Anyone try Oumier Wasp Nano ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I just received 2 additional Wasp Nano's from fasttech (from China to here in 9 days), and there seems to be a slight revision to the packaging and the product.

My original box was plain black with a yellow wasp on it, while the newer ones are a bit more ornate with golden honeycomb pattern. The rda itself now has flathead set screws instead of the previous grub screws. Squonk pins were included and I quickly changed them out. A little blue screwdriver replaced the Allen wrench, of course. Everything else seems to be the same.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I just received 2 additional Wasp Nano's from fasttech (from China to here in 9 days), and there seems to be a slight revision to the packaging and the product.

My original box was plain black with a yellow wasp on it, while the newer ones are a bit more ornate with golden honeycomb pattern. The RDA itself now has flathead set screws instead of the previous grub screws. Squonk pins were included and I quickly changed them out. A little blue screwdriver replaced the Allen wrench, of course. Everything else seems to be the same.
Mine were the same way,i thought maybe it was because my first one was the stainless and the 2nd was brass was why the box was different,but then after seeing the rda,it was different too so i figured maybe they did an update.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I ordered 5...I got 2 old boxes and 3 new boxes...or vice versa. If I knew which one came first, I could give more info. All 5 are SS, though....thankfully. The only difference I see is the plainish boxes have grub screws and 510 drip tips seem to fit a little better. They all whistle but I've found it doesn't really need 2 airholes. Clear tape over one and the whistle is gone without any loss in flavor and the draw is a little more suited to my style. For the money, it's a great atty. I've got some attys that cost 10x as much but don't perform as well. Go figure...:?:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Could the wasp in the plain box be a clone ? I have one from FT on its way and ill be so annoyed if there isnt a bf pin.
The 2 different boxes I have, neither are plain. They're both printed boxes...just different printing. One has flat head grub screws and the other has allen head grubs. Both came with BF pins and both are identical other than the grubs. I ordered SS versions...they're legit. Plus, cloning a $10 atty seems silly.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I snapped off the BF pin on my wasp the other night, she's pretty thin where the threads are. I had taken out the positive post to see why mine is so far away from the top cap. Looking to see if it was bent or there was something under the PEEK insulator. Nothing to be found, I put it all back together and snapped the pin while tightening, and it wasn't really that tight either. Mine could have had a flaw but there was another who mentioned theirs broke as well... Just something to keep in mind if you do take it out.

I bought a bag of every BF pin FT and 3F sells so it was an easy replacement. :D

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Could the wasp in the plain box be a clone ? I have one from FT on its way and ill be so annoyed if there isnt a bf pin.

Historically if FT lists something as authentic it is indeed authentic. If they list it as xyz "Style" it is a clone. There's just too much awareness in the vaping community and too much risk for suppliers to falsely represent their products these days.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I snapped off the BF pin on my wasp the other night, she's pretty thin where the threads are. I had taken out the positive post to see why mine is so far away from the top cap. Looking to see if it was bent or there was something under the PEEK insulator. Nothing to be found, I put it all back together and snapped the pin while tightening, and it wasn't really that tight either. Mine could have had a flaw but there was another who mentioned theirs broke as well... Just something to keep in mind if you do take it out.

I bought a bag of every BF pin FT and 3F sells so it was an easy replacement. :D

Thanks for the tip! I haven't had to remove my 510 pin yet but when I do I'll be extra careful.

Reactions: TrollDragon

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il

Nah. The "plain box" ones I purchased off of Ebay when it first came out and arrived from Singapore, not FT. The ones from FT were the prettier boxes. All came with BF pins.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il

I stripped one of my 510 pins taking it out to replace with the squonk pin. It was in tight and the metal is soft and I couldn't get a good enough purchase; luckily it finally came free and I was able to get the squonk pin in without further issue.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I have one coming this week, I paid to much for it but the vendor was in the states, so a few more bucks to get it faster is not a huge deal for me. Kind of worried about the whistle that people are talking about. Still have not decided what I want to put it on yet, but thinking it might look good on the black wraith or coppervape.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I have one coming this week, I paid to much for it but the vendor was in the states, so a few more bucks to get it faster is not a huge deal for me. Kind of worried about the whistle that people are talking about. Still have not decided what I want to put it on yet, but thinking it might look good on the black wraith or coppervape.
Hopefully you get a silent one!
I had high expectations for the Wasp, and should have got the Gorge instead.

Reactions: cigatron

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Reactions: cigatron

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I have a big tackle box full of rdas, I hoping it don't join, but as we know there is always something better being released.
I do too ;), and one full of Kayfuns/Taifuns and Flash e-Vapor that I can't use anymore...

The gorge looks really similar to this one
$10.24 Odis Atty Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping but with the ultim cap. it is still on my coppervape. but I like the gorge clamping better, might have to check that one out too, see what I mean everything seems to look better than the last one.
Had one of those, one of the screws seized in the positive post and snapped off. Requested a replacement positive post from FT and waited 2 months to find it discontinued with a $2 offering for my loss. A few emails got a full refund and the o-atty went into the garbage. I didn't like those clamps anyway.

I have the LE86 on my Wraith now and the Hadaly on my DB2. The Pulse lives on my VT Inbox and a Peerless is on the Drone... I need to get a Mulciber and a Gorge as well.

It's a sickness I tell you. :w00t:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I finally got around to using my wasp.Plenty of airflow,and easy to build.Easier for me than the Hadaly.But man is it loud.It whistles pretty bad like everyone is saying.Not sure if I can deal with that.
Cover one of the airholes with clear tape. You can't see it, it doesn't really cut the air down too much and it doesn't affect the flavor.... unless it improves it. Most importantly, it quiets it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread