice - and considering the ready to use juice I have is not an isolated compound the accuracy of a reagent test falters.

Thoughts? Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread