Anyone having trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm having the damndest time with 510 attys as of late. It seems that every one I buy is different. Either it burns way to hot, almost no burn at all, or just makes the juice taste like crap. Got a new one the other day and after using it for a day it has a metal taste..This is really getting frustrating! Anyone else see this or is it just me?

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
All I ever tasted with attys was burning...
I had to switch to cartomizes...after I did I wondered what took me so long!

I fired up my 510 with an atty the other day, and was amazed that I had ever quit smoking using that.

I'm gonna have to break down and try one : )

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
I had the same problem. Maybe I was just really unlucky, but I had half a dozen 510 attys in a row start tasting "burnt" with less than a week of use. I switched to cartomizers and never looked back. I still have a few 901 and 801 attys that I use from time to time for dripping, but 90% of my vaping is on cartos and I love them. The capacity and convenience is unbeatable. I know I can leave the house for the day with just one or two spare cartos and not have to worry about refilling anything on the road.

I had the same problem. Maybe I was just really unlucky, but I had half a dozen 510 attys in a row start tasting "burnt" with less than a week of use. I switched to cartomizers and never looked back. I still have a few 901 and 801 attys that I use from time to time for dripping, but 90% of my vaping is on cartos and I love them. The capacity and convenience is unbeatable. I know I can leave the house for the day with just one or two spare cartos and not have to worry about refilling anything on the road.

I really want to try carto's but they seem to be a hassle to refill. Thats the only thing that's deflecting me from them(sorry for the deflecting but i couldnt think of any other word lol. kinda tipsy =P). Anyway yeah carto's seem to be to much work for someone like me.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
actually i was surprised... they are easy to fill from my experience... i used the condom method ( i liked the name;) ), and all you do is fill half of the rubber cap and then slide the carto onto the cap... thats it! watcha vid, but yah, they are pretty handy and well worth trying!

the only thing that got me away from the cartos was the evidence of burning inside at the filler. i took one of my 808s apart after reading about this and was shocked. i'm now trying the rn4081 cartos, there has been some testing done and it looked good. as a matter of fact i'm sending one of mine to scottbee today for further exploration. he already has been sent 4081 cartos from smokestick [20 bucks for 5]. i got mine from trueman at 7 bucks for 5. those seem to be the only 2 sources for them. i discussed with jules the possibility of a coop purchase if scottbee reaches a favorable conclusion with his tests.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
the only thing that got me away from the cartos was the evidence of burning inside at the filler. i took one of my 808s apart after reading about this and was shocked. i'm now trying the rn4081 cartos, there has been some testing done and it looked good. as a matter of fact i'm sending one of mine to scottbee today for further exploration. he already has been sent 4081 cartos from smokestick [20 bucks for 5]. i got mine from trueman at 7 bucks for 5. those seem to be the only 2 sources for them. i discussed with jules the possibility of a coop purchase if scottbee reaches a favorable conclusion with his tests.

I have never had a problem with the burn factor that others seem to have.
As a rule, I keep mine moist and never run one dry, I top off every few hours so that may be the reason I have had no problems.
But IMHO topping off every few hours vs topping off all the time and fiddling with tempermental attys is well worth it:)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I have never had a problem with the burn factor that others seem to have.
As a rule, I keep mine moist and never run one dry, I top off every few hours so that may be the reason I have had no problems.
But IMHO topping off every few hours vs topping off all the time and fiddling with tempermental attys is well worth it:)

have you taken some of your cartos apart? i was so surprised when i looked because there was never a burnt taste and i topped off frequently

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I'm having a HORRID time lately with my attys. I'm about ready to throw in the towel, and I really really don't want to do that, cuz I'm SO close to totally quitting the 'logs'.

Here's my issue:

I had 2 510 and 4 penstyle attys (3 Joye302's and 1 M201) all develop a 'burnt' taste (within a couple days). I researched and finally came to the conclusion that it was because of a thick dark liquid that I was using.

I stopped using the liquid (sniffle) and looked around for a good cleaning method. Found the Crest Mouth wash method, bought it, did it, and set out to dry. After 36 hours, they were still wet, so I baked (according to directions, for about 5-10 mins to dry out)

In the meantime I purchased 5 new penstyle (801) attys.

The attys I cleaned (had to add 2 more to the mix that I vaped with keylime and made me sick- 1 510 and 1 BE112) were ready to test. EVERY single one that I have tried now vape 'weak'. It's as if the draw is really hard. They work, but I have to puff and puff, and hardly get anything. I don't know why. The crest method is supposed to work great, and I followed the directions to the T. So I put those aside.

Next, the new 801's have arrived, and they are the low bridge (I prefer high, but oh well) so I use those. I have tried 2 out of the 5. I am able to use them for about an hour or two, and then they just stop working. Dead. nothing. nada.

I DON"T GET IT!! What am I doing wrong??? These attys are different styles, different models, bought from different companies, used with different juices, and they are all dying on me. argggg.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Would you be willing to try cartos? I'm pretty sure we could get you set up with some to test...

Gut is sending me a 510 carto to try.

On the cartos: I had originally started with an 808, didn't like the stock flavors, so I ordered some empties. But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to refill them (and I watched the videos, read the articles). Finally gave my 808 stuff away on the PIF.

I even got a couple blu sets to try. So far, they aren't burning attys, but the batt life STINKS, and they need constant topping. Cart flavors are pretty ick too, so I need to see how to swap out flavors.

I'm sorry, just feeling really really frustrated because I seem to spend all day fiddling with these things. I was so psyched about the penstyles, because the vapor and flavor are wonderful, but this whole atty/batty short lifespan is taking the wind out of my sails.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to refill them (and I watched the videos, read the articles). Finally gave my 808 stuff away on the PIF.
I refill mine almost exactly the same way you refill 510 carts, with one extra step.

Stick the battery-side cap (the one with the long plug that goes into the hole) on the battery side of the carto. Pop the cap off and drip liquid into the filler (along the sides, not into the hole). When it stops absorbing, just give it a couple good shakes (like you'd shake a thermometer) to force the liquid farther down and drip some more. A totally empty carto should take 15-25 drops, depending on what kind of dropper bottle you're using. You shouldn't have to shake it more than two or three times before it's completely full.

I top mine off every hour or so without taking them off my PV, just because I want to keep them good and wet. But even if you vape them dry and have to go through the whole drip-shake-repeat routine, it shouldn't take more than half a minute.

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Hi Bug,
Do you have any 801 batteries? I can send you an 801 to 808 adapter & a couple of awesome cartos. Pre-filled if you want. Let me know. Another question, have you used the straw mod with the 801? I used 801's for months and finally got to the end of my rope. I was having the same type of problems you seem to be having. I found some relief with the straw mod and used that cart mod for quite some time. Then I tried cartomizers and have been loving them. I did receive a polishing pad from you (thank you very much by the way) and I intend to break out my 801's and try it. A cart modded with a straw may be the way to go with a polishing pad too. You never know. What works for one doesn't always work for another.
Tracey :)

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Bug, suck on it without having it on the battery and if you don't taste anything it's dry. I felt exactly like you do awhile back and suddenly everything started falling into place and it did get better. It's kind of how everything in life works and as soon as you're ready to give up something clicks and turns around for you. Sometimes we make it all too difficult when it's really easy. There are so many opinions and ways of doing the same thing that it gets even more confusing.

If nothing else have several PVs filled and refill, clean and mess with them all at once instead of constantly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread