Not open for further replies.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Agreed, the Hadaly ain't all that.
Meh have to disagree! My Hadalay Produces Phenomenal Flavour! Only thing I would change is the Air holes could be a little higher up, for less chance of over Squonk leaking out the Air holes.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I find if I lower the coil, so it's just about even with the Air hole. I get little to no spit back
If I raise the coil just slightly so the air flow hole is just underneath I get spit back.
So Air hitting the side of the coil no spit back:) Air under the coil Spit Back!
Same here,the middle of my coil is even with the middle of the air holes,and no spit back at all.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
So, along with 6 more builds over the last week I've also tried varying coil set heights. Although it's true that lowering the coil reduces spitback I've settled on setting the coil where the bottom of coil is is just below the top of the airflow slot; that's where I'm getting the best flavor and vapor density. 510 drip tip required to eliminate spitback but I'm fine with that.
Fanning out the wick tails against the rim of the juice well to force air to flow only over the coil is working great too.

2.8mm 28/38 SS Fused Clapton @ 58W is a tremendously delicious vape.

IMG_20170520_122004_108-1.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
The Wasp arrived, it whistles... :glare:
I still need to check out the Gorge...
View attachment 662391
On the whistling,maybe try a small file and bevel the edges of the air holes a bit.On the other site,i seen you mentioned the positive post being in farther than the negative,have you tried loosening the screw in the bottom to see if the post will move out a bit?

Reactions: TrollDragon

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Also, FWIW, I am running a Wasp full open, and a Gorge at about half...
Granted, Gorge has a big ole honkin wide bore tip on it - but still - it's far more airy.

withtip.jpg
gorge-ultem-small.jpg

The Wasp arrived, it whistles... :glare:
I still need to check out the Gorge...
View attachment 662391

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Granted, Gorge has a big ole honkin wide bore tip on it - but still - it's far more airy.

View attachment 662425 View attachment 662427
Where did you find an ultem drip tip like that?I've seen a few really wide ones,but haven't seen any like that one before,it looks a lot better on the wasp than my black one does haha.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Hmmm.
I THOUGHT that was from my Hadaly, but just looked and it isn't...
So now, I don't know, sorry!!
I even looked back through old fasttech orders to see - but I didn't find it. They do have some ultem tips though...

Where did you find an ultem drip tip like that?I've seen a few really wide ones,but haven't seen any like that one before,it looks a lot better on the wasp than my black one does haha.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I picked up a few of these off of fleabay (which shipped from Singapore from an APO address), and I'm really enjoying them. I'm using these in regular dripper mode, since I have as of yet bought a squonk mod. And I'm just running round wire builds; nothing fancy, but even at .6 ohms, I'm getting more out of these little things than my previous drippers.

The only whistle is when I tighten the airflow up, but it't not too distracting. The flavor has been phenomenal, and what I like most is how clean these run compared to other rda's. I assume due to the airflow, my builds don't gunk as fast as previous drippers and I can actually run them longer. And I haven't had a single leak even when over dripping.

Now, all I want to do is find a few affordable squonk mods :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
On the whistling,maybe try a small file and bevel the edges of the air holes a bit.On the other site,i seen you mentioned the positive post being in farther than the negative,have you tried loosening the screw in the bottom to see if the post will move out a bit?

Thanks, I really don't want to take a file to it just yet. I tried raising the coil as was suggest over at the other site and that seemed to alleviate a lot of the whistle. Next coil change I'll take the positive deck out and see if I can move it or put a thin shim under the front edge to tilt it slightly towards the cap.

View attachment 662425 View attachment 662427
Thanks, the Gorge seems like an excellent choice. I have an Aeronaut 24 (V2) inbound, so I'm going to check it out first then most likely throw a Gorge in my next cart. :thumbs:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Now, all I want to do is find a few affordable squonk mods :)
Depending on whether your looking for mech or regulated,there are several good ones that are very affordable.In the mechs,there is the Coppervape,the Frankenskull clone,and a few others,then there is the Pico squueze,and some good regulated ones are the Kanger Dripbox 160,the Cov Wraith,as well as a couple others,then depending on budget,you can pick up a couple different Dna 75 sqounkers for right around $100 or so,the Lost vape Therion can be found for around $109,and the Hcigar Inbox runs right around $80 or so.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
eb0283b2784516b9c507eaba930bc738.jpg

I used a mystic atmos ultem tip to solve the heat issues I was having with the wasp. Looks good and love the vape I'm getting from it. Amazing flavor and just the right amount of airflow I like at 30 watts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great looking DT! $20.00 and out of stock.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The Wasp is pretty nice....just wish I could get it quieted down. Just looking at it, it shouldn't whistle....and yet......I have a yard full of strange dogs.
On mine, the positive post has a small gap between it and the top cap. I believe this greatly contributes to the whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread