Anyone still use Genesis Hybrids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
If I could find more of them I would use more.
I prefer them. Hybrids rock!
Genny's are the best performing RTAs, however they require a slight learning curve to master.
This turns off a lot of beginning vapers, and today there are tons of options.
That's why there aren't a lot of Genny hybrids, compared to traditional mechanical mods.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Me too!
Unfortunately unlike a lot of mods good hybrids arent cheap or cloned well
For my birthday this year I been saving up for a petar k fusion, looks most awesome.

On top of the learning curve ya cant really set up a genni for 65 watts with a .2 ohm coil and that seems to be the rage anymore. So im sure not belting out volcanic sized clouds has helped kill some of the popularity.

But set up properly, for some juices you still cant beat that geni flavor, IMO

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My first RBA experience was with a Genesis-style RTA. I'll agree there is a high learning curve involved, and I put them away for a period of time.

Then I got a Kayfun RTA, which was a much more positive experience, and then a rebuildable dripper. I tried out the old Genny tank again later and although a more positive experience, I still prefer the dripper and Kayfun.

Reactions: Grimwald

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I sold off all mine when the Kayfun/Taifuns came out. They offer better flavor without the hassle of a Genesis. I get that people still like Genesis devices but it's a basic design with too many limitations including being the most leaky and least mobile friendly devices. They do have one advantage, the old Zens where the best looking devices ever made.

zenandpluid.jpg

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Yeah, more flavor than a Kayfu for sure. They are the most un-mobile friendly types of mods out there though. I have a hybrid that I been flirting with the idea of selling but just can't do it. I haven't used it in forever but want to...here she is... View attachment 457029
Poor little Orian sitting empty on the window seal looking all sad:(

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Bad Ninja??? Where did you get that long drip tip? It has to bepart of the hybrid I imagine, if so, what hybrid is that with it??? Look amazing!!!

It's a silver dog clone 18350.
The tip is actually a $3 Chinese tip.
I think it came with HCigar Omega RDA clone but they are available on Fasttech for cheap.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Hybrid, not me. Genny? Absolutely. Not a day goes by that I dont run through at least 2 tanks with my origin v2. Best atty I've ever used, hands down.
How does it compare to say
A Kraken?
I've been eyeing an Origen V2 for a minute....just never pulled the trigger.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
How does it compare to say
A Kraken?
I've been eyeing an Origen V2 for a minute....just never pulled the trigger.
I had a kraken....I never really got along with it. The origin is phenomenal. Wide open, the draw is like a tugboat v1. The deck is designed for cotton or mesh. I use cotton and have yet to get a dry hit....no tipping necessary. Flavor is off the charts. I've had many toppers. As far as tanks go, with the right build, nothing touches it. 2 enthusiastic thumbs up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread