Anyone Mastered Filling a Tank without wearing e-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
The one thing about vaping that is proving to be the biggest challenge: sticky finger syndrome. No matter what precautions I take, or how many vaper towels I use I end up with the 'transdermal nicotine delivery system.' Absorbing nicotine isn't as fun as vaping. Anyone master this technique? Doesn't matter if its protanks or carto tanks, there's always spillage. I'm wondering if tanks with fill holes are better.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use the Slap Yo Moma tank accessory tool when both assembling and filling my cartotanks. I find it to be indispensable. Not only does it make assemblng/filling a tank a breeze, it also protects a cartotanks o-rings from unnecessary wear and tear.

I use a variety of items to make filling any tank spill-proof. Glass droppers or blunt needle syringes make adding juice more precise. Some vendors use the needle-tipped plastic tops which serve the same purpose.

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
I use Protanks a lot and when I invert them to fill them, I get a small amount of juice/condensation that runs out the mouthpiece opening at the top. I have started rolling up a tissue and inserting it into the mouthpiece opening. This prevents me from getting juice on my hand and also dries the inner cylinder a bit.

If anyone has a better idea for this, please share it.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Michael, the posters who suggested a refilling tool/drip tip are right -- they're the best things I ever purchased. I dislike needle-tip bottle caps because a lot of my juice is thick, and they don't work well with VG-heavy juice. Also, Valley View Vapes makes some interesting tanks that have fill-holes on the side. I would avoid the ones with the tiny screw at the top that is used in conjuction with needle/needle-tips because: a) if you lose the screw, you're screwed. ;-) and b) the above aforementioned reason with needle-tips and highly viscous VG juice. We have those at the shop, you know (tank refilling drip tip tool). You need to pick one up next time you stop by.

(Just don't mention the name here on ECF!) :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
+1 Slap Yo Mama Tool

Make sure to buy a few if your like me and have a habit of losing or tossing them by accident!

Rocketpunk said:
Yeah, I did that once, sadly enough. Had a buzz going, filled a tank, used a paper towel to dry the tool off, but accidentally threw it away with the paper towel. :-(
Yup. I have two. One in the stainless steel and another in the black delrin. I actuallly prefer using the less expensive delrin model.

Big Daddy is selling a little pill box device to keep the SYM in to avoid losing it. I use a spare bathroom vanity as my tank fill/assembly station, and it can get pretty cluttered with cartos, tanks, juice bottles, filling syringes and scissors. It's pretty useful if you bring the SYM with you for on-the-go tank refills, too. You just have to remember to put it in there when you're finished with it. I can't remember the number of times that I went to refill a tank and couldn't find my original SYM. :-x

Last edited:

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Yeah, I did that once, sadly enough. Had a buzz going, filled a tank, used a paper towel to dry the tool off, but accidentally threw it away with the paper towel. :-(

I did this same thing, but stone sober. I am a lot older than you tho, could be early dementia. :laugh: I will have to check out the tanks you can refill from the side. My Protanks are getting some age, maybe the little o-ring on the bottom cap is wearing out.

Thanks the the replies! Yes, I use the slap you mama tank tool which is great, but somehow there's at least a drop that comes from nowhere and gets on my fingers. The last shipment from MBV all has loose fitting dripper tops and that caused a lot of the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread