Anyone know the flavoring percentages for these Capella's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennylava

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2013
Texas
So I recently bought some Capella flavoring. Got them in the mail today, time to try my hand at mixing. I tried a while back with loranns, and it tasted like puke. Literally like puke. I'm still trying to get that taste out of my mouth. So needless to say, we don't want a repeat of that. I bought:

1. french toast

2. Boston creme pie

3. Apple pie

4. Cocoanut.

So what are the mixing percentages for these? I will be using a 50/50 pg/vg mix. Also, I vape at 0mg so I won't be using nic. In case nobody knows, is 10% total flavoring a good place to start? And how long do those particular flavors need to steep?

Bennylava

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2013
Texas
Thank you for the link.

But I'm wondering if I'm even asking the right question. Do the percentages vary from person to person? Its weird, browsing this sub-forum I've seen some people using 1% flavoring for the exact same flavoring that other people are using 10%. That's 10x the flavoring lol. I'm just not sure how to go about this.

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
I usually mix at 10% with the Capella stuff and it always seems to come out right for me.

Just handed a batch of 10% spearmint to the mother in law and she swears she can't taste the spearmint though (it's subtle to me, maybe her buds are ruined) Just went to 15% for a batch for her....

10 does me, for spearmint, and chocolate fudge :)

Not very helpful I know, but if I was using a 50/50 mix then 10% seems right. I'd lower if I upped the PG but that's just me.

Figure it's not an exact science, as all our taste buds are different.

I'd not go above 20% though, couldn't afford it :oops:

Bennylava

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2013
Texas
I used Apple Pie @ 8% in a mix.Turned out good. I have #'s 1&2 but not tried them yet.

Ok i'm sorry for asking what might seem like a stupid question at this point. But I have to make sure we're on the same page here. When people on this site say something like what you just said, "I used Apple Pie @ 8% in a mix." They mean that taking into account the total mixture of all fluids, only 8% was the Apple Pie flavoring, correct? So if you did a 50/50 pg/vg mix, what you're actually saying is that the total fluid in the bottle was 8% flavoring, and 46% PG, and 46% VG. Does that sound right? Minus nicotine, of course. I'll leave that out since I won't be using it. Sorry again for what seems to me like a dumb question but I had to ask.

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
Not a stupid question at all

Yeah, the percentage will be an overall percentage of the volume of liquid you are mixing - so the higher the ML of the mix, the more flavor you will end up putting in to achieve an overall percentage of flavor.

I use ejuicemeup and just dial in what percentages I am aiming for and it does the math. The percentage will be the same (just more or less flavoring) depending on the volume of the mix.

:)

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Ok i'm sorry for asking what might seem like a stupid question at this point. But I have to make sure we're on the same page here. When people on this site say something like what you just said, "I used Apple Pie @ 8% in a mix." They mean that taking into account the total mixture of all fluids, only 8% was the Apple Pie flavoring, correct? So if you did a 50/50 pg/vg mix, what you're actually saying is that the total fluid in the bottle was 8% flavoring, and 46% PG, and 46% VG. Does that sound right? Minus nicotine, of course. I'll leave that out since I won't be using it. Sorry again for what seems to me like a dumb question but I had to ask.

Actually if your aiming for a 50/50 No Nic mix. The flavorings count towards your PG (unless you bought VG based flavorings - most flavorings are PG based). So you would add 8% flavoring, 42% PG and 50% VG.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Bennylava

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2013
Texas
Actually if your aiming for a 50/50 No Nic mix. The flavorings count towards your PG (unless you bought VG based flavorings - most flavorings are PG based). So you would add 8% flavoring, 42% PG and 50% VG.

Cheers,
Steve

Nice! Thanks for all the help everyone!

I'll try that ejuicemeup and report back on how they turn out.

But until then, is there a list somewhere, of generally accepted flavors that don't need to steep? So far I've found that cocoanut really don't need to steep. It sort of tastes the same days or weeks later. It doesn't ever taste bad to begin with. I know there must be other well known flavors that do not need to steep. Someone said that they're all going to be real basic flavors, nothing complicated. But which ones are they? And I'm not asking for Capella's specifically, cause I'm kind of wanting the broad and general answer that sort of applies across the board.

Last edited:

bcollier9253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana

Not stupid question at all. The apple pie was 8% of the total mix. I make mine at 18mg50/50pg/vg. I had some other ingredients in there but as I am typing I am not at the station to be able to say what else. HTH!

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
ttt for the Boston Creme Pie and the French Toast.

I know one member said that the French toast sucked but I was hoping that maybe someone else had better results with different percentages.

The majority of Capella's will fall into the 10-20% range with the higher percentages being reserved for those that prefer stronger flavoring in their e-liquids. If you're trying to keep things subtle, I'd stick with as little as 5% and as much as 12% for most, though there are some that are simply overpowering. As an example, Egg Nog. At 1%, it's all I taste in a mix. Other say the same for the Fudge Brownie flavoring.

For French Toast, I'd start at 5% if you've not already tried it (I know this thread is a few weeks old) as it comes off pretty strong. Apple Pie is good in ranges of 5-10% as is Coconut. To me, coconut comes off as being a really smooth flavor, but I still think it needs some steeping as it can come off a bit chemical-like (as all coconut flavors can and most do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread