Anyone interested in Zenith RDA V2 Pre-orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The problem with the threads I bet is because all them devices are made in China and even the ones built here use the parts from China and that Zenith was from a different country by a machinist that probably used either the US standard threads or the standard he uses in that country. Just my opinion but we used to have that problem in the automotive industry too.
Heres an example of what I'm talking about.

43_zpsa94e38af.jpg

Last edited:

Guma

Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Tampa, FL
Searching google for Zenith 510 connection not fitting, brings me here... I too have one that as of right now, only fits one of my 6 mods. I did buy online and have it shipped to me out here in Afghan. I read back far enough where some poeple are getting a decent fix by using a die to "rethread" the 510 threads. Just to confirm is this the die you guys are using?

7mm X .5 High Speed Steel Round Die 1" OD: Round Threading Dies: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Hate to see people having problems like this on such a high-end atty, but glad to see I was not alone.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Searching google for Zenith 510 connection not fitting, brings me here... I too have one that as of right now, only fits one of my 6 mods. I did buy online and have it shipped to me out here in Afghan. I read back far enough where some poeple are getting a decent fix by using a die to "rethread" the 510 threads. Just to confirm is this the die you guys are using?

7mm X .5 High Speed Steel Round Die 1" OD: Round Threading Dies: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Hate to see people having problems like this on such a high-end atty, but glad to see I was not alone.

That's the one.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
well... all rethreaded and working great on my sl lp black wrinkle reo grand. now threads onto my other lp reo and my scot tua copper. not "happy" but content. great topper... would be worth the $$ for sure if the QC was on it's game at the factory.

for anyone who hasn't rethreaded theirs yet, you'll need a die stock to go with that die if you don't have one already.

7mm X .5 High Speed Steel Round Die 1" OD and DS-1 Die Stock for 1" diameter round dies

Isaac; thanks for putting your neck out there on this one for us, brother. now how do i get ahold of those extra AFC rings we talked about?

vojvodic0421

Apr 23, 2014
Peoria AZ
I'm glad to see you guys being able to get your Zenith v2.5 working. I saw a post that someone broke center post while re-threading. I re threaded it using one of those adjustible wrenches where I was able to grap all 3 posts and nicely turn it. Mine zenith works like a charm now. it did need few soupy baths and vodka treatment for machine oil, but I've been rocking it on my Hana v3 since I got it.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
well... all rethreaded and working great on my sl lp black wrinkle reo grand. now threads onto my other lp reo and my scot tua copper. not "happy" but content. great topper... would be worth the $$ for sure if the QC was on it's game at the factory.

for anyone who hasn't rethreaded theirs yet, you'll need a die stock to go with that die if you don't have one already.

Isaac; thanks for putting your neck out there on this one for us, brother. now how do i get ahold of those extra AFC rings we talked about?

Hey Beck,
Well we have been waiting for 2 returns for the passed 2 weeks and saw no movement of the given tracking postage so we might just everything up in a few. I'm going to write these two customers to find out what's happening or what they would like to do and I'll let you know buddy

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I just got my replacement zenith v2.5 in from iken, and still no luck. so how about this threading device? how does it work and its out of stock on amazon.

Home Depot, any auto parts store or place that sells tools. Even Hardware stores but you have to copy the treading info off the one on Amazon that's out so you get the right threading. Even Sears Tools carries them.

Here's how to use them.
How To Use a Tap and Die Set : How-To : DIY Network

and here is a video. I would skip the first part of this video and go where they actually cut treads. The first part is for prepping a thread stock before threading that is already done on the zenith because you're re-threading

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Hey Beck,
Well we have been waiting for 2 returns for the passed 2 weeks and saw no movement of the given tracking postage so we might just everything up in a few. I'm going to write these two customers to find out what's happening or what they would like to do and I'll let you know buddy
Damn shame. Wish I'd known. I'd have loved to get that black 2.5 from you instead of picking up one from kidney puncher. good thing they didn't have black afc rings I guess. Went ahead and grabbed 2 from you.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Home Depot, any auto parts store or place that sells tools. Even Hardware stores but you have to copy the treading info off the one on Amazon that's out so you get the right threading. Even Sears Tools carries them.

Here's how to use them.
How To Use a Tap and Die Set : How-To : DIY Network

and here is a video. I would skip the first part of this video and go where they actually cut treads. The first part is for prepping a thread stock before threading that is already done on the zenith because you're re-threading

Dunno stud. I wasn't able to find 7mm in .5 mm pitch anywhere near me. Neither did the tap and die kits I had laying around have the right pitch. Everything was 1 mm pitch in any 7mm die I could find. Had to order online myself.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I just got my replacement zenith v2.5 in from iken, and still no luck. so how about this threading device? how does it work and its out of stock on amazon.

My threads were tight also and would only screw on about 1/2 way. I took a FDV atty connector and screwed the V2.5 on and off tightening at little more each time. Took about 5 times but it fits everything I own now. I don't know if I would have tried that with a lower quality atty connector.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread