anyone know anything about parcelforce intnernational hub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi everyone, just looking for some answers.

I ordered a package from hong kong and when tracking it says:

Service: Parcelforce 24
Last tracked at: International Hub

Does this mean it has passed customs and it is being delivered or what?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated! :D Thanks alot

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Not sure what "accepted" means. The international hub seems to be where the customs charge is applied.

Heres a tracking history of a recent EMS package I received from China:

Code:
20-11-2008  	 10:34  	Newport Depot  	Parcel delivered
19-11-2008 	23:20 	Newport Depot 	Out for delivery
19-11-2008 	12:39 	National Hub 	Sorted in hub
18-11-2008 	14:01 	International Hub 	En route to delivery depot
16-11-2008 	17:29 	International Hub 	AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
16-11-2008 	17:29 	International Hub 	Arrived in destination country
12-11-2008 	22:56 	Delivery Agent - SHANGHAI - PTT 	Left origin country
12-11-2008 	16:24 	Delivery Agent - CHINA 	Collected from customer

Tetsab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2008
East Sussex, UK
Hi Freddo,

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for you. I'm guessing this means you did decide to go ahead on your own - will we be seeing more stuff from you up on eBay as a result? And are there going to be more flavours??!!

Not that I should be looking at any more liquids really - think we've got enough to tide us over till about June now... :rolleyes:

Do like the Marlboro I got from you, though...! :thumb:

Letzin Hale

Moved On
Dec 28, 2008
Hi everyone, just looking for some answers.

I ordered a package from hong kong and when tracking it says:

Service: Parcelforce 24
Last tracked at: International Hub

Does this mean it has passed customs and it is being delivered or what?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated! :D Thanks alot

The hub is near Coventry, I used to pass it every week. International means it's arrived and is being processed and checked for if you have to pay duty. National means it's cleared and ready to go to a regional depot.
I used to get stuff from all over the world to sell on ebay but the import duty got too much.
Alan.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
I heard there is great potential for unexpected fees when ordering form china. What are the odds you'll get billed import duty or anything else in addition to the posted shipping fees of the seller?

How much can these fees potentially be?

Just like anywhere there are sellers or companies who 'forget' to mention that you might be liable for import duty, VAT and processing fees. That is partly why some prices from China seem very attractive.
Some try to avoid paying duty etc but it is a minefield and if caught can cost dearly. It does sound easy, buy cheap from China and make big bucks selling at home, but there's much more to it if you want to do it right.
The 2 links below will give you the basics, but make sure you have plenty of carts and your battery's charged 'cos it's a long and complicated read.
Good luck.
John.

Royal Mail, Parcelforce Worldwide and Fast Parcel Operators may also charge you for processing your package through Customs. These charges are normally collected together with any duty/taxes on delivery but they are not Customs duties. If you need to know the exact cost of these extra charges in advance, you should contact the seller and ask which carrier they will be using to send your goods. You can then contact the carrier and ask what their charges will be.
If you buy goods online from a country outside the European Union, for instance the USA, Canada, China, Australia

You will be charged:

• Customs duty if the amount of duty is €10 (£7) or over
  • Import VAT if the value of the goods is €22 (£18) and over
  • Excise duty for some goods like alcohol and tobacco
HM Revenue & Customs Link 1

HM Revenue & Customs Link 2

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
in reality most small stuff comes thru without charge.. at least it does in my reality..

whatever it say in the rules.. just like with many rules they are not applied as they should be.. i assume it comes down to manpower and whether or not its worth the cost of bothering to apply the rules.. in my reality it dosnt seem to be..

trog

Last edited:

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
in reality most small stuff comes thru without charge.. at least it does in my reality..

Sort of changing the subject here, but responding to your comment Trog, can I buy just for myself? Not being a supplier, it wouldn't be mast quantities and is it worth it? When you guys do post on eBay, I am supposin, your costs are less than the prof. sellers. And the stuff you buy from China? Is it quality. If I CAN buy, anything you recommend not getting from them? If it's stuff that doesn't last long, quality wise, I'd have to eat. (not literally), gag, cough, die.

I was going to get some juice to try from Johnsoncreek but it's hard to pass up some of the deals I see, but you know more about it. Can I ask you guys this? Do you recommend a certain one with good reputation?

Anyone can answer my questions here. But be nice please. I'm a newbie at this.:)

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
From what you have there, it has arrived but not been handed to or cleared through customs yet.
It should be updated some time this evening.

If the parcel has been sent expadited, they usually end up sitting around in the Hub for 5 days.
I dont know why they do this as expadited should give a faster service, it costs enough.

I have a theory, if they have too much mail they deal with as much as they can for the day and dump the rest in a corner.
If the Next days mail is all sorted they go back to the corner and work their way through what was left yesterday.
If however the Next day there is lots of mail then the excess for that also gets dumped on top of the stuff from the day before.

Eventually if enough builds up the powers that be will eventually approve paying someone overtime to go sort it out.

After all they dont rate it missing until 15 working days have passed.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
One more point, if the duty is substantial the Customs might delay while they contact you regarding payment. I had to send them a fax of the 'promise to pay' form today as the duty was well over 1000GBP. It speeds things up if you contact them first and send the form.
Cheers.
John.

freddo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Got the package today 3.6 litres of e liquid and a mini pipe (lady pipe). from what i can see so far i didnt get charged. I will post a review of the liquid and new e pipe tomo. Thanks for all the help guys :)

PS took 10 days from china to UK, very good in my opinion :D oh and it was from crentral trade.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
in europe come jan 1st, aren't we supposed to be able to import goods from anywhere with a value below €125 and not get charged duty ?

I also think it has to do with the packaging. I got bunch of gear from the states just before christmas. it came in a massive box with loads of air pillows. ridiculous packaging and I got stung on the lot but I have never had any trouble with anything from China whether it is e-cigs or deal extreme ware but then they do ship in nice tight brown padded envelopes.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i order tons of stuff from china.. lots with free DX shipping.. let me guess its standard airmail.. it takes two working days from leaving hong kong to arriving at my doorstep.. miraculously fast and 100% guaranteed to arrive.. nothing has ever failed..

now with express shipping .. two days to make the airplane part.. anything from two to four day to make the customs part.. two days to make the rest of the trip.. never any customs charge.. just way way longer than standard DX air mail..

let me say if DX offered me free express shipping i would refuse it.. normal airmail is quicker.. it seems to miss customs altogether.. straight of the airplane and into the postie van.. no great logic here but its how it is..

the postie lady makes lots of trips to my house.. and the parcel force van.. EMS and parcelforce work well.. customs sit on their .... as keef says..

the best speed is when the stuff gets put on the airplane on friday.. it moves over the weekend.. the worse is when it arrives friday.. it waits till monday... he he

in the US they seem to sit on their .... for three bloody weeks if recent SD deliveries are anything to go by.. bloody useless..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread