Anyone try Oumier Wasp Nano ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Mine came in today, cleaned it up put a 5 wrap S.S. alien coil in it, .33, gotta say I really do like it, and I am not getting the whistle, I did use a good amount of cotton though. The cap fits nice and snug but not to tight, I have not changed out the 510 yet, getting a good warm flavor with it.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I dug the wasp out for another kick at the cat and totally got rid of the whistle. I think my problem before was too big of a coil and too low. This time I put in a 3mm, 4 wrap of 28gx2/34 Clapton paralleled with a 24g wire all in SS316L. Raising it above the air slots has totally eliminated the whistle, my other noisy attempts were with a 3.5mm coil that was much lower.

Time to give the Vandy vape Pulse a rest and enjoy this little guy at 460F/65W on the Inbox.
Wasp.jpg

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I dug the wasp out for another kick at the cat and totally got rid of the whistle. I think my problem before was too big of a coil and too low. This time I put in a 3mm, 4 wrap of 28gx2/34 Clapton paralleled with a 24g wire all in SS316L. Raising it above the air slots has totally eliminated the whistle, my other noisy attempts were with a 3.5mm coil that was much lower.

Time to give the Vandy vape Pulse a rest and enjoy this little guy at 460F/65W on the Inbox. View attachment 675581

Same here, 3mm fused clapton 316L SS with the coil set high, very close to how yours looks. No whistle with the afc wide open but faint whistling in any other afc position. How's the flavor with new build and set height?, better?

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Same here, 3mm fused clapton 316L SS with the coil set high, very close to how yours looks. No whistle with the afc wide open but faint whistling in any other afc position. How's the flavor with new build and set height?, better?
It's quite a bit better, but the Wasp is just another RDA for me. It's not one of those can't live without RDA's like the Aeronaut 24, Stumpy or KLS. I'd love to go back to the days of my Origin V2 with a dual mesh build, but I can't vape like that anymore. ;)

While waiting for my Resurrection V2 to ship, I figured I'd dig out the first version for a rip. I hate 3 post RDA's but the flavor from it trumps that annoying bit. The Wasp has taken a back seat yet again. ;)

Resurrection.jpg

Sorry for the low quality picture.

Reactions: cigatron

BIG TOZZ

Sep 13, 2017
This is the build I settled on. Something like 6 wraps of 30awg SS 316L. Comes out to just under 1.4 ohms. Absolutely zero spitback. I think not going subohm crazy might be the trick to preventing spitback on this bad boy. Been vaping it on the pico squeeze for a few hours on this build and no matter what I do, zero spitback, not even a pop.

What can i say, this atty is everything i hoped it would be. Looking forward to getting a 2nd already. only complaint i get a slight dry taste even after juicing up but i think i maybe put on a little too much wick.

voHXqBM.jpg

edit: No whistle.... Plenty of wick.... obviously BF pin

Last edited:

BIG TOZZ

Sep 13, 2017
Wow I haven't seen or used 30g wire since the Kayfun days... The last build in my Wasp was 8 wraps of 22g.
Funny you say that cause last build i did before getting this bad boy WAS a Kayfun 3.1 in uhhh 2014? 2015?
I think it is a little thin now that i have done some builds with it. Did buy some 26awg SS316L. i dont wanna give up on stainless

Reactions: TrollDragon

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have a black Wasp Nano on one of my Pico Squeeze mods with a RxW build that I use when I go out to run errands in the wee hours of the night (just toss it in a shirt pocket). For longer runs I have a custom cup holder carrier for both of the Squeeze mods, or I take two of my four Pico 75's with Avo G's on them.

I didn't like the Solo that's on the other one in this pic. It currently has a black Serpent BF on it, but I sometimes use a BF'd black Petri V2 or black Pulse 22 on it as well.

vm20171002s6.jpg

$hahin

Jul 20, 2016
Hi guys, so I'm vaping on the wasp for just about 2 months now and I absolutely love it! Running a nichrome tri alien micro coil in here, 0.46 ohm, hitting it at 36.9 watts on my minikin v2, and I swear, it doesn't get better. Well, the only way I can see to get better flavour is if you drink the juice, hehe.

I want to get another one actually, so I can dedicate one for fruity and the other dessert liquids.

I currently have the stainless steel version and was thinking of getting the brass version this time, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea, since I read that people are able to taste the brass.

Is this true guys?

Which do you recommend between the brass and ss version?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hi guys, so I'm vaping on the wasp for just about 2 months now and I absolutely love it! Running a nichrome tri alien micro coil in here, 0.46 ohm, hitting it at 36.9 watts on my minikin v2, and I swear, it doesn't get better. Well, the only way I can see to get better flavour is if you drink the juice, hehe.

I want to get another one actually, so I can dedicate one for fruity and the other dessert liquids.

I currently have the stainless steel version and was thinking of getting the brass version this time, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea, since I read that people are able to taste the brass.

Is this true guys?

Which do you recommend between the brass and ss version?
I think you will find that the brass is actually gold and the Chinese don't know how to properly list it. Most likely it's gold plated brass and the plating is holding up very nicely on mine. Unlike the Peerless I have...

I would never get a brass deck of any kind, I don't even like brass top caps as they turn green just sitting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread