Anyone have any good experiences with auto batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
While I like the dependability of my manuals, I would prefer an auto if I could get one to work right. My first kit had autos but I killed them with juice (noob mistake), but I've ordered from 2 different suppliers since and both times they're worthless, won't activate at all or at best on and off. These were XLs.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy autos that work? Are the shorter ones better?

Thanks,
Cindy T

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
I only have one, and its poor performing compared to the manuals.... shame.. cus love using it. The few times it works right.. Thought I'd found out that I could blow on the threading and wipe it often. that seemed to help. But had crap cartos that leaked a bit, so think its just ruined.. Now I have awsome cartos that never leak, so was thinking of getting a new auto, see if I can keep it alive...
When it works the draw is light, don't have to put in effort to get it to activate, but often it will stay activated for up to 5-8 seconds when I put it down..... and after that I can bairly get it to activate.... rubbish...

Last edited:

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
Well, now that I've learned how to use the auto without ruining them, I can't seem to find any that work straight out of the package:(

The ones I have range from dead, never worked to the draw is so hard you turn red trying to get it to work, or one that works ok for minute, but stops after a few drags. Sometimes sticking something sharp in the hole and lifting helps, sometimes tapping it on a table works, but sheeesh, I'd love one that's dependable as long as I don't get juice in it.

Thanks,
Cindy T

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
I have 3 autos from 2 different vendors and they have been working for me quite well for nearly 3 months now. I use an atomizer and cart or drip tip with mine. I bought from PrimeVapor.com and MyVaporStore.com.

Wow, you are doing great if your dripping with your auto and it's still working, Congrats to ya!:) I will try one of those vendors next.

Thanks!

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
my auto 808 from vaporcountry has a pretty stiff draw, but its not too bad. my auto 808s from vaporkings have the best drag i've gotten from an auto. not too airy, not to tight...just right.

I ordered 2 VK XLs, DHs was great (now dead from juice leaking), mine you'd bust a blood vessell trying to get a drag, so I contacted them and they sent me a new one, it doesn't work at all. I didn't send it back, I don't want to deal with it. I just want to work.

FieryOne

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
Idaho
Wow, you are doing great if your dripping with your auto and it's still working, Congrats to ya!:) I will try one of those vendors next.

Thanks!

Welcome! :) I am cautious an never put in more juice than my atty can hold (3 drops at the most), and don't use anything too thin. My manual 808 batteries have the same hole that the auto does, so I've just learned to be careful. I haven't lost a battery yet.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I've had good luck with both NHaler and vapor4life auto batteries, NHaler standard length, v4l XL. Couple of early life failures, handled within their warranty periods, but otherwise good performance. Still using an early July NHaler auto.
Draw hasn't been bad on them, and simple maintenance -- don't use overloaded cartos, periodically degunk by clearing the air inlets and a short alcohol soak of the connector -- seems to keep them going strong.

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
my auto 808 from vaporcountry has a pretty stiff draw, but its not too bad. my auto 808s from vaporkings have the best drag i've gotten from an auto. not too airy, not to tight...just right.

That's funny, my favorite auto came from there too, i was gutted when it finally died after about 8 months, i think we just got lucky because the draw is different on every battery from Kanger, quite annoying really.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
I used auto 901 batteries for a year and a half with no problems. I have a couple XL manual 901 batts now that I love but when I want my hands free it's really nice to use an auto batt. Put a whistle tip on the atty and I can just hold it in my mouth and vape hands free. I never found the 901's to be stiff or hard to draw on, neither were they too airy. Also the more delicate flavors taste better on an auto, like Pear and Cotton Candy. The stronger manual batts dull those flavors alot. I love my 901's!

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
I would really like to have good usable autos, not just because of the ciggie feel, but think the manuals for some reason, seeem to be harder on the cartos. I refill many times and new fresh cartos are good on manuals, but when filled many times, they start tasting a bit burnt on manuals.. can pop them right over on an auto or small 510, and good taste returns.. + the buttons on them are very dodgy. sometimes they stay activated and burn out my carto.... killed one doing that, didn't get it screwed of fast enough...

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
I used auto 901 batteries for a year and a half with no problems. I have a couple XL manual 901 batts now that I love but when I want my hands free it's really nice to use an auto batt. Put a whistle tip on the atty and I can just hold it in my mouth and vape hands free. I never found the 901's to be stiff or hard to draw on, neither were they too airy. Also the more delicate flavors taste better on an auto, like Pear and Cotton Candy. The stronger manual batts dull those flavors alot. I love my 901's!

I have been vaping since Aug 2009- I started off with a Janty classic 801 auto, which up to today is still my fav.I do prefer it on a passthrough. (I think my sweet spot is 5v) I have tried the Indulgence, the 901 and the stick. They are all manual and I don't like them. There are volumes of vapor but it is totally tasteless. I have deduced that the manuals burn hotter, so the juice gets vaporised to no discernible taste. I have not yet tried the Ego/Riva for this reason, but happy times are coming. Eastmall is busy with an auto bat for their Riva-Let us auto lovers hope this might be the holy grail!

toriL

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Virginia, USA
For those reporting auto's with hard draws, I had assumed that meant they were going bad and had about 5 old ones sitting on my desk. The other day I was thinking it could be because airflow is blocked and took a straight pin (you could use a toothpick as well) and poked through the holes on the sides and then stuck the pin head in the outer circle and swirled it around. Got gobs and gobs of gunk out that looked a lot like resin I'm assuming from small drips of juice accumulating over time. Anyhow, I'd pull it out and wipe off on a paper towel and then plunge it back in and swirl it around again and get even more gunk! Now I have 6 kr808's that vape like new! Give it a try if you are turning blue trying to get a hit off your 808.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread