Anyone using kylin mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
I've only had my Kylin Mini for a few days now, the 1st time I built and wicked it, it was okay, certainly not as good as I thought it could be, the taste was okay, but man did it spit, so I have started again, this time using a smooth DIY coil, spread it out a little, and put more cotton in the little channel grooves than advised on YouTube, and a huge improvement, the taste is very good, and the spitting has stopped, so I'm hoping this is the way forward with this tank.

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just curious here and feel free to tell me to piss off. How old is your mom? I’m just wondering and I find it fascinating that your dad was 15 when You were born. None of my business just wondering. Don’t have the Kylin mini but I like the airflow on it. I’m happy using my Zesthia and Themis right now otherwise I’d probably buy one. Do let us know how your dad likes it though.

Reactions: stols001

Matthew Earl

Apr 19, 2018
I've only had my Kylin Mini for a few days now, the 1st time I built and wicked it, it was okay, certainly not as good as I thought it could be, the taste was okay, but man did it spit, so I have started again, this time using a smooth DIY coil, spread it out a little, and put more cotton in the little channel grooves than advised on YouTube, and a huge improvement, the taste is very good, and the spitting has stopped, so I'm hoping this is the way forward with this tank.

Hi mate just wondering how you getting on with it now? I picked up today, waaaay to much heat coming off it and juice rather than vapour lol! Just added me cotton too and it then improved it but still not perfect :( maybe even more cotton??

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
49167CB0-4126-433C-86C7-F7E4DC1FCA5A.jpeg
Hi mate just wondering how you getting on with it now? I picked up today, waaaay to much heat coming off it and juice rather than vapour lol! Just added me cotton too and it then improved it but still not perfect :( maybe even more cotton??

Morning Matthew,
I’m getting on with my Kylin very well now, the spitting has gone, and this thing is a taste bomb. The coil I’m using, I’ve spaced it out by stretching it slightly, and then the cotton is a very snug fit, but not enough to pull the coil out of shape. I thinned the wick out slightly, more fluffing it up and taking out a few light strands. I then wet it with e juice so it lays in that groove better, and trimmed it off so the bottom was just below the screw for the coil, you don’t want your wick sitting too low. It takes a bit of fiddling about to get the wick sitting snug in the groove without fouling the screw threads of the tank when you put it all back together. This works for me, and I’m very happy with it. The first time I wicked the Kylin, it was bad, like yours it was spitting like a demon, very uncomfortable. I have my Kylin at 37W which is good for me, I’ve had it higher and it still didn’t spit. Long explanation which I apologise for, but I hope this and the pic works for you, because when you get there, it’s gonna be worth it Mate, a very good Tank. Let me know how you get on please.

Matthew Earl

Apr 19, 2018
View attachment 737257

Morning Matthew,
I’m getting on with my Kylin very well now, the spitting has gone, and this thing is a taste bomb. The coil I’m using, I’ve spaced it out by stretching it slightly, and then the cotton is a very snug fit, but not enough to pull the coil out of shape. I thinned the wick out slightly, more fluffing it up and taking out a few light strands. I then wet it with e juice so it lays in that groove better, and trimmed it off so the bottom was just below the screw for the coil, you don’t want your wick sitting too low. It takes a bit of fiddling about to get the wick sitting snug in the groove without fouling the screw threads of the tank when you put it all back together. This works for me, and I’m very happy with it. The first time I wicked the Kylin, it was bad, like yours it was spitting like a demon, very uncomfortable. I have my Kylin at 37W which is good for me, I’ve had it higher and it still didn’t spit. Long explanation which I apologise for, but I hope this and the pic works for you, because when you get there, it’s gonna be worth it Mate, a very good Tank. Let me know how you get on please.

Mine is looking very similar, maybe my wicking sat slightly lower, I been vaping for the evening, no taste bomb yet but the coil is still saturated so must be working, I’ve had only enough juice to cover the wicking holes so far while in testing, I’ve now filled the tank so will see what it is like tomorow! Maybe I will then tinker with the wattage! Nightmare hope I get it right soon

Reactions: Budgie

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
Mine is looking very similar, maybe my wicking sat slightly lower, I been vaping for the evening, no taste bomb yet but the coil is still saturated so must be working, I’ve had only enough juice to cover the wicking holes so far while in testing, I’ve now filled the tank so will see what it is like tomorow! Maybe I will then tinker with the wattage! Nightmare hope I get it right soon
That’s good news, hopefully when you tinker with the wattage, you’ll get the results you want. Is there any spitting going on?

Matthew Earl

Apr 19, 2018
That’s good news, hopefully when you tinker with the wattage, you’ll get the results you want. Is there any spitting going on?

Very little spitting if any, I was sat at 45, maybe I’ll lower it, I’ll get a couple good hits then a more tasteless one, the wicking looks spot on with yours so don’t know why, will bubble tank make a difference?

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
That’s good news about the spitting, or lack of it, I’ve just put mine to 45 and tried it; the taste is weaker, and then the beginning of a dry hit on the 4th time, put it back down to 35, and it’s fine again, it’s probably worth winding the W,s down, and gradually increasing it until you get the taste you want, I don’t think the bubble tank will make a difference to the taste though. I think with the Kylin, it’s a fine line with the wicking, not enough, saturation and spitting, and to much wicking and not enough juice getting to the coil, and dry hits. Stick with it, you’ll get there, a lower wattage will help I think. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread