anyone know what's wrong with the usa forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
as Papa Lazarou mentioned,

DO NOT VISIT THE USA FORUM, IT WILL TRY TO GIVE YOU A VIRUS.

wish i hadnt brought this up as it is giving people the incentive to check out the site. taz, if you didnt have anti virus protection running when you visited the site (or used a mac), maybe you should do a scan now to see if everything is alright. my AVG software put a file in its virus vault. i dont know how dangerous it is on its own or if i needed to download the "anti-virus" software it was prompting me for it to be. dont know much about viruses really as i have managed to avoid getting one so far happily.

Last edited:

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
ditto kate. hope all the security is up to date. if there is someone going about specifically trying to corrupt e-cig forums, you this one is a prime canditate.

tried looking up the name of that file kate but it returned nothing. i think it is just a file to load the message box which prompts you to download the actual virus. i got it from getting into the forum by using a bookmark, after not being able to get in through a search engine link.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
That why I didn't use a name or anything, don't know for sure. Not trying to be nasty or anything. Thanks for correcting my behavior Leaford. I should not have mentioned anyone even without names.

I have Norton personal firewall running all the time. It won't let me down load things from my dsl provder sometimes and ATT gives me the Norton vires. It also tells me when I have attacks in real time. Also, all i get is that page from the internet Exporer telling me I misspelled, site gone down, etc.

Thanks for the concern.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
i dont think your post was improper taz or that leaf meant it that way. you could be well on the money that a seller who was unhappy with the criticism of their products on the forums is taking action against them. we really don't know. it could just be a co-incidence that two e-cig forums have been attacked. maybe not. the dutch forum seems to be active about pursuing who-ever did it to them so we might hear who the culprit is one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread