Anyone tried the COV Gen 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsaqzw

Jan 10, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I've been looking into getting a rebuildable genesis type atty for awhile now and finally took the plunge last night. I meant to order the AGA-T2 from COV, but accidentally placed the COV Gen 2 into my cart and order it instead. It's already shipped out so I can't really modify my order now.

This will be my first forte into the rebuild-able world, but I think I have a good idea on how to make the wicks/coils.

Can anyone give some input on the Gen 2 vs. the AGA-T2? I just want to make sure I didn't get a super crappy clone, as I have heard many good things about the AGA-T2.

Nicholas

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I thought you were talking about the COV Gen II which was a DiD clone, went to look just to be sure. These are quite a bit different, haven't seen these before. They do look like they'd be easy to setup.

edit: The center post does look a little on the short side. Also the negative screw isn't slotted or knurled. Looks like it could be hard to get tight.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I have 1. They are plated not SS. They hold maybe 3 mls. The center post is at least 2mm too short. OP, if you need help setting it up when the time comes PM me. I am an expert and more than willing to help.

just going by the listing, on COV it says stainless so i dont know.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
lol its all good, i can only trust the supplier knows what hes listing. but i more then believe you as having experience with metal working i was wondering how they got that pretty coating to stick to surgical stainless and charge only 25.
before you chimed in i was going to email them and ask if they are sure the listing is correct cause if it is SS its a nice cheapo

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I don't trust that single o-ring on such a shallow positioning.

Looks like if you so much as flicked it, the top would fly off.

On mine the o ring is actually too large. So the cap wont seat when pushed down. It must be twisted and pushed until is squashes the o ring. It keeps the cap on solid.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
aaaand it's a piece of .....

It's all chrome plated brass and the tube is poly.

That and I can't get it to ground. There's an o-ring that won't sit right no matter what I do, and it's blocking the ground connection. Moving it doesn't help, either.

Thanks for the junk, Bruce.

Bruce has said on live web chats that he will 100% honor any issues like this. Money back or new item. Hit him up.

Coppercustomz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
NC Coast
www.numbejuice.com
I was able to fix the connection using an old AGA parts kit I bought way back. I cut down an AGA center post and put it in place of the GEN II's.

It's running now, all coils are a'glow... sucks I had to modify it to get it running but I'm really liking the size.

I just broke my AGA +, Will the glass tank from the AGA fit on the Gen II? & Does anyone know the wick hole size on the Gen II ??? Thinking about ordering one to modify if the measurements add up:D Thanks

Last edited:

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
I just broke my AGA +, Will the glass tank from the AGA fit on the Gen II? & Does anyone know the wick hole size on the Gen II ??? Thinking about ordering one to modify if the measurements add up:D Thanks

If you hurry up, you can get in on the co-op. I will be getting one hopefully within a month and will be able to tell you if the tank from the AGA-T+ will fit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread